ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #6826
Off Limits
Banned
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
I've noticed that a lot of those FF's who migrated to another Adventure Riding website have been showing up more and more over here again. Guess coffee is not enough..
Well duh. I bet it gets real boring over there with fudge telling all the children to behave and act snobbish and stuck up like good little BMW riders.


So what's up with the full moon rid next weekend? Anyone brave enough to ride up to lake arrowhead in the dark? I got a place we could crash at.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #6827
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Well duh. I bet it gets real boring over there with fudge telling all the children to behave and act snobbish and stuck up like good BIG BMW riders.

fixed


BTW, dual citinzenship is still legal right?
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #6828
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
fixed


BTW, dual citinzenship is still legal right?
Actually, the US government does not allow dual citizenships. They require you to give up your passport if they find out you have a second one from another country, or if you come here from another country and become a citizen of the US you must renounce the other country and hand over your PP. There is a loophole for children born to US citizens abroad.

My wife and daughter both have dual.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #6829
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,323
Hmmm. There are 3 people in my office with both US and Hong Kong passports but I guess that's not technically citinzenship.

So following the logic, since I started on this site, do I have citinzenship on ADV.com and visitors greeen cards on other sites ???? Please don't make me give up my citizenship

Maybe someone can start a traveling visa application process so entry and exit to other sites is closely monitored.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #6830
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
fixed


BTW, dual citinzenship is still legal right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Actually, the US government does not allow dual citizenships. They require you to give up your passport if they find out you have a second one from another country, or if you come here from another country and become a citizen of the US you must renounce the other country and hand over your PP. There is a loophole for children born to US citizens abroad.

My wife and daughter both have dual.

i have dual citizenship (US and Israel)... i was not asked by the US t give up my Israeli passport, same was with my dad when he received his US citizenship...

i think it depend on what is the other citizenship is..
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #6831
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Hmmm. There are 3 people in my office with both US and Hong Kong passports but I guess that's not technically citinzenship.

So following the logic, since I started on this site, do I have citinzenship on ADV.com and visitors greeen cards on other sites ???? Please don't make me give up my citizenship

Maybe someone can start a traveling visa application process so entry and exit to other sites is closely monitored.

__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #6832
Off Limits
Banned
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,266
Are you a spy?


My wife got my kid a citizenship from her home country. Figured it's better for his future if he can work here or the eu.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #6833
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,323
damn, obviosly not a very good one. Can I call myself double "0" 1200


Actually I see myslef more like Switzerland, neutral to all parties, discreet finances, well armed ... you know, like that.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #6834
Off Limits
Banned
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,266
lol i was just kidding, its actually really sad that he needs to keep it so locked up kind of like a control freak like Stalin. he could at least let us read the damn thing lol.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #6835
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
lol i was just kidding, its actually really sad that he needs to keep it so locked up kind of like a control freak like Stalin. he could at least let us read the damn thing lol.

I haven't heard anything about it, other than it exists, kind of. What's it called. I know a guy that can get in, no problem.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #6836
CA Stu
Thanks
 
CA Stu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Riverside, CA
Oddometer: 46,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
I haven't heard anything about it, other than it exists, kind of. What's it called.
IhateRAZR.com
__________________
http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #6837
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
I haven't heard anything about it, other than it exists, kind of. What's it called. I know a guy that can get in, no problem.
And who really cares?



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #6838
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
And who really cares?



.
So true! I was just bored for a few minutes.

See ya in a few hours.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #6839
JeffS77
cheap bastard
 
JeffS77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Riverside , CA
Oddometer: 3,174
any of you guys ever use ancestry.com ? Is It worth the money or is it BS ??

I am trying to find some info on my family .... supposedly both my grand parents had families and left them before they had my dad, uncle and aunt and moved out west.. Really trying to find out who these other "family" members might be as my father has no idea.

looking threw my grand fathers military discharge papers I find it kind of funny. In the Social Security # section it just says "unknown" .. dont think that would fly no a days but obviously he was born pre '36.. I belive at somepoint in the 20's... I am also not 100% sure on his birth date as that seems to bounce around a little. He was also most likely not born in a hospital as they lived in rural PA back then.. So kind of hard to even find out much about him
JeffS77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #6840
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
any of you guys ever use ancestry.com ? Is It worth the money or is it BS ??

I am trying to find some info on my family .... supposedly both my grand parents had families and left them before they had my dad, uncle and aunt and moved out west.. Really trying to find out who these other "family" members might be as my father has no idea.

looking threw my grand fathers military discharge papers I find it kind of funny. In the Social Security # section it just says "unknown" .. dont think that would fly no a days but obviously he was born pre '36.. I belive at somepoint in the 20's... I am also not 100% sure on his birth date as that seems to bounce around a little. He was also most likely not born in a hospital as they lived in rural PA back then.. So kind of hard to even find out much about him
My brother in law has had great luck with them. I was surprised to hear how far back he was able to go. I don't think the missing info is going to really hurt your search. I can give him a call if needed.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014