ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #8041
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Insane driving....think you guys will like this even tho it's not a bike.


WOW... It has everything other than a bike.

I need a life term insurance quote. Any insurance agent in here?
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #8042
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,387
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
WOW... It has everything other than a bike.

I need a life term insurance quote. Any insurance agent in here?
Notmybikemodelname
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #8043
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Notmybikemodelname
We are a commercial lines brokerage, not PL. If you have a jumbo jet, transportation company, vineyard or high tech defense company, we're the ones.

Thanks for the plug though Perry.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #8044
GSequoia
Where are my tools?
 
GSequoia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
We are a commercial lines brokerage, not PL. If you have a jumbo jet...
So if I get a 1200GSA I should talk to you?
__________________
2005 KLR 650 A bit beat up but works just fine. Powered by really angry canaries.
1985 Suzuki GS700E Some assembly required
1977 Cimatti City Bike. What, you call that a build thread? Officially stalled...
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #8045
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
We are a commercial lines brokerage, not PL. If you have a jumbo jet, transportation company, vineyard or high tech defense company, we're the ones.

Thanks for the plug though Perry.
Weird...my biz partner has a vineyard and a high tech defense company....they must come as a packaged deal....
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #8046
loner
explorer
 
loner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Kalifornia
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Weird...my biz partner has a vineyard and a high tech defense company....they must come as a packaged deal....
RS
or
BS
??
Or, I could be wrong.
-----
Above are wrong, but close.
__________________
http://loner.whereamiriding.com

loner screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 07:02 PM
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #8047
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Weird...my biz partner has a vineyard and a high tech defense company....they must come as a packaged deal....
Just our specialties. But funny thing is one of our clients, who by the way, makes missile guidance and the telemetry systems for nuke missile busters, also is part owner in a vineyard in Temecula.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #8048
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
RS
or
BS
??
Or, I could be wrong.
-----
Above are wrong, but close.

RS's eldest son....great guess.....well done....
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #8049
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,376
Round 4 of the Freeway Faceoff is underway... Go Ducks!!!
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #8050
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
Round 4 of the Freeway Faceoff is underway... Go Ducks!!!
Boom!great game
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #8051
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Boom!great game
It was a great game and I look forward to meeting the Kings in the playoffs...
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #8052
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer
 
tuff enuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: St. George, Utah
Oddometer: 298
More business killing BS from CARB

Anybody else get one of these when buying parts online from a California seller?

Dear Customer,

Order# Wxxxxxxx

Thank you for recent purchase.

Due to emissions restrictions enforced by California A.R.B, we need to advise you that the items your intend to purchase may change your vehicle's emissions to be illegal to ride on the highway and intended for use for closed competition only. Please check local vehicle codes regarding vehicle modifications prior to installing any engine, fuel and air emissions modifications to your vehicle.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH “I AGREE or OK” AND the vin number of your vehicle, to acknowledge that the items purchased and installed from Chaparral Motorsports may render my motorcycle no longer emissions legal for the state of California, and if it is no longer emissions legal I will only be using this motorcycle for competition purposes. If I choose to ride it on public highways, I must put it back to California emissions legal.

If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of sale,Please reply to this email with ”I DISAGREE”, and we will need to cancel your order.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we will get your order out as soon as possible.

CHAPARRAL MOTORSPORTS
555 South H Street, San Bernardino CA 92410
800-841-2960
909-884-1302



Another reason to buy out of state - not that I want to hurt the California business - but I don't want my order delayed while we exchange silly emails. California businesses should really push back hard on crap like this.
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #8053
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff enuff View Post
Anybody else get one of these when buying parts online from a California seller?

Dear Customer,

Order# Wxxxxxxx

Thank you for recent purchase.

Due to emissions restrictions enforced by California A.R.B, we need to advise you that the items your intend to purchase may change your vehicle's emissions to be illegal to ride on the highway and intended for use for closed competition only. Please check local vehicle codes regarding vehicle modifications prior to installing any engine, fuel and air emissions modifications to your vehicle.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH “I AGREE or OK” AND the vin number of your vehicle, to acknowledge that the items purchased and installed from Chaparral Motorsports may render my motorcycle no longer emissions legal for the state of California, and if it is no longer emissions legal I will only be using this motorcycle for competition purposes. If I choose to ride it on public highways, I must put it back to California emissions legal.

If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of sale,Please reply to this email with ”I DISAGREE”, and we will need to cancel your order.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we will get your order out as soon as possible.

CHAPARRAL MOTORSPORTS
555 South H Street, San Bernardino CA 92410
800-841-2960
909-884-1302



Another reason to buy out of state - not that I want to hurt the California business - but I don't want my order delayed while we exchange silly emails. California businesses should really push back hard on crap like this.

Why do they want your VIN? Are they going to send the information to CARB?
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #8054
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,807
give em a false VIN.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #8055
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer
 
tuff enuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: St. George, Utah
Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Why do they want your VIN? Are they going to send the information to CARB?
You betcha! They can pick up my 2-stroker when they come for my guns and save a trip
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014