ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #271
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder
 
Boondoggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 14,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke


I'm thinking I'm going to have to make some "F5" tee shirts this year.
In for an XL!

Might need two of them so I can wear one while the other is in the wash. two weeks is a long time...
__________________
____
its hookers and blow ....... coke and hookers is like saying hocus cadabra -Pork Butt
What is wrong with you guys? -RapidWife
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #272
ArthDuro
quarantined
 
ArthDuro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Westsideistan
Oddometer: 2,997
F5 shirts!!!
__________________
my nx250 project pics
my mini ride reports
"parts made of unobtanium"
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is online now  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #273
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,642
2011 DAKAR Entry List?

I've gone thru this thread and checked Dakar.com but I can't find a link to the entry list. Can anyone clue me on this?

My main interest is to find if there are more Americans in the Dakar this year and to see if Ze Helio is in. Will also be pulling for the Rallye Princess Annie "Sweetness" Seel.
zenjen is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #274
BajasWorld
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 55
Dakar 2011: Aprilia Factory Signs Spanish Joan Barreda

Spanish JOAN BARREDA will ride the next edition of the Dakar Rally on one of the factory bikes Aprilia RXV 450 from Noale.
The young rider will be part of the formal structure of the Italian manufacturer, following the signing in Milan with the Director of APRILIA RACING Gigi Dall 'Igna agreement that will unite both parties and includes Dakar and the World Rally Championship.



Joan Barreda:

"I am very satisfied with the agreement with Aprilia.
The brand is fully involved in the Rallys, and I thank them for their confidence in me based on my limited experience in these races.
Is a young brand in the specialty, but two years of working on the RXV 450 and I think now is the favorite bike for the next edition of the Dakar.
His interest in me came during the Rally Pharaons: there was Davidde Borghessi, director of the department Offroad of Aprilia Racing.
Upon returning from Egypt made a visit to the Noale Reparto Corse, where I saw the impressive technical and human resources for the Rally project , and his strong interest in having me to move forward.
Now I have two months of intensive testing with the bike to meet me in the best debut in the next Dakar. "

BajasWorld is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #275
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,318
looking forward to seeing how the frame has evolved since last year
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline  
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #276
Mopti
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mopti's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: San Leandro, CA
Oddometer: 113
Annie says Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
I've gone thru this thread and checked Dakar.com but I can't find a link to the entry list. Can anyone clue me on this?

My main interest is to find if there are more Americans in the Dakar this year and to see if Ze Helio is in. Will also be pulling for the Rallye Princess Annie "Sweetness" Seel.
From last year in La Serena. Very sweet lady with time to talk.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sail (ride) away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in you sails (windscreen). Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Mopti is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #277
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
looking forward to seeing how the frame has evolved since last year
Nothing wrong with the Aprilia frame, it does get some extra strengthning right under the engine where the sumpguard mounts, but thats about it.
tehdutchie is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #278
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
My main interest is to find if there are more Americans in the Dakar this year and to see if Ze Helio is in. Will also be pulling for the Rallye Princess Annie "Sweetness" Seel.
Annie is definitely in again on her 525 SuperRocket she is being supported by the Mecasystem team again and this time has good support from KTM factory as well. She is gunning for Top Female again and is really pumped

Ze is on standby with Speedbrain BMW to replace Fretigne if David has to bail.............................not that Ze would want to gain from others misfortune but I really hope Ze gets to ride........world class rider & world class guy
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #279
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
Annie is definitely in again on her 525 SuperRocket she is being supported by the Mecasystem team again and this time has good support from KTM factory as well. She is gunning for Top Female again and is really pumped

Ze is on standby with Speedbrain BMW to replace Fretigne if David has to bail.............................not that Ze would want to gain from others misfortune but I really hope Ze gets to ride........world class rider & world class guy
I noticed Knuiman talking to Verhoeven the other day...

Dont know what Monster thinks about it though.. Annie would be a great option marketing wise to say the least! Go Annie!
tehdutchie is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #280
zenjen
Go Outside
 
zenjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Quartz Mtn. West end of the Wichitas
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
Annie is definitely in again on her 525 SuperRocket she is being supported by the Mecasystem team again and this time has good support from KTM factory as well. She is gunning for Top Female again and is really pumped

Ze is on standby with Speedbrain BMW to replace Fretigne if David has to bail.............................not that Ze would want to gain from others misfortune but I really hope Ze gets to ride........world class rider & world class guy
Thanks for the info. Would like to Ze in as well and good to hear Annie is a go.

Any news if there will be an overlap of Dos Sertoes & the Australasian Safari? I would like to see Ze on the Safari podium next year.
zenjen is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #281
Beez
Given to fly
 
Beez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Framingham, MA
Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie
I noticed Knuiman talking to Verhoeven the other day...

Dont know what Monster thinks about it though.. Annie would be a great option marketing wise to say the least! Go Annie!
Indeed. Andrea Meyer was good for BMW marketing.
Beez is offline  
Old 11-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #282
rallyman OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Far North QLD Australia
Oddometer: 78
Trying not to get carried away.

My normal "Checks" via goggle utube ect- Dakar, KTM 690 rally, KTM 690 adventure (I've been typing this for four years, still nothing from the factory) Last year, like alot of us, I also began searching KTM 450 rally and dare I say it KTM 450 Adventure.
For some reason this morning while watching cyrils 450 rally vid (loud) a feeling of mainia shot through my body, you know that feeling of excitment thats so strong you choke and tear up.
I guess thats the feeling you get if you put yourself in the position to do Dakar, I can (at this stage) only dream of what it would be like at the start of stage one in your first Dakar!
I bet there is some great stories out there.


Lets get excited Dakar is coming.
rallyman is offline  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #283
rm_pt
Adventurer
 
rm_pt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyman
My normal "Checks" via goggle utube ect- Dakar, KTM 690 rally, KTM 690 adventure (I've been typing this for four years, still nothing from the factory) Last year, like alot of us, I also began searching KTM 450 rally and dare I say it KTM 450 Adventure.
For some reason this morning while watching cyrils 450 rally vid (loud) a feeling of mainia shot through my body, you know that feeling of excitment thats so strong you choke and tear up.
I guess thats the feeling you get if you put yourself in the position to do Dakar, I can (at this stage) only dream of what it would be like at the start of stage one in your first Dakar!
I bet there is some great stories out there.


Lets get excited Dakar is coming.

are you talking about this vid :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCnnapk5As

real nice one. Read somewhere that all bikes (and cars?) will be shipped in the end of this month from France to Argentina... Dakar is coming soon
rm_pt is offline  
Old 11-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #284