ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #751
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR-Sam View Post
Thank you for the invitation Caycek5. I saw the state lunch thread, and as much as I would love to go, I have to work every Saturday (Oh the joy of retail). I'd like to see if I can make one of the dinners sometime, as it sounds like a lot of fun. So far the majority of my riding has been solo, with an occasional outing with a friend who rides a ninja 250 (also a fairly new rider).

- Sam
Howdy Sam! Welcome to the Madness.

If you are looking for other TAG games and want to ride a little bit of dirt, the North American Tag, Eggy®, is currently close by and hoping someone rescues him from the heat. Hope to see you at the next Ride To Lunch at Weston's place next weekend.

ETA: Scratch that about Eggy being in play, he was just picked up today. Keep an eye out though.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800

kg4lho screwed with this post 07-28-2011 at 07:56 PM
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #752
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,875
Quote:
I was reading some other tag games, and is it a common courtesy to announce going for a particular tag?
No. Why would you want to ruin the surprise of brucing someone?
I've gone to a number of tags and met another inmate there. I met fox102, who is from the low country at an old bridge in Edgefield county. There have also been tags where several of us were there within minutes of each other and never saw anyone else.

Wandering is good riding as well. I think I'll probably be doing some of that soon.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #753
ki4idb
V Strom Rider

Oddometer: 273
No people don't usually announce before going and if I would not have checked before leaving you would have "Bruced" me.

Bike:
'07 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
'07 Honda Shadow VT750DC (Totaled)
ki4idb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #754
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I'm glad Brucing is just part of the game. Honestly, I'm just happy to be out on two wheels! I picked up my new KLR last Thursday after more than a decade of not riding. I was tempted by the stylings of the sportbikes, but I thought about my little tiny 75cc Yamaha I rode back in high school. The little things I loved about that motorcycle made my decision for an affordable dual-sport. I remember the freedom, and taking that thing EVERYWHERE. I lived in Sumter, so it took me through dirt roads, random trails, open fields... basically anywhere I would dare try to ride. Needless to say, in exactly one week, I've already logged 496 miles . All under 4k rpm for the break-in process. At 500 miles on the odometer, i get to take it to 6k rpm! (60mph in top gear is exactly 4k rpm). Once I can access interstate travel, or not have to worry about varying engine speed constantly, I'll certainly participate in longer rides. Heck, my heart wants to ride up to NC for the North-American game... but my brain is telling me that neither the motorcycle, nor my riding skills should attempt that sort of trip solo.

Sorry about being long-winded! I'm honestly just excited =) An excuse to ride, friendly community of like-minded individuals, and just enough gas money to slip by. What more could I ask for?

- Sam

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic!

KLR-Sam screwed with this post 07-28-2011 at 06:48 PM Reason: wording
KLR-Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #755
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 881
Congrabulations!

Welcome to the game KLR-Sam and thanks for rescuing my tag. Did you ride Hwy. 97 from the falls to Liberty Hill? I used to take my KLR up there and ride it as fast as it would go through those turns. KLR's are great bikes and I know you will enjoy yours.

Rice ----
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #756
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

No, I rode up from the south. Which was very enjoyable for me :) I actually made the trip twice! Thur morning I rode out and took a wrong turn and had to return to Coliumbia for a noon appointment. Afterwards I rode back out and found it from memory. ( I left my map and address for rhe tag at home ).

I will have to grab my friend and ride up the northern half. The roads are so nice, and clear of traffic on weekdays.

Is another clue needed for my tag? How long do they normally sit?

- Sam

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #757
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

KLR-Sam, tags can be picked up right away or they can sit for quite awhile. Perhaps you could check out the SC tag-o-rama.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #758
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

They say the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

KLR-Sam, if you'll accept a grab picture from the street I'll post up the one I took today. The toll booth lady wasn't budging on the $2 so I could just take a picture. All I could think of was the movie Better Off Dead and the paperboy in it. "I want my two dollars."

Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #759
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
They say the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider.

KLR-Sam, if you'll accept a grab picture from the street I'll post up the one I took today. The toll booth lady wasn't budging on the $2 so I could just take a picture. All I could think of was the movie Better Off Dead and the paperboy in it. "I want my two dollars."

That kid has grown up and, unbelievably, turned black. He still wants his two dollars and you better have it tomorrow!

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #760
KLR-Sam
Adventurer

Yes! I was thinking about that and a picture from the entrance would be just fine. In the interest of keeping this game moving along, please feel free to grab the entrance sign. The park ranger I spoke with was almost excited when I told him about the picture tag game and how it works. Though... I may have talked up the wonderful sc state parks and how excited i'd be to just get a picture by the memorial, etc. *grin*

In the future, I'll exclude anyplace that has any kind of fee. Lesson learned!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #761
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Grab

Quote:
Yes! I was thinking about that and a picture from the entrance would be just fine. In the interest of keeping this game moving along, please feel free to grab the entrance sign. The park ranger I spoke with was almost excited when I told him about the picture tag game and how it works. Though... I may have talked up the wonderful sc state parks and how excited i'd be to just get a picture by the memorial, etc. *grin*

In the future, I'll exclude anyplace that has any kind of fee. Lesson learned!

Thanks

The picture says it all. 9654 Two Notch Rd Columbia
Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #762
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

New Tag

That KLR should be about past it's break in period. Head that thing west, everything is bigger in this state.

Looking the other way.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #763
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 881
Which way did they go?

I was sure I had this one figured out, but could not Google map it. I hate to ride to where I think it is without being more certain. The clue seems pretty good, but I am at a loss. How about another clue.

Rice, forgetful old fart, Paddly
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #764
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,245
NOT a grab:

Old photo of mine- I know where that tag is...
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #765
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepaddy View Post
I was sure I had this one figured out, but could not Google map it. I hate to ride to where I think it is without being more certain. The clue seems pretty good, but I am at a loss. How about another clue.

Rice, forgetful old fart, Paddly
There is no street view for it. There are a couple of picture spots you can drop the street view guy on and see the buildings in my picture.

Check out this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_slogans
Find the slogans for the 28th state in the Union. One of these is what you need to know to go to this tag.

Good luck enjoy the weekend.