ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #31
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
More clues?
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
French
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Clues

The highway it's on does not leave the boundaries of the tag area. It starts and ends on 85.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #34
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
I'm too busy right now to go get it, but I've seen it many times.
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #35
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer

I can only find one candidate road but it doesn't quite end on 85 on the north side. Kind of goes a little past it into the town on the other side of 85. Am I on the right track? If I am then I'd need a little more to go on because that loop is 125 miles long and I'm kind of near the middle of it...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #36
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead
I can only find one candidate road but it doesn't quite end on 85 on the north side. Kind of goes a little past it into the town on the other side of 85. Am I on the right track? If I am then I'd need a little more to go on because that loop is 125 miles long and I'm kind of near the middle of it...
On the right track? I can confirm that the road it is on does touch I-85 in two areas.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #37
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry, I guess I'm slow but I'm stumped. I found a candidate road but it's quite long. I tried using the original clue to narrow it down further then poked around on street view but couldn't find it...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
French
Adventurer

I checked the street view too and the bears aren't there. If you're in the middle of the 125 miles you are close. If you junction 178 you could spit that far.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #39
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by French
I checked the street view too and the bears aren't there. If you're in the middle of the 125 miles you are close. If you junction 178 you could spit that far.
You're right, the bears are gone, in fact it looks like it's closed up for business on my street view.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #40
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagmaster
You're right, the bears are gone, in fact it looks like it's closed up for business on my street view.
Or could it be new since Google Earth came by? It is just out of reach for me this weekend, so if it is still there after the weekend....
Old 05-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #41
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in sc
Or could it be new since Google Earth came by? It is just out of reach for me this weekend, so if it is still there after the weekend....
Could be, as we don't know how long he's had that tag pic on file. If I didn't have to attend a poker run in Simpsonville today my club is sponsoring I'd go check it out as it's not that far from my brother's house. Well, maybe another 15 miles past his house but whose's counting.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #42
French
Adventurer

The bears are at the tag now. I actually took the picture on the way home from grabbing the earlier tag. I was curious to see if it was on street view and it wasn't (just the bears in front of the little store) I went up to Deals Gap and ended up with 410 miles on the clock. I didn't think I was risking losing the tag on a Wednesday. My phone battery was so dead that I almost couldn't get one more picture out of it. All in all it was a fun day and a great day for a ride. There were 50 or 60 bikes at the dragon and 15 or 20 cars. With the road blocked in TN you can at least ride without the worry of big rigs taking up two lanes.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #43
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by French
My phone battery was so dead that I almost couldn't get one more picture out of it. All in all it was a fun day and a great day for a ride. There were 50 or 60 bikes at the dragon and 15 or 20 cars. With the road blocked in TN you can at least ride without the worry of big rigs taking up two lanes.
Do you have any outlets on your bike, like for a battery tender? I had Jim from Eastern Beaver make me a cord; Sae connector (like on the battery tender) to a Cig. Lighter plug. This way I can take my phone, the DC charger cable, and the adapter from Eastern Beaver. If my phone goes dead I can charge if off the bike.

This is some of the products, but what I have is not shown (he can custom make any way you want it).
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El.../adaptors.html
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #44
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,886
I posted this in the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=7
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #45
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
I posted this in the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=7
Took a look at that post, makes good sense to me. I can go for that.

Another thought that comes to mind is that if you go into another tag area to steal a tag, keep it in it's area when you post the new tag. Don't want to start conflicts where none are needed.