User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #136
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Oddometer: 202
Fun Bags Mount Up

We're working more on a low cost pannier setup. Today we installed a mounting set up on the Fun Bags prototype. This is the same system we use on the V2s and it mounts to all SW-Motech racks. Those "mouse ears" allow for 4-way adjustment of the bag because every bike is a little different. A few photos...

Micatech screwed with this post 11-24-2010 at 12:56 PM
Micatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #137
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
They look good.. You could make them available with or without mounts, and with or without powder coating for those who want a lower priced option and don't care for powdercoating.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #138
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
They look good.. You could make them available with or without mounts, and with or without powder coating for those who want a lower priced option and don't care for powdercoating.
Bingo. That's what we're thinking.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #139
GatSS
Canadian eh

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micatech
Now Ready!

OK, not quite...

We really like the new Yamaha Super Tenere and while we don't yet have bike to play with, we did some quick and dirty work in photoshop to see what it might look like...
I'm really interested in how these will look in real life. I have a Tenere on order and your cases are at the top of my list.

Thanks and keep us updated!!
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #140
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Micatech's In Mexico

Brett is a Micatech customer and he's spent half the year touring around the US and Canada on his BMW 1200GSA. He's been in Mexico for a while now and on his way to South America. He had a rough time in Copper Canyon recently. Here's a few pics from the journey.

Scenic Roads

Artist

Mount Up

Bridge

Crash (luckily not over the edge!)

Post Crash
Old 11-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #141
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSS
I'm really interested in how these will look in real life. I have a Tenere on order and your cases are at the top of my list.

Thanks and keep us updated!!

SW Motech already has pannier mounts for the SuperTenere 1200. Twisted Throttle will begin to receive SW accessories for the SuperTen in February. The V2's will bolt straight up to the SW Motech racks, the only think you have to decide is what size you want. I'd go with a 10" on the right side and an 8" on the left side.

For Canadians, if you want to save some $$, pre-order your cases, attend the MOA rally in PA next summer, mount them at the rally and ride home!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #142
suecanada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Bonneville V2 case pics!

Thanks Bob for posting those pics of "Winston', my Bonnie with his new clothes!! I think they are super! What used to be a chore to pack and unpack is now a breeze. Hope it drums up some business for you.
Those new 'cheaper' cases look the ticket for smaller bikes too. The V2s are perfect too. You made a good point about the older BMW luggage racks. The whole system is only as strong as its base and if our old racks are iffy then not a good option. The old cases can fall off but I need to investigate the integrity of those old racks from other users.

suecanada screwed with this post 11-26-2010 at 08:17 AM
suecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #143
sail2xxs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
I'm very interested in the V2 bags for the Tenere. The Fun Bags look essentially identical to the Happy Trails panniers, aside from the mount. Would they be priced similarly?

Thanks,

Chris
sail2xxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #144
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2xxs
I'm very interested in the V2 bags for the Tenere. The Fun Bags look essentially identical to the Happy Trails panniers, aside from the mount. Would they be priced similarly?

Thanks,

Chris
Hi Chris,
The Fun Bags are similar. They really aren't anything fancy, just a simple bag that gets the job done at a good price. We're still working out the pricing details, we'll keep you updated.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #145
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Eek And now for something completely different...

Bob over at AZHotRodTrikes used a Micatech topcase on his custom trike Purple Haze. Looks pretty slick!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #146
pizzaman383
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Wicked Love my Tiger with Micatechs!

I ordered V2 panniers with flat backs and installed them on Touratech racks. It cost more but they are rock solid!

Black 2004 Triumph Tiger
Author: Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza
www.passionateaboutpizzabook.com
pizzaman383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #147
colorider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
SW Motech already has pannier mounts for the SuperTenere 1200. Twisted Throttle will begin to receive SW accessories for the SuperTen in February. The V2's will bolt straight up to the SW Motech racks, the only think you have to decide is what size you want. I'd go with a 10" on the right side and an 8" on the left side.
I've had SW-Motech racks on other bikes and was pleased with them BUT, per their specs, they are not suited for the SuperTen if you ride with a passenger. Apparently the placement of the bags (all bags????) encroaches on the passenger's leg room/comfort. I wonder if the V2 Micatech case would eliminate this "concern" since they have multiple mounting positions?????
Loveland, Colorado ~ USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

colorider screwed with this post 12-07-2010 at 04:13 AM
colorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #148
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micatech View Post
Hi Guys,

We've been busy in the shop working on some new projects. Here's some info and photo on the V-Pilots. We've combined the clean and rugged mounting system of the Pilots with the slim and slender lines of the V2 case. A lowered exhaust allows for a full left side box (no need for an exhaust cut out). These V-pilots will fit the BMW 1200GS, 1150GS, and 1100GS.

We're working out a few kinks now and plan to have them ready for shipment in early 2011. Let us know what you think.
I'm interested in the following:

1) Width at widest point of cases?
2) Do you know exhausts that do not need to be lowered (looks like s..)? 2010 model!
3) Looking at the fun cases - what about making those available with Pilot Mount?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #149
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post

2) Do you know exhausts that do not need to be lowered (looks like s..)? 2010 model!
3) Looking at the fun cases - what about making those available with Pilot Mount?
Anybody?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #150
Micatech OP
Motorcycle Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post

cug,

1) With 8" cases the widest point measures 32.5" With 10" cases you're looking at 36.5" (For comparison, the standard Pilots measure 39"). Stock handlebars with hand guards are about 36.5"
2) The German company, Hattech makes an exhaust where you can run a full size Pilot case without an exhaust cutout and without the need for a lowered exhaust. A few of our customers have this setup and it works well (and sounds great). This will also work for the V-Pilots (V-2 bags with Pilot Mounting System).
3) Interesting, we haven't considered it. We'll give it some thought. Tell us more about your interest - Like the Pilot mounts, but want a top loader?