ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #31
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell
Lemme know. I figure if you are riding two up you won't have to wait quite as long for me at each turn .
Aint gonna be a fun run............straight out 66 to 81 to 50 and right over to Romney. The trip back may be more interesting, but Scott will be in charge.

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:25 PM   #32
storymitchell
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Aint gonna be a fun run............straight out 66 to 81 to 50 and right over to Romney. The trip back may be more interesting, but Scott will be in charge.
That would be fine. I'm still trying to get the hang of the sidecar, so twisty roads aren't on my agenda yet. Of course, it's a /5 so WFO is only about 65 - 70 which (I would assume) is slower than you plan on traveling.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #33
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,553
Scott's first ride since he wrecked....whatever we do will be fine.

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:47 PM   #34
storymitchell

The earlier the better for me. Post here or PM me. The bike needs a couple of minor maintenace items performed and I should be able to get them done tomorrow night.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:32 PM   #35
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace
What ever you do, be very afraid of this other asshole that lives down in Richmond going by the name of Freak - he's an evil poser that never rides and should not be trusted
thanks phillip

welcome, thumpy. I forget that guys name on that guzzi. I've talked with him at Poe's.

we'll have to get together for a ride I'm about 5 miles from Chester.
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map

freaking RT screwed with this post 11-04-2004 at 08:43 PM
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #36
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguyrs
Thumpy, do they still get a decent crowd of bikes? I havne't been up there in a couple years, but was thinking of catching the next one. Use to get a hundred or so bikes last time I was there.
there's a good mix of bike's at Poe's. you get a few sports guys, a few HD's, some of the local bmw club meet to stamp monthly news letters, there are some old bikes and LD riders.

the nicer the weather the more the bikes . I suggest eating breakfast somewhere else. It won't kill ya, but there's better out there.
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 11-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #37
ddlewis OP
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
thanks phillip
welcome, thumpy. I forget that guys name on that guzzi. I've talked with him at Poe's.
we'll have to get together for a ride I'm about 5 miles from Chester.
Thanks freakin.

Bob Mulligan. (the Guzzi guy from Williamsburg.. It just came to me) Give me a holler some time when you want to take a spin.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:09 AM   #38
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpy
Thanks freakin.

Bob Mulligan. (the Guzzi guy from Williamsburg.. It just came to me) Give me a holler some time when you want to take a spin.

if you see a dirty RT on the road with a bunch of stickers on the cases, that'd be me

IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 11-05-2004, 05:09 AM   #39
bmwguyrs
Out riding....

Oddometer: 105
Hope to make the next Poe's

I plan on attending, if the sun's out look for me on this..

Well, I can't seem to upload any photo's. Hmmm.

If sunny, a silver Ducati 900SSFE

If not sunny, a white 991100GS
bmwguyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:10 AM   #40
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguyrs
Well, I can't seem to upload any photo's. Hmmm.
It's been turned off due to performance problems, see "Ask Baldy Blame Fish"

Cross linking it in from another site is the only way right now.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:20 AM   #41
ddlewis OP
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT

if you see a dirty RT on the road with a bunch of stickers on the cases, that'd be me

Nice

And this would be my poor mans RT.

ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #42
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,026
What is that, an FJ?

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:33 AM   #43
bmwguyrs
Out riding....

Oddometer: 105
The location looks like the small park on the Maury River (that's Route 60 on the bridge). It's on the west side of Buena Vista, VA heading towards Lexinton. No??
bmwguyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:43 AM   #44
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell
The SniP....The bike needs a couple of minor maintenace items performed and I should be able to get them done tomorrow night.
So what else is new SM BTW - Got to see your rig sometime - a Hack might be my next moto-venture. I was looking at those URALs - know anything about these?
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #45
storymitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
So what else is new SM BTW - Got to see your rig sometime - a Hack might be my next moto-venture. I was looking at those URALs - know anything about these?
We have a Ural dealer on the board, so I don't to be too negative. I know a couple of people who have owned them, and basically they compare favorably to pre-evo HDs. If you want a bike to ride AND futz around with, they're not a bad choice. If you want one you can simply get on and go, I'd recommend you do what I did.

I paid $2500, and I'm looking at about $500 of tires / tuneup / fluid change / etc. I'll note that I recently missed out on a '73 R75/5 that went for $1500 and that needed nothing, and I saw a Velorex sidecar up in Ohio go for $700, so for $2500 you could have assembled a solid starter rig that will be almost as good as a new Ural that will cost you 2 1/2 times as much.

The next time we run into each other you're welcome to take mine for a spin.