ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #16
K2m
....58....
 
K2m's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,242
Luv it.................

If I had a standard carb set up...... I would grab one. Well done!
__________________
The News, those who are trying to control what we think, do not want us to see.
http://www.presstv.ir/live.html So good the British Gov. Banned it !!!
http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #17
mookymoo
Mookish Mook
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Either UK or Australia ...
Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon


Now it says you won't fit on the SE! "I won't fit on the SE" - you a short arse or something
Those Canadians are pretty small... French genes...
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
950TRANSALP
Studly Adventurer
 
950TRANSALP's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jackson , Wyoming
Oddometer: 794
Cool2 Oh I see

Umm thanks

I have followed these bikes since '01 , and have lusted after the race K+N set up since day 1 , sorry I just didn't understand your details .
I am quite happy with my UNI and DNA set up , just thought yours looked good .
__________________
"The more you drive the less intelligent you are !"
Repo Man - 1984

950TRANSALP screwed with this post 05-21-2010 at 09:03 PM
950TRANSALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #19
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 950TRANSALP
Umm thanks

I have followed these bikes since '01 , and have lusted after the race K+N set up since day 1 , sorry I just didn't understand your details .
I am quite happy with my UNI and DNA set up , just thought yours looked good .
Each to their own. My experience with a Uni is not great, I clogged one solid in a day once and for me that's unacceptable, hence why I designed this. Also, you cannot run stock jetting with the Uni as they are too restrictive, with this set up you just install and go.

For those that do want a set up like this, I have simply made them available and given them the option.

Pyn
__________________
Pyn
Currently on www.racestoplaces.com
www.lyndonposkittracing.com or you can also look me up on Facebook or Twitter.
My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
950TRANSALP
Studly Adventurer
 
950TRANSALP's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jackson , Wyoming
Oddometer: 794
Question Can one

change the filter charger cover by just opening the glove box ?

Any pics with the tanks and glovebox installed , please .

Thanks !
__________________
"The more you drive the less intelligent you are !"
Repo Man - 1984
950TRANSALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,415
You can but it's not easy. If you just remove the seat and the plastic surround (6 screws) its easier and yes, you can change it. No need to remove tanks.

__________________
Pyn
Currently on www.racestoplaces.com
www.lyndonposkittracing.com or you can also look me up on Facebook or Twitter.
My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #22
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Hi Lyndon you're more than welcome to try it on my 990. You just have to come visit!! I'll even let you flog it around for a bit
Flights are booked...see you soon
__________________
Pyn
Currently on www.racestoplaces.com
www.lyndonposkittracing.com or you can also look me up on Facebook or Twitter.
My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #23
Wings
marmaduked
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 14,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon
Flights are booked...see you soon
Really? Sweet!!!!!!!
__________________

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Really? Sweet!!!!!!!
__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #25
mookymoo
Mookish Mook
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Either UK or Australia ...
Oddometer: 4,370
Wicked




Thanks Pyn.
Very nicely put together package.
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #26
shep532
Still a novice !!
 
shep532's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Rossendale, Lancs
Oddometer: 470
Fitted mine on my 990

I fitted the pre-filter kit to my 990 Adventure today.
Really well designed kit. I can confirm it fits the 990 with no real issues. there is a sensor that need relocating but apart from that no problems.
Here's the finished item

Here's the sensor that has to be relocated (I think this does air temp in the airbox)

Here it is in it's new home - slightly forward and over to one side

And his my rather roughly made blanking plate for the old location

And a few more pics for good measure


BEFORE MODIFICATION

AFTER MODIFICATION


This is why the sensor has to be relocated - it's right where the filter needs to be


Overall the kit was realtively easy to fit. Now it's on their it looks like it belongs. Loss of the storage box isn't too bad. If this keeps the main air filter clean as it should then costs will soon be clawed back in savings on air filters.
Highly recommended - THANKS PYNDON
Pete
shep532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #27
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 833
Nice right up shep532! Where did you relocate the sensor to?

Pyndon,

Is there anyway to include a sensor cover plate in your kit for us 990 owners?

Yes, I know I'm being lazy .
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep532
I fitted the pre-filter kit to my 990 Adventure today.
Really well designed kit. I can confirm it fits the 990 with no real issues. there is a sensor that need relocating but apart from that no problems.
Here's the finished item

Here's the sensor that has to be relocated (I think this does air temp in the airbox)

Here it is in it's new home - slightly forward and over to one side

And his my rather roughly made blanking plate for the old location

And a few more pics for good measure


BEFORE MODIFICATION

AFTER MODIFICATION


This is why the sensor has to be relocated - it's right where the filter needs to be


Overall the kit was realtively easy to fit. Now it's on their it looks like it belongs. Loss of the storage box isn't too bad. If this keeps the main air filter clean as it should then costs will soon be clawed back in savings on air filters.
Highly recommended - THANKS PYNDON
Pete
Nevermind I see it in this picture.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #29
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D
Pyndon,

Is there anyway to include a sensor cover plate in your kit for us 990 owners?

Yes, I know I'm being lazy .
I can do, but first you need to order a kit

Pyn
__________________
Pyn
Currently on www.racestoplaces.com
www.lyndonposkittracing.com or you can also look me up on Facebook or Twitter.
My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #30
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon
I can do, but first you need to order a kit

Pyn
Will do! Let me tie up some other loose ends (bills) and I will place an order in the near future.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014