ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #6511
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
let it go buddy. you sound like your 80.

oh I thought you wanted to talk about it ?

with age comes wisdom
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #6512
jamin_mathis OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
Got a set of hubs for my ZY250 today I'm building a set of tard wheels for it I blasted and powder coated them satin black. I'd like to pick up a second YZ to keep one permanently set up tarded as a track bike.

I'm going to be setting up a little powder coating shop to help finance this project so if any of you FFers need something coated cheep lets make a deal can do smaller things like hubs or what ever can fit in a house hold oven (I'm not using the oven I cook in) but should have a curing lamp system soon so I'll be setting up a spot to do frames.

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #6513
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
My Tuesday night/weds posts where in regards to the idiots destroying the local business and neighborhoods as well as the homeless shelter. And the idiot women taking their children to the action. One of these so called protesters was chased down by police and arrested directly behind my house..guess what he had a handgun on him. The folks being destructive where not supporters of any community they where just looking for an excuse to act stupid and found one. Do they really think yelling " Fuck the Police" will accomplish anything ? take to the polls idiots.

My post that followed showed no bias toward anybody. The links where posted to show people what was going on down town. As this is the home town for a few of us here on advrider.

The real people concerned about the community marched on sunday. We Are Anaheim..not at the police station but from city hall and around down town making sure to stay on the opposite side of the street from the instigators and racisist group the Mexica Movement (who have no real interest in our community other then to start shit) . We Are Anaheim's goal was to promote peace not just with the police department but with the people in the community.

If people want change they got to vote...I am sure the We Are Anaheim folks will take to the polls. All the destructive,instigating fools on tuesday wont be.

As for the Diaz shooting on saturday... I really dont feel anything for that guy.. a heroin dealing thug convicted of carrying a handgun on a school campus with a gang enhancement on the charge.. you know those guys motto right ? ... Live by the gun Die by the gun...."East 'till I die" was a nice sign at his memorial... did you notice that by the time all the news cameras got there sunday for the vigil that all the gang related stuff was gone ? and that the local church told the family that they could not have the vigil there ? He does not even live in the neighborhood he hangs out there and deals drugs. His mom drops him off there and comes and picks him up days later. Good thing she is suing for 50mil for his " Lost income" I guess I am in the wrong business.

The federal investigation will say what happened on saturday. The thing I don't get is how a bunch of people say they saw him shot in the back and have video of it yet there is no video ? People in those neighborhoods are very quick to band together and support each other even if it is a fabricated lie especially if it is something against the cops. I personally will not believe a word they say. Some of the eye witnesses have already given statements that do not even match.

About a year ago a 13 year old kid was stabbed to death in front of his own home and they screamed that they needed more patrols to catch suspicious activity....that's what they got and now they complaining that they are all being profiled

And how do I support the community ? I shop locally and support many of the local business. We dine at a lot of the local restaurants and I shop regular at the T-Shirt outlet for my plain cotton t's and long sleeve cotton shirt I ride in . The T-Shirt outlet owned by the Sim family was looted for nearly $20k on tuesday.

As for the Anaheim PD . I support them 100% and chief Welter. Yes I have been stopped by them in the past sometimes for BS sometimes not. They have been there for me every time I have ever needed them. Being threatened on my own property taking my trash out to my trash can, assaulted at the local laundry mat for no reason, a car thief rattle can spraying a car in my ally..the list goes on and on. They have treated me with nothing but respect. Know why ? because I don't act like an idiot. It is amazing how much respect you can get from an officer when you show them the same.

And now I am off the looks at some places in the "Land of Gracious Living" so I can be with my fellow right wingers. Because I guess order, justice and community support are a right winger thing.

I wouldn't give it up so soon just yet. otherwise I may see cold framers offroading giant tractors to just protecting their land oh that's war !
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #6514
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
one bad guy vs two good guys, unless he turns the two into bad or silent one of them, the bad one would never stay a chance
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #6515
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
let it go buddy. you sound like your 80.
If the "protests" in Anaheim are so justified, why aren't you out there protesting with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
oh I thought you wanted to talk about it ?

with age comes wisdom
Jeff - he's older than I am, but living in LA he doesn't seem to have much perspective on the world or how you shouldn't rush to judgement without all of the facts. Stay safe down there!
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #6516
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
If the "protests" in Anaheim are so justified, why aren't you out there protesting with them?

was wondering the same

it is very easy to say stuff from distance.....
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #6517
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,780
Sorry for the hijack, but I am going to talk bike shit.

It is amazing the difference in the GS once you put knobs on it vs. running tourances. I found that it also helps to ride for 1,000 miles of dirt on the knobs to inspire more confidence in the bike.

No I am still slow, just NOT THAT SLOW anymore.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #6518
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post

Jeff - he's older than I am, but living in LA he doesn't seem to have much perspective on the world or how you shouldn't rush to judgement without all of the facts. Stay safe down there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
was wondering the same

it is very easy to say stuff from distance.....
coming from 2 of the most stick up their ass conservatives. you've got to be kidding.

tell me the time you protested for something you believe in?

tell me the time you spent the night in jail for your beliefs.

I fight the fights that are close to my heart. this one is not. but when an ADV inmate rambles on then a few others chime in with idiotic responses, I will challenge you.

this situation in Anaheim was 2 armed cops against 1 unarmed gangbanger. end of story.
if you use the fact he's a gang member as reason to kill, then you need to check yourself.

and my original comment about Jeff being a left leaning punk, was a friendly jab.

if you wanna know more about the times I've put my body on line, talk to me over a beer at camp.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #6519
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Chang of subject

i saw this guy on Wilshire near Danny G's Beverly Hills office

Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #6520
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,369
Quote:
i saw this guy on Wilshire near Danny G's Beverly Hills office

I thought that was picture of Chang. Remember the only constant in life is chang.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #6521
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
I thought that was picture of Chang. Remember the only constant in life is chang.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #6522
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

It is amazing the difference in the GS once you put knobs on it vs. running tourances. I found that it also helps to ride for 1,000 miles of dirt on the knobs to inspire more confidence in the bike.

It's the miles not the tires not that better rubber is bad
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #6523
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Quote:
and my original comment about Jeff being a left leaning punk, was a friendly jab.
I know it was a jab...the end of my post about going to live with my right wing brethren was a joke as well. I just felt like you where calling my out with the "explain" comment and bringin up if the shooting was justified.

Like you i belive it is important to fight for what you believe in . personally I have never been in jail for such things but detained and questioned yes.

anyway back to the regularly scheduled program.

Little bike ride in Big Bear this weeked Finally got the rebuilt motor and forks back in the '74 Yamaha for my pops.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #6524
JeffS77
cheap bastard

anybody know a good mortage broker in the OC ?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #6525
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

guess that makes me sweep now
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote