ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #8131
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,071
About 99.9% sure I am gonna pull the trigger on a new bike...really looking at '12 husqvarna te310 ?

Any of you locals own one ? They are priced pretty damn cheap new on the sales floor right now.

I really want something that is plated and I can do some D37 enduros ( C rider) and maybe a GP or two ( Vet Beg.)
I imagine this bike would fit the bill ?
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #8132
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
About 99.9% sure I am gonna pull the trigger on a new bike...really looking at '12 husqvarna te310 ?

Any of you locals own one ? They are priced pretty damn cheap new on the sales floor right now.

I really want something that is plated and I can do some D37 enduros ( C rider) and maybe a GP or two ( Vet Beg.)
You could do a lot worse. Pretty narrow gearbox for dual sport, but otherwise a pretty good bike from the folks that have them.
I have considered the same bike, but only pass it by because my needs are a little different than yours.
My Husky (630) has given me over 8,000 trouble free miles. I think the quality is there since BMW came aboard. Of course, the future of Husky remains to be seen. I don't think there will be any downside to owning the 310 you're considering.
I think Aram has one.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #8133
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,933
Quote:

They are next best thing to KTM350EXC. Just be careful...they break people. Waaaayy fast.

Get 'em while you can. It looks like there may be a lag in production before KTM brings them back online. I'm also very happy with my Husky. Fantastic bike.

Go for it!

I know guy with a '11 or '12 that may be for sale. He was a road rider that got into dirt and he may not be riding it. Let me know if you want me to touch base. You could save $$ on a almost new bike.

Aram loves his. And yes, it did break him. And I was the one that told him to buy it.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #8134
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 345
Quote:

I have an 09 so it's not the same bike in many ways but they both gave the very close transmission. You won't be going on I5 with it. I like mine but its no 450. High revving but still not much low torque. Mine has the 450 bottom end so more oil which is good but more weight too.

After breaking my leg I may put it up for sale since ill be off it for so long and u don't like my bikes to sit.

Wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #8135
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 13,971
KINGS!!!

Nuff said

Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #8136
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
KINGS!!!

Nuff said

luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #8137
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 345
KINGS!!!

yeah pretty surprising actually (to me). great to see.

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #8138
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider View Post
I have an 09 so it's not the same bike in many ways but they both gave the very close transmission. You won't be going on I5 with it. I like mine but its no 450. High revving but still not much low torque. Mine has the 450 bottom end so more oil which is good but more weight too.

After breaking my leg I may put it up for sale since ill be off it for so long and u don't like my bikes to sit.

Wes
Damn I saw your x-ray pics....heal up man

Probably gonna go look at the 449 and maybe the 551 as well.

I am really only looking at going new because I can finance a good portion of it.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #8139
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,695
Damn, Kings... Thanks for the entertainment but you know it ain't gonna kill us to have a little less excitement for a few games

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #8140
dunerat
WTF?

KINGS!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #8141
dunerat
WTF?

The ultimate "O" face on her

Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #8142
JeffS77
cheap bastard

anybody got any recomendations on Disibilty Insurance ?

I am looking to get some quotes. I cant risk being without income and need something to suplement my income should I get hurt.

Aflac ?
Metlife ?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #8143
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,933
Quote:
anybody got any recomendations on Disibilty Insurance ?

I am looking to get some quotes. I cant risk being without income and need something to suplement my income should I get hurt.

Aflac ?
Metlife ?
Connecticut Mutual
Liberty Mutual
Lutheran Mutual
New York Life
Or any of the many life insurance companies.Perhaps you have an agent already.

It's very expensive, especially at longer terms. It's common to find this type of policy with high wage earners and key-man employees or partners. Perhaps if you're in this type of position your employer will pay or contribute to premiums.

Make sure you have sufficient life insurance first. Traditionally, enough to cover all of your debt. Something that becomes an investment or retirement tool is recommended if you can afford it. At least so that at some point dividends pay the premiums, and coverage for life. Cheap term insurance is all many can afford. When the term is up the insurance ends. However they can be written with guaranteed insurability (no medical) and a way to convert it to something more long term, whole life, universal, etc. Again, your agent can explain all the various types, and pros and cons.

I was recruited to sell by several companies when I was in my 20's. Too many nights and weekends so I passed. Gee, perhaps I'd be retired now instead of slated to work 'till I'm 70.

I had a disability policy back some 30 years ago for a few years but have not since. There are clauses for partial and full, when it starts, how much it pays, and how long it lasts. The more coverage the more it costs. Your agent can explain in detail.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #8144
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Connecticut Mutual
Liberty Mutual
Lutheran Mutual
New York Life
Or any of the many life insurance companies.Perhaps you have an agent already.

It's very expensive, especially at longer terms. It's common to find this type of policy with high wage earners and key-man employees or partners. Perhaps if you're in this type of position your employer will pay or contribute to premiums.

Make sure you have sufficient life insurance first. Traditionally, enough to cover all of your debt. Something that becomes an investment or retirement tool is recommended if you can afford it. At least so that at some point dividends pay the premiums, and coverage for life. Cheap term insurance is all many can afford. When the term is up the insurance ends. However they can be written with guaranteed insurability (no medical) and a way to convert it to something more long term, whole life, universal, etc. Again, your agent can explain all the various types, and pros and cons.

I was recruited to sell by several companies when I was in my 20's. Too many nights and weekends so I passed. Gee, perhaps I'd be retired now instead of slated to work 'till I'm 70.

I had a disability policy back some 30 years ago for a few years but have not since. There are clauses for partial and full, when it starts, how much it pays, and how long it lasts. The more coverage the more it costs. Your agent can explain in detail.
Browneye, you're talking about AD&D corp officer policies. These only benefit the employing company and are only open to corporate officers. We carry one on our officers and owners.

There are actually plenty of disability and income replacement programs out there that are affordable for most anyone, due to the fact that they are based on your income, not a set benefit limit. This is wholly different from health/life insurance which has nothing to do with income replacement. Traditonally, it is the norm to carry 3-5 times yearly earnings for LI, and if young and healthy enough you would carry Whole or Universal life as an investment tool as most forms have a govenrment guaranteed 4% return on your investment. Older dudes, should just carry term life as for most mid income earners, UL or whole is out of the realm of affordability and unwarranted as the initial build up would take too may years to recoup and start building on.

I have a few brokers who handle this type of stuff over here. Jeff, if you want to speak to one of my people, shoot me a PM.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #8145
Buster714
instant human

Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
They are next best thing to KTM350EXC. Just be careful...they break people. Waaaayy fast.

Get 'em while you can. It looks like there may be a lag in production before KTM brings them back online. I'm also very happy with my Husky. Fantastic bike.

Go for it!

I know guy with a '11 or '12 that may be for sale. He was a road rider that got into dirt and he may not be riding it. Let me know if you want me to touch base. You could save $$ on a almost new bike.

Aram loves his. And yes, it did break him. And I was the one that told him to buy it.
Take note forumites: I DON'T BREAK. And yes, it's all your fault Brownie, just like I have you to blame for the economy and my diarrhea.

It's not the bike. It's a personality flaw. That thing gave me so much confidence I had to keep pushing. Great bike.
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote