ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #226
fox102
BORIKEN

Oddometer: 631
Chris..Geffert...info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
Is that the new slang "My keyboard"? Across that could be impressive. We'll have Bedazzled "flame" with you as part of his rehab after his "dodge ball" incident.

Hey guys..just wanted to let you know that he is doing well and okay....

Has anyone heard if he is doing alright since his surgery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
He had to go under the knife for a dodge ball injury. Did he get hit with a wrench or something???
He had to have surgery. He had a spiral fracture of his right arm, just above his elbow. Has a plate about 10 in. long and some 11 screws. The story goes that he was playing, fell, and walked it off. Later while trying to throw faster than a human can, he and everyone else heard a shotgun type of noise, and his arm just went dead. he could not bend at the elbow, at was just flailing at his side.

ps....as a friend, and I will take heat for this, but the beddazzle crap, needs to be burried.....some of us are more sensitive than others.....anyways....he will not be on his bike for atleast 3 months, maybe more....

later...

1996 BMW R1100RT
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)
fox102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #227
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Ouch! Heal up quickly Chris!

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #228
Land OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
Ouch! Heal up quickly Chris!
+1
And that x-ray may give me nightmares.

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #229
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
That break looks brutal. I think I can speek for us in the Pee Dee and most likley everyone else we have been worried about him since we heard about the injury. We are looking forward to seeing him at the next get together.
I would think with a break in that location he needs to be vey careful for a long time after.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #230
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land View Post
+1
And that x-ray may give me nightmares.

Chris
Mee too!

From one Chris quoting another Chris to Chris... Get well soon buddy.

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #231
jogus

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRider View Post
Mee too!

From one Chris quoting another Chris to Chris... Get well soon buddy.
Thanks for the concern guys. It has been a tough recovery so far. The majority of the bruising has gone down which is good, although there is still a good bit of edema. Some days are just better than others.

Thanks Jose for being so supportive.

-Chris
jogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #232
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,886
I hope you heal up proper. I'll quit calling you Bedazzled, at least until you're riding again. You know your ADV family will still be here.

I say if you are able to get out and about and you want I vote we have the state lunch in Charleston so you can come.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #233
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
I say if you are able to get out and about and you want I vote we have the state lunch in Charleston so you can come.
+1, awe that was an awfully nice recommendation Ryan.

Whet the hell is edema? Sounds like an STD. Can you get one of those by breaking your arm??

店や差わはら

Hope you get to feeling better and the edema clears up. I'm just around the corner if you need anything. No, I'm not doing yard work.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #234
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogus View Post
Thanks for the concern guys. It has been a tough recovery so far. The majority of the bruising has gone down which is good, although there is still a good bit of edema. Some days are just better than others.

Thanks Jose for being so supportive.

-Chris
Chris, Glad it is healing up. I broke both of my arms, one then the other six weeks after getting the first cast off the first one, when I was 10 and it really is the pits. Good luck and let us know if you need anything, maybe another steak from The Kintyre House in Dillon?

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #235
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Edema is the swelling you get arround a wound. Caused by damaged tissue. Mostly made up of lymph(clear) fluid and blood. Secondary circulatory system. Will eventualy go down as reabsorbed by the body. Keep up the fluid intake.
Jacks cosmic dogs they have a veg. Dog that is good, no it dosent taste like a hot dog. Best fries.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #236
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
Edema is the swelling you get arround a wound. Caused by damaged tissue. Mostly made up of lymph(clear) fluid and blood. Secondary circulatory system. Will eventualy go down as reabsorbed by the body. Keep up the fluid intake.
Jacks cosmic dogs they have a veg. Dog that is good, no it dosent taste like a hot dog. Best fries.
Hmmmmm..... I wonder if I can use that word (EDEMA) at my job...

Jacks dogs sounds good to me but I vote that Jogus picks. Are we on the wrong thread for this.

Back to the bitching thread I guess.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #237
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,296
Hey PeeDeeRider- you OK up there? I saw on the news where that fertilizer factory burned.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #238
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
Hey PeeDeeRider- you OK up there? I saw on the news where that fertilizer factory burned.
Oh yeah, we're OK here at my house. I did drive through a few miles of haze/smoke this morning. Thanks for asking.

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #239
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Argh, this rain sucks. I was planning to go grab this in the morning, but my bike choices are too limited this time around. My big, scared, fall-prone bike will slip and slide too much in any slick grass, and is pretty heavy to pick up (not something I wish to do in mud or wet grass). My light and somewhat stinky bike doesn't like long treks. So unless I came up with one of those Goldwing-like trailering setups for my Bandit to pull my XT, this tag will remain ungrabbed by this fat bloke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRider View Post
That's crazy. Clarendon is much more lowcountry than Florence county. So here is the new tag. (Recycled from the state game.)

This is on the west side of the Great Pee Dee River just east of Florence. The bridge is Hwy 76 and this is the East-Bound side. View to the river. It is about 1/4 mile from the Hwy to this spot and can get quite sloppy... so if it is not "ride-able" I would accept a pic from as far as you can go as long as you show mud on your bike.

Note: (Quoting scooterGdawg) Not a suited grab for big GS bikes that tend to fall or scared to get dirty :-)

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #240
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Grab!

Grab as close as I can get. If you look just in front of the bike, that is current flowing!

Hwy 76 Bridge on western side facing east at the Pee Dee River between Florence and Marion, SC.

Now I'm enjoying lunch with RicePaddy!

Here is the new Tag! Look familiar??

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote