User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #301
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Nice looking air filter assembly.

It appears that ITG's website lists a filter (assembly?) for the KTM 950 Adventure, 950 Superenduro, and 950 Supermoto, as part #HMP-747.

Is this the part you ordered, and if not, why did you not choose this item?

Will the ITG filter be the hot new air filter assembly that doesn't (I ASSUME) require you to modify your seat pan, unlike the 950 Rottweiler Intake System (shown below)?

Thanks!

ktm950se

ktm950se screwed with this post 06-09-2012 at 07:44 PM
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #302
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,107
that filter is one really great find!! I'm just in the process of cutting my own baseplate but will stop now and just order this one in!!

Did you just order a ITG-1JC30 and cut to size yourself?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #303
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,135
KTM950se:

I did not go with the 950 part because the intakes are larger. Though it is only from thought i recognize this. With a blank baseplate i can do what ever i need to. And the filters sausage form meant it wouldnīt interfere with the seat pan. Regarding the rottweiler product i canīt comment on that, as i donīt have it. But is was the rottweiler filter that made me think that this was the way to go. My thoughts are to keep as many hp as possible.
ps: Right now i actually see that the Rottweiler has made a system to the RC8.

StevenD:

Yes pick the JC30-100 (Length 300 mm - Height 100mm) And the model is rated to 460 hp. So no bottlenecks there.
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1...duct_info.html
And then choose the blank baseplate to same model.
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1...duct_info.html

This should do it.

Mikael
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #304
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
OK, thanks, your process makes sense for your application.
I started another thread regarding the HMP-747 filter to see if we can get some info about it.

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #305
blublapp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hey Mikael, nice work

My plan is to put a ITG Filter on my Adventure too. What size of o-ring (or what sort of seal) did you put under the baseplate of the JC30 Filter? Ive seen a JC30 Filter with 80mm height on Merlin site, this must be the perfect height I think...

thanks a lot!

blublapp screwed with this post 07-19-2012 at 02:44 AM
blublapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #306
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Subscribed. I'm very interested in seeing how this works itself out. I'm curious where you ended up locating your fuel pump?
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #307
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

ITG SAUSAGE FILTER JC30-100

That will be 10cm height. Fit perfectly and my intakes are more or less the same as the original. Though the 8cm would surely work fine to.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #308
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
I'm taking a bit of a break from my project to enjoy the ski season

I am very happy with how this "950 trail bike" is turning out

It's important to get all the angles right. Notice the bad angling of the back of the faring in relation to the tank.......

Nice to see HD photos again too. Photo bucket "fucked us up the ass" by reducing photo quality on all "Free" accounts. Every photo in every post "fucked", pixelated................ years of work Better to just pay !!!!!!

Look at the disk This bike needs a ride

K2m screwed with this post 08-04-2012 at 08:43 AM
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #309
K2m

Here is a look at the pluming for the oil cooler and new oil tank.

This was purchased from AN pluming.com http://www.anplumbing.com/

Having had to think about how it all works, and a look around the OC to see what other inmate's experiences are, I am of the opinion that the return oil pump maintains the oil level in the engine when running so it dose not matter what size the oil tank is. The line in is bigger than the line out of the engine. Pressure in the oil tank can assist the check valve to open allowing oil to go to the engine. The check valve stops the total quantity of oil in the ADV from draining into the engine. The SE dose not need a check valve as the tank sits at engine level. On start up the SE return pump removes excess oil from the engine.

