User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
mminob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Supermoto Hooligin for Fun...

Great bike to improve your corner speed skills at the track...Try doing some trackdays at a kart track or smaller road course with twisty tight stuff...This bike has to be ridden hard to really understand it's potential as one of the funnest street bikes ever sold...Congradulations and I really want a Duke 690 R...
Attached Images

mminob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mminob View Post
Great bike to improve your corner speed skills at the track...Try doing some trackdays at a kart track or smaller road course with twisty tight stuff...This bike has to be ridden hard to really understand it's potential as one of the funnest street bikes ever sold...Congradulations and I really want a Duke 690 R...
I had a Duke II, and did several trackdays with it. Nothing like passing the bigger bikes on the outside - as long as you could hold them off for a straight section.

I'd love a 690R also, but I just checked again, and KTM doesn't even list the regular 690 anymore......
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
I had a Duke II, and did several trackdays with it. Nothing like passing the bigger bikes on the outside - as long as you could hold them off for a straight section.

I'd love a 690R also, but I just checked again, and KTM doesn't even list the regular 690 anymore......
Why am I always attracted to the unobtanium?

'09 Tuono
x- '05 Ducati ST3 stolen
x- '04 Tiger sold
x- '02 Daytona sold
x- '99 Sprint ST RIP
x- '95 Sprint RIP
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotogear View Post
Why am I always attracted to the unobtanium?
Action Motorsports in Decatur has one for sale. Edit, it's a regular 690 Duke.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
Damo108
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New 2010 Duke, on its way home!!!

Greetings all,
I recently purchase a new 2010 Duke 690, all black and I am expecting delivery this coming week. I discovered this review months ago and it solidified my choice and confirmed what I new all along...I had found what I had been looking for after years of searching.
Something slick, tough, raw and powerful gracefully balanced in a machine. Funny, I originally discovered the duke as a toy my 5 year old brought home from Wally World over a year ago. I still have the little 1/38 scale Duke 690 and it served as a great little tool as I day dreamed every day of when I would get a chance to try one out. Finally last fall 2011, I had an opportunity to test ride one and I loved it!! Started saving up and found a great deal out of Pennsylvania. And now my Duke is on its way here as I type, I am exrtemely excited.
I grew up riding dirt bikes as a kid and teenager and trotted around town in high school on little Yamaha 250 cc street bike out of the 80's. Been mainly a summer rider through the years, catching a few long riding weekends with my dad on his HD and Honda from time to time. Now I am getn some wheels of my own, more my flavor, needless to say its going to be a great summer here in Houston, TX as I plan to spin out some miles breaking in my new road mustang!

Terrytori, how has the Duke treated you, assuming you still have one, be cool to get an update.

Your Ever Well Wisher,
Damo
Damo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #21
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Both my brother & my son have 690 Duke's and I've been having bike envy. Especially when I'm trying to keep up on mountain roads.

Son decided to sell his, since it's not much of a two up bike. I knew there was a reason we put the Leo Vince can, CRG Levers, and the Orange Giant Loop tank bag on it. He's bring it up to the mountains in a couple of weeks and dad's going to help him out by taking it off his hands.

Don't know where I'm going to store it; but, sacrifices must be made sometimes. Guess the riding mower is going to be sitting under a tarp. Will post a picture of the bike on the Cherohala Skyway in a couple weeks.

minimike
Old 06-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,093
A new to you 690 Duke, in the hills and roads of Tennessee, almost sounds like cheating to me...

Sourced a 61 Duo Glide, out of the Tri City area in early eighties,
from a wonderful gentleman and the local riding looked to die for !

Congratulations !

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
HyperPete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753

aah, mind ticking away...KTM appear to have brought only a few of these into Oz, i love the white one (current model)

took one for a very short ride recently, the deal didnt go ahead for silly reasons, but this report confirms what i thought it would be like, so nice of you to rekindle a dream in me.
.. I am now feeling old and mature and pondering between this lovely toy and the new Ninja 1000...come spring time could be fun time...

Great review/report by the way!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #24
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Raining today. Going to web surf for 690 Duke farkles.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #25
HyperPete
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post

aah, mind ticking away...KTM appear to have brought only a few of these into Oz, i love the white one (current model)

took one for a very short ride recently, the deal didnt go ahead for silly reasons, but this report confirms what i thought it would be like, so nice of you to rekindle a dream in me.
.. I am now feeling old and mature and pondering between this lovely toy and the new Ninja 1000...come spring time could be fun time...

Great review/report by the way!

Just editing the above mentioned dream...

I've secured a new White 2012 model today, gotta travel a few miles to get it (only 250), but...most likely pick it up NEXT weekend, so much for a mature desicion to wait for spring time ,we're about to get into the middle of winter here, but..its riding weather year round most of the time...and, I'm only 1 KM from the best road in Oz, the Oxley Highway, think that would get me back in the mood and running in the new baby

I'm thrilled, cant wait

(pic borrowed from google, thanks)
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #26
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Post some pics when you get your new ride!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #27
tobyyarwood
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Please don't call Oscar Wilde a paedophile

Please don't call Oscar Wilde a paedophile, he was in love with a young man. A paedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children!
tobyyarwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #28
Terrytori OP
Namaste

Oddometer: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo108 View Post

Terrytori, how has the Duke treated you, assuming you still have one, be cool to get an update.

Damon... the Duke treated me just fine until I had hernia surgery and had a big hunk o' Teflon mesh stapled
onto my mid section. After that, slinging a leg over it was... well... Uncomfortable.

I offed it, and got another Sporty to work on.

Question is... Would I now buy another?

I think it's the scooter equivalent of a Lotus Exige... Scalpel sharp, and riotous fun... for an hour/ 90 minutes.

Although seemingly light years apart, I would seriously consider a WR 250 X, instead. Nowhere near the grunt but
same giggle factor in the kinky bits and a whole lot less demanding on a daily basis. I've logged lots of miles on that Yammie and think it wonderful.

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #29
HyperPete
Studly Adventurer

new baby arrived this weekend!

Picked it up Saturday afternoon, did 300 of the 450km home, saving the fun bits for Sunday, getting down to minus 4c added to the need to enjoy a warm country club over night stay

Talk about fun! fits me very well, great handing, comes with Pilot Powers, the throttle mode is good for cruising and endless twisters..only 500km, so far I'm impressed
Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #30
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,562
I hope it's better then the old model, since they screwed up
the looks (subjective stuff, I know), I hope they made it ride
better at least.

Not that it needed to be better or anything, it's an amazing
bike even in the old edition.

I'd just want to see how the 690cc engine goes compared to
the 650cc in the old bike.

..and if I could afford a used 690R.. omg..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote