ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #76
Land OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
Just as soon as my new chain comes in. And I put it on of course. Should be here tuesday.
Crossing my fingers for you. Waiting for parts =
Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 AM   #77
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 892
New clue.

Here is a new and improved clue guaranteed to work.

On a map, you will find this town along a straight line between St. Matthews and Saluda. The building is right in the middle of town on a major highway that has only one digit. As I said in my last clue, it is not very far from the pond where the gruff old troll, Ricepaddy was bruced by the fair damsel, Laura. There are no signs identifying the building so you may have to ask a passerby to tell you what it used to be, but I suspect that once you see it you will know that it used to be a didlem chosol.

Good luck and keep it under the speed of light. Rice---
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #78
JackalHack
Perpetually confused

Oddometer: 238
I knew I was in the right town... Just not the exact spot. Found the bugger, now to get there before Chris does...
Old 06-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #79
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahack
I knew I was in the right town... Just not the exact spot. Found the bugger, now to get there before Chris does...
You have a good chance of beating me, Michael ...

Since I went to the wrong town.
I went right through the tag town, too.

Just finished lunch.
Chris
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #80
Land OP
Wanderer

Grab

Old high school school building (now First Steps) at 101 West Colunbia Avenue/U.S. 1 in Batesburg-Leesville.

Chris
Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #81
Land OP
Wanderer

New tag

If you've been achin' to grab a tag, here's your chance.

Chris
Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #82
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,890
it looks as though the horse has been repainted.

I have a new theory. The new games were started so people could tag spots that have already been tagged.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #83
JackalHack
Perpetually confused

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
The new games were started so people could tag spots that have already been tagged.
The other TOR games have repeats without starting new games - double up on all tags now! Caycek5 has a map of where to find them and everything!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #84
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
it looks as though the horse has been repainted.

I have a new theory. The new games were started so people could tag spots that have already been tagged.
There are a series of these horses in the area, so it isn't a former tag.

Nobody ever did say you couldn't use a former grab or bruce photo though as a tag in the regional games as it would be a file photo in your posession. I raised this question at the creation of these games.

Personally I like Land's statement if you don't like it don't play. That's why you only see the first grab I made and no more, but like kalonji said these are extensions of the state game so I have to look.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #85
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
That's why you only see the first grab I made and no more, but like kalonji said these are extensions of the state game so I have to look.

"You've got to stand for sumthin'."

Get over yourself and have some fun playing tag games, Ryan. Or not. Your choice, obviously.

Chris
Old 06-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #86
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Interesting theory.

Of course it doesn't acknowledge the fact that there's no rule against using the same tags in the statewide game.

And since I started this particular game and the one in the Lowcountry, I can tell you without doubt that your theory is wrong in those two cases.

Go grab a tag when you get your new chain. There are two games stagnating in the same place in the Lowcountry.

Chris
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #87
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,887
I'll start playing again. It is too addictive, I'm still finding where the tags are, just not posting google grabs. Just wait untill scooty puff quits his nap.
The game is fun.

Actually I have a new tag game try to find information about my Grandpa who served in WW2. I have never gotten into genealogy before I just started trying to research it the last week or so. I took a field trip to a former state tag site today (SC Military Museum tag # 224) to see if they could possibly point me in a direction to look for information. They were helpful and I got a few websites to check out. All I really have is his uniform to go from, I am going to have my mother apply for his service records soon. If you thought you could spend hours looking for a tag site before try this.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588527

caycek5 screwed with this post 06-11-2010 at 03:48 PM
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #88
Land OP
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
I'll start playing again. It is too addictive, I'm still finding where the tags are, just not posting google grabs. Just wait untill scooty puff quits his nap.
The game is fun.

Actually I have a new tag game try to find information about my Grandpa who served in WW2. I have never gotten into genealogy before I just started trying to research it the last week or so. I took a field trip to a former state tag site today (SC Military Museum tag # 224) to see if they could possibly point me in a direction to look for information. They were helpful and I got a few websites to check out. All I really have is his uniform to go from, I am going to have my mother apply for his service records soon. If you thought you could spend hours looking for a tag site before try this.
That sounds like a cool project. I am working on a WW2 project with my journalism students. We've interviewd a couple dozen vets on video and are putting the interviews into a show format.

I was hopiing that you'd get into the regional games.

Chris
Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #89
ricepaddy
Ronin

Oddometer: 892
Congrabulations!

Good Grab Chris. I just got back from Isle of Palms so I won't be horsing around with the new tag today, but tomorrow? You never know.

PS. Did anyone hear about I-95 being all blocked up near Santee today around noon? I was heading north on route 6 and saw hundreds of cars going south on the same road. When I passed through Santee, I saw that they were detouring from the interstate. Sure wonder what happened.

Rice--
ricepaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #90
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,890
came all the way to Chucktown and didn't call me....
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote