ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #31
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 109
More clues?
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
Land
Wanderer
 
Land's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 3,828


Chris
__________________
I'm not lost. I'm explorin'.
"My dream is to live my life as best I can before I die, even if it kills me." -- Mr. Cob
"If you're on ADV and you're still anonymous, you're doing it wrong." -- Boondoggle
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
French
Adventurer
 
French's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Oddometer: 99
Clues

The highway it's on does not leave the boundaries of the tag area. It starts and ends on 85.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #34
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 935
I'm too busy right now to go get it, but I've seen it many times.
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #35
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 109
I can only find one candidate road but it doesn't quite end on 85 on the north side. Kind of goes a little past it into the town on the other side of 85. Am I on the right track? If I am then I'd need a little more to go on because that loop is 125 miles long and I'm kind of near the middle of it...
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #36
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead
I can only find one candidate road but it doesn't quite end on 85 on the north side. Kind of goes a little past it into the town on the other side of 85. Am I on the right track? If I am then I'd need a little more to go on because that loop is 125 miles long and I'm kind of near the middle of it...
On the right track? I can confirm that the road it is on does touch I-85 in two areas.
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #37
PropellerHead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 109
Sorry, I guess I'm slow but I'm stumped. I found a candidate road but it's quite long. I tried using the original clue to narrow it down further then poked around on street view but couldn't find it...
PropellerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
French
Adventurer
 
French's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Oddometer: 99
I checked the street view too and the bears aren't there. If you're in the middle of the 125 miles you are close. If you junction 178 you could spit that far.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #39
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW South Carolina
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by French
I checked the street view too and the bears aren't there. If you're in the middle of the 125 miles you are close. If you junction 178 you could spit that far.
You're right, the bears are gone, in fact it looks like it's closed up for business on my street view.
__________________
Too many roads to ride, no time to watch paint dry!!
Bagmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #40
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagmaster
You're right, the bears are gone, in fact it looks like it's closed up for business on my street view.
Or could it be new since Google Earth came by? It is just out of reach for me this weekend, so if it is still there after the weekend....
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #41
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW South Carolina
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in sc
Or could it be new since Google Earth came by? It is just out of reach for me this weekend, so if it is still there after the weekend....
Could be, as we don't know how long he's had that tag pic on file. If I didn't have to attend a poker run in Simpsonville today my club is sponsoring I'd go check it out as it's not that far from my brother's house. Well, maybe another 15 miles past his house but whose's counting.
__________________
Too many roads to ride, no time to watch paint dry!!
Bagmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #42
French
Adventurer
 
French's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Oddometer: 99
The bears are at the tag now. I actually took the picture on the way home from grabbing the earlier tag. I was curious to see if it was on street view and it wasn't (just the bears in front of the little store) I went up to Deals Gap and ended up with 410 miles on the clock. I didn't think I was risking losing the tag on a Wednesday. My phone battery was so dead that I almost couldn't get one more picture out of it. All in all it was a fun day and a great day for a ride. There were 50 or 60 bikes at the dragon and 15 or 20 cars. With the road blocked in TN you can at least ride without the worry of big rigs taking up two lanes.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #43
hojo in sc
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by French
My phone battery was so dead that I almost couldn't get one more picture out of it. All in all it was a fun day and a great day for a ride. There were 50 or 60 bikes at the dragon and 15 or 20 cars. With the road blocked in TN you can at least ride without the worry of big rigs taking up two lanes.
Do you have any outlets on your bike, like for a battery tender? I had Jim from Eastern Beaver make me a cord; Sae connector (like on the battery tender) to a Cig. Lighter plug. This way I can take my phone, the DC charger cable, and the adapter from Eastern Beaver. If my phone goes dead I can charge if off the bike.

This is some of the products, but what I have is not shown (he can custom make any way you want it).
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El.../adaptors.html
hojo in sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #44
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti
 
caycek5's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Cola-town, South Kackalacky
Oddometer: 1,886
I posted this in the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=7
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #45
Bagmaster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW South Carolina
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
I posted this in the SC Midlands Tag-o-rama. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=7
Took a look at that post, makes good sense to me. I can go for that.

Another thought that comes to mind is that if you go into another tag area to steal a tag, keep it in it's area when you post the new tag. Don't want to start conflicts where none are needed.
__________________
Too many roads to ride, no time to watch paint dry!!
Bagmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014