Great RR!

Best of luck in the future, and start planning your next trip

Lance
themobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #47
Coloradical
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
Great report. I can only hope that my upcoming honeymoon will be as good. My fiancee recently got a F650GS and we are taking a motorcycle trip. After riding on the back for a few years we'll be taking our first long trip riding separate (but together).
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #48
jadedillusion OP
Adventure Wife

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradical
Great report. I can only hope that my upcoming honeymoon will be as good. My fiancee recently got a F650GS and we are taking a motorcycle trip. After riding on the back for a few years we'll be taking our first long trip riding separate (but together).
We're working up to that. I'm looking for a used 650GS myself. Hopefully our next trip will be on separate bikes. My current bike (Street Triple) isn't dirt worthy.

Good luck, and I'll be looking out for your ride report!
jadedillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #49
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,648
woo hoo!

Congratulations! What a great honeymoon!

Being married is the best (I'm completely serious - no sarcasm here!) and you guys are off to a wonderful start.
Best wishes for a lifetime of fun and adventure - together!

kelly
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #50
shortbusrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
moab

KTM adventure rally is in Moab in October 15-17, might be a good time to get back there.
shortbusrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #51
kfcz400
dirt track maniac

Oddometer: 235
great ride report, beautiful area, been there but haven't done that!!
kfcz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #52
jadedillusion OP
Adventure Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red J
I think we saw you guys near Montezuma Creek on Saturday.

Red VFR and then a blue V-Strom.

Lovely report.
We remember passing you. We were totally bummed to be going south. How about that pleasant breeze? A joy to ride through huh?

Blog: Tales from the Adventure Wife

Old 05-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #53
Bronco3738
Mike

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan
Congratulations! What a great honeymoon!

Being married is the best (I'm completely serious - no sarcasm here!) and you guys are off to a wonderful start.
Best wishes for a lifetime of fun and adventure - together!

kelly
Hi Kelly, thanks. I was wondering if you would see this report. I appreciate you sharing your passenger opinions on the 950. Guess you figured out we got rid of the GSA and moved to the 990. We actually find the 990 more comfortable, and the 990 is way more fun. When/where is your next trip? Gonna tackle the TAT again?

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:58 AM   #54
Red J
Member.

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedillusion
We remember passing you. We were totally bummed to be going south. How about that pleasant breeze? A joy to ride through huh?
It was definitely more pleasant the outbound leg than the return one. We're from KS so we're used to it mostly. For me, the memory of the wind fades the fastest and the good memories rise to the top.

Looks to me that you guys are starting out on some good memories.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #55
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738
Hi Kelly, thanks. I was wondering if you would see this report. I appreciate you sharing your passenger opinions on the 950. Guess you figured out we got rid of the GSA and moved to the 990. We actually find the 990 more comfortable, and the 990 is way more fun. When/where is your next trip? Gonna tackle the TAT again?
Oh, I was thrilled to see that you got a 990! And with a Renazco seat, no less I'm sure the 3 of you will be very happy together...

You guys should consider Colorado for your next trip - it's totally different than Moab, but just as beautiful and fun. Maybe Amanda would enjoy 2 up riding in the rocks more than 2 up in the sand and silt of UT?

Yep, we're working on a dirt ride for this summer . We have an awfully long list of things we want to cover, including TAT west, so we'll see how it pans out...but, after reading this, I think UT and the White Rim Trail are a definite "YES."
Thanks for the inspiring pics!

I'll be keeping an eye out for future reports from you two...
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #56
nomad guy
nonaffiliated

Oddometer: 784
i have seen you guys leaving the moab brewery, and it seems that next trip you shouldn't forget sunscreen .
great trip.
cheers
guy
nomad guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #57
jadedillusion OP
Adventure Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad guy
i have seen you guys leaving the moab brewery, and it seems that next trip you shouldn't forget sunscreen .
great trip.
cheers
guy
He was a bit pink wasn't he? I kept my face shield down most of the time, so I wasn't quite as pink. He rides a CRF450 for a living (literally, no joke), and I am constantly on him to remember sun screen. We're not good at remembering that.

Blog: Tales from the Adventure Wife

Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #58
Bronco3738
Mike

Colorado was our initial destination. I was using your ride report (and others of Colorado) as places I wanted to see. But as the date of the trip got closer the weather in Colorado was still too cold to us, so we diverted our plans to Moab. We really loved Moab, and we only scratched the surface. There was so many more places we wanted to check out, but we just didn't have the time.

Funny you mention sand, there was only a few sections of sand we hit during our rides. There was really only bad at the one section where you cross the wash heading towards Hard Scramble Hill. Of course that was where I dropped the bike, but at least it was the softest place in the whole area to land.

White Rim Trail, we want to go back! The way the guide book breaks it out we did the Potash Rd. and Shafer Switchbacks. Then we got on the White Rim Trail running it counter clockwise. We didn't finish the whole thing, but got just enough of a taste to want to go back. From looking at your TAT report you would love the WRT. Make sure you have your passes first if you go in this way. There is no office till you reach the top of the Switchbacks and get on the road. We got a yearly pass at the Grand Canyon, so no worries.

The guys a Renazco saved our trip. The stock seat was nice, but there was no way we could have spent the time in the saddle we did without the Renazco seat. We didn't necessarily cover a lot of miles but we did a lot of "Tourist driving" driving slow, enjoying the scenery pulling into every lookout, etc. We basicly spent the whole time on the bike. After a few hours the stock seat made my backside hurt.

Honeymoon Ride Report

Bronco3738 screwed with this post 05-25-2010 at 10:31 AM
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #59
Bronco3738
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad guy
great trip.
cheers
guy
Bright pink, I think it's my natural color . Next time stop us, we always like talking to other ADVriders . Meeting new people is half the fun.

Honeymoon Ride Report

Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #60
nomad guy
nonaffiliated

Oddometer: 784
it was exciting for us, as it was the first ktm we saw in about a week of traveling in utah...we did see hundreds of h.d, but they don't count, do they?
cheers
guy
nomad guy is offline   Reply With Quote