Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #241
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
When you look forward to putting on a new rear knob 'cause it will kick ass in the dirt. And you try to go easy on it, but it inevitably wears out. So you go thrash on your favorite twisty road and not feel guilty about burning up your rear tire.

And then you put on a fresh knob 'cause.......
Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #242
devildogg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
That was just evil.

Great thread! Still working through it...
really? I believe it was a good deed I performed, how could I with a clear conscious let a good friend go on riding the KLR

You know you are a 950/990 owner when you put your 400 throttle cam back on in the hope it will be easier on the back tire because you are weak weak weak and have no will power to restrain your right wrist in the dirt

devildogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #243
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee
When you're cruising down the motorway at 75/80 mph and some cock starts tailgating you so you give it a handfull and pull away instantly

Doh!!! cop in a mustang on hwy 285. Before speeding away I gave him a sample of used Skoal long cut mint.

He caught up to me on a red light coming into Berthoud, light turned and so did his...a warning about obeying speed limit's.

True dat...

Edit: cops are Copenhagen guy's!!

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #244
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Your KLR buddies call it the "E Tool" because it leaves a trench out of every dirt road corner.
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:37 AM   #245
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon
When you get pulled over for dragging a peg around a corner but the cop lets you go because he can't believe you did it with those knobby tires.
Throw on a set of the Conti Trail Attacks. Im gonna be callin CJ for another set of Peg extensions.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #246
olec
Rookie

Oddometer: 273
You know when you're a 950SE owner...

...when you do your early morning commute with a really dirty bike, number plates still on (with numbers of course), real knobbies mounted, transponder still transmitting, realizing you didn't do anything coming home from the race the day before.

... when the speaker (organizer) of the race goes through the starting list and wonder if the bloke with the 950 is lost or have misunderstood something

... when you plan to do a upcoming two day race, but instead of hauling it there, you want to ride it there, but realizes you won't be able to fit the spare wheels, tire changer, gear and some extra clothes on the bike, but instead of giving up, give it one more try and one more...and one more. (probably going to end up I'm leaving with the bike race ready and just bring some extra underwear and credit cards. OK, mayeb the tirespoons, so I can flip the rear for the second day)

... when your planned route instantly can change if you meet some other orange bikes (which almost never happen up here).

... you have started to order rear ties in batches of three instead of just one.
olec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #247
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by olec
... you have started to order rear ties in batches of three instead of just one.
Truth!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #248
olec
Rookie

Oddometer: 273
One more:

... when your collegues start to ask questions when you're going to make up the lost workhours due to repeatedly one or two hours early leave from work

... when your wife at the same time starts asking questions how long this 'working overtime' phase will last on work.
olec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #249
Bob59601
Bob59601

Oddometer: 58
Laugh

.....when you have been pulled over by the man twice in the 3.5 months of owning the bike after surviving more than 20 years without seeing the flashing lights in the rear view.

"When riding my old Harley a ninety per at midnight down the Via Roma in Naples, I kept one consolation firmly in mind: If anything goes wrong, I'll never have time to regret it." -Edward Abbey
Bob59601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #250
209ktmdude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
You know you are a KTM 950 Adventure owner when you ride by a herd of cows on the back roads and all 25 of them stop chewing and stare at you as you ride by, and you can swear you hear one of them saying to the other one; "Thats a nice KTM bro"

And you know you are a 950 owner when you are riding your 180 MPH Ninja ZX10R and you remorse at not taking the KTM like you have negected your wife at home or something. And when you get home you go straight past the wife and see how the 950 is doing.

You know your a 950 owner when group of Harley owners, and a 10 year old kid walk around your bike checking it out at the hotel and you can swear they are all baffled
209ktmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #251
Buggles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
When your bike is being trailered to your new home abroad, and you can't sleep until they call to tell you it's arrived in one piece!

JB

Gone but not forgotten:
'04 Tiger (MRA Vario screen, crash bars, heated grips, K&N airfilter, dual headlamp mod)
'93 ZZR600 (SOLD)
Buggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #252
TA-Zappa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
You know your a 950 owner....

.... when passing parked, expensive cars with alarm, you drop a gear and twist the throttel. It just completes the deep roaring sound with the high pitch screams of the alarms that are set off...

/Zappa
'09 250 EXC-F SixDays - 184h (Stolen)
'98 XL600V Transalp - 86000km - SOLD
TA-Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #253
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
...you are willing to enter a "discussion" with your wife about a 950SE vs new curtains purchase.

If you see me admitted to hospital[1], tell me it was worth it.

cheers

Markie

[1] not caused by the SE.....
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #254
el' hefe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA-Zappa
.... when passing parked, expensive cars with alarm, you drop a gear and twist the throttel. It just completes the deep roaring sound with the high pitch screams of the alarms that are set off...

/Zappa
In putting this feeling in context, it feels similar to a pack of crows that start to screech as they see a predator approaching!! That's right kids, the Katoom is in the hen house!
el' hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #255
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,439
Jealous

I'm at the gas station, my hubby on his GS, me on my 950, and he says, "You know, every guy in this lot is jealous of me." I replied, "It's not just having a trophy wife, it's how you accessorize."

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote