ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #7036
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis View Post
What's up guys? I don't know ether of you but it seems like your baiting me so what's up?

Jamin, they are just Master baiters. Leave them alone!

Just call me a Troll.

Trolling, trolling, trolling right along here!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #7037
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,142
I decided to adopt a dog this weekend so I headed to the pound Saturday afternoon and met a couple I thought I'd like. It was too late to visit with them outside their kennels so I came back first thing Sunday. It turned out that it wasn't a good fit with any of them so I talked to a gal that worked there and she asked if I would be interested in a Pit Bull. I don't know anything about them other than what I've read and heard so I pretty much ignored them the previous day.

She left and came back with a gray and white pit bull and my first reaction was, "no way". She walked him around the pen a bit then let him off the leash and he was totally cool. He cruised around sniffing and doing dog-like things like any other dog but he had this calm, cool, easy going attitude that I was looking for so we hung out for a while getting to know each other.

At the end of the session, we walked to his kennel where I got to see him interact with other dogs and saw that he wasn't aggressive or timid - just cool. He was also easy to get back into the pen which one of the others wasn't. I decided to adopt him.

Meet my new dog:



I don't think I'm going to keep "Rocco" so I'm trying to come up with a new name. I think something fitting will come up once I spend some real time with him. He's currently waiting to get neutered (CA Law for pound pups) so I don't get to take him home for a few days.
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #7038
jamin_mathis OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
I don't really know if they are trolling or not that is why I asked, maybe no answer is all the answer I'm going to get but I gladly welcome all here so long as you can play nice. Maybe I was way off base but the first post just seemed out of nowhere and tedder I'll be sure to spell more gooder for you from now on. Best of luck guys.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #7039
jamin_mathis OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Nice Duy, I've got a Pit/Lab named Junkyard hands down the best Dog I've ever had. I have lived in some sketchy neighborhoods in Miami/Chicago with him and no one has ever broke in or messed around with my house I'll tell you that much for sure.

I've known many people with Pits and I've never known one that was a aggressive dog just very loyally and eager to please. Some are very smart and very trainable.

Good for you for taking one in I'm sure it will be very rewarding for you both.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #7040
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead View Post
I decided to adopt a dog this weekend so I headed to the pound Saturday afternoon and met a couple I thought I'd like. It was too late to visit with them outside their kennels so I came back first thing Sunday. It turned out that it wasn't a good fit with any of them so I talked to a gal that worked there and she asked if I would be interested in a Pit Bull. I don't know anything about them other than what I've read and heard so I pretty much ignored them the previous day.

She left and came back with a gray and white pit bull and my first reaction was, "no way". She walked him around the pen a bit then let him off the leash and he was totally cool. He cruised around sniffing and doing dog-like things like any other dog but he had this calm, cool, easy going attitude that I was looking for so we hung out for a while getting to know each other.

At the end of the session, we walked to his kennel where I got to see him interact with other dogs and saw that he wasn't aggressive or timid - just cool. He was also easy to get back into the pen which one of the others wasn't. I decided to adopt him.

Meet my new dog:



I don't think I'm going to keep "Rocco" so I'm trying to come up with a new name. I think something fitting will come up once I spend some real time with him. He's currently waiting to get neutered (CA Law for pound pups) so I don't get to take him home for a few days.
Nice find, Duy. I've had a pit mix for almost 13 years and he's been a great dog. Yours looks like quite a mix as well.
Like people, there are good and bad ones.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #7041
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,476
Congrats Duy

Does he already respond to to Rocco?
If so you might want to keep the name similar like "Rocky" perhaps
If not then pick whatever
Cool looking dog though enjoy


Looks like Spirit
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #7042
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,392
Congrats Duy.

My choice if you are changing Rocco, How about Luke as in Cool Hand Luke. You said a couple of times that he was cool!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #7043
tedder
irregular
 
tedder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles (ktown)
Oddometer: 8,797
wonder what scum was on the 10 just now. We exchanged single-finger waves. It was funny when he realized why I was waving that way.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #7044
roundtripping
Adventourist
 
roundtripping's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,702
Or you could always go with "Ron", Duy. He seemed to have a better hand with the wimmin than Rocco. Hedgehoginess and all.
__________________
12 F658GS
13 Honda CRF250L


My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #7045
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
slugdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: better you don't know
Oddometer: 224
hey duy
you gonna get a hack now for barbie?
i'm sure rocco the wonder pup would to go for a spin

cheers
bill
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #7046
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,142
If you guys would have brought that milk crate back from WMRS, problem solved

http://www.doobybrain.com/2009/06/06...e-on-broadway/
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #7047
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
Or you could always go with "Ron", Duy. He seemed to have a better hand with the wimmin than Rocco. Hedgehoginess and all.
It's scary to me how much alike we think. When I saw Rocco, the first thing I thought of was Mr. Stiffredi.
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #7048
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Congrats Duy

Does he already respond to to Rocco?
If so you might want to keep the name similar like "Rocky" perhaps
If not then pick whatever
Cool looking dog though enjoy


Looks like Spirit
No not really. The pound just gave him a name and he didn't really respond to it when I were were calling him that.

He hasn't had his balls snipped off yet so I'm going to go visit him @ the shelter tomorrow since they have extended hours.
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #7049
JG55
Almost Normal
 
JG55's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 143
Good for you Duy.
__________________
2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary
2004 CRF250X
3 Dogs
JG55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #7050
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: LBC, yo.
Oddometer: 351
My cousin had a boxer-pit mix, and she was an awesome dog. Another friend rescued a blue pit recently, and she's a sweetheart as well.
__________________
DIRT BIKES ARE FUN AND INTERESTING
Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014