(Here Pete)

K2m screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 12:00 AM
Old 08-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #310
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,996
Just stumbled onto this thread and read. I'm in awe.
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #311
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
There are motorcycle companies using a plastic as an oil tank material, this is more like having your oil in a thermos bottle(hot water flask,cannot remember the right european-english term) , retaining whatever heat coming from the engine,mostly nullifying the coolers effect on controlling the oil temp, or looking at another way requiring it to release the heat a metal one would provide, if given cool air venting.you may want to include a cooler in the return line to lower the oil supply temp.(small one)
yokesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #312
Mark950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
Just stumbled onto this thread and read. I'm in awe.
yip me too, just spent the last two hours reading and what a good 2 hours it was. Can't wait to see the finished machine.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #313
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokesman View Post
There are motorcycle companies using a plastic as an oil tank material, this is more like having your oil in a thermos bottle(hot water flask,cannot remember the right european-english term) , retaining whatever heat coming from the engine,mostly nullifying the coolers effect on controlling the oil temp, or looking at another way requiring it to release the heat a metal one would provide, if given cool air venting.you may want to include a cooler in the return line to lower the oil supply temp.(small one)
I'm thinking along the same lines. This is a Honda oil cooler that normally mounts on the steering stem. It is small and in the return line . Both oil pressure, and oil temperature are monitored by a hi quality Racetech gauge so if there is a problem I can fix accordingly.

The cooler sits under the headlight, and should be very efficient in the wind blast.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #314
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,693
wow
beauty
Old 09-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #315
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Hi iīm back or something.

After F5īed the shit out of this Lenovo on Sakurama thread i thought i would post some updates or updead.

Summer came and i lost all momentum. I have chosen a bit more less-action packed job at the army and got my self a Staff sergent position. All good but the job requires a lot of new stuff that i need to learn. Aside this my ex-wife and i paired up again. Actually we have done that way before summer. And in the summer i began to ready up for the last 3 Enduro championships i Denmark. Well bottom line is that all good things requires time and that didnīt leave much time for the over all project. Lots have happened, just not to the bike.

First some summer pictures from the über nice Sweden.

This is where i used most of my 8 days vacation in Sweden. A long year with many changes forced me to cool down.

Then some pictures from my last Endurorace. 1 year break from riding the bike didnīt enhance my chances. Though i actually finished 3rd in both races(B-class).

I am so pleased that i used some money to my new SXS front/rear suspension. The 530 isnīt really a Motocross bike, but the new suspension really makes it way better on the track.

http://youtu.be/_zJfQZp4K4Y?hd=1

Well back to the project.

This is where we are now.

The bike canīt start because we got a rear temp sensor on the water coolant which gives me some grief. We will try to dismount the complete Bazzaz system and see if we can go by this.
Søren found this thread: http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/rc8-superb...u-problem.html
This problem also gives EFI light(problem) but we hope this is the solution.

Brakes:
Iīm convinced that this will be a single front setup. QTMI has the bracket for my radial shoe. At last confirmed by email. What i need is: QTMI bracket and the disc converter from CJ when running the 320mm disc om the Marchessini.

Tanks:
Well the Safaris is the way to go. I already knew that but just to clear it out. My plastic welder in town found an acceptable bound with the welding rod from aqualine and some PE he had laying around. Problems was that we needed a lot more to make this happen and to reinforce when neccesary. I tried to neglect that i had to start a new conversation about the need for some more welding material at Aqualine. In the end they agreed to help and shipped 180m from there supplier. 70 bucks + 105$ for shipping...argg. Though its all in my garage now and just need to get my head into this again. Iīm sure we will get there.

Exhaust:
Regarding this setup KTMs new 1190 actually shows how i need this done. Not that we didnīt knew this but nice to know that we think equal here. The 1190 advīs new look is another talk. My exhaust welder goes to Iceland to race some 4x4 in some weeks so he has his head all wrapped up in that. Aka no time for my project.

It all sum up to stuff that i canīt make with my own hands or tools.

Then the other day Pete640 mailed me that my rear tanks soon are finnish. And even that i put down the deposit i couldnīt remember iīve done that. Ahhhh now i know where the funds for the SXS suspension came from :-)
Well a couple of months more and these tanks should be paid. I think i have narrowed my wheels usage down to 17-17 and 21-18. If any needs a 19-17 excel setup, just mail.

Not much progress but we are getting back on track again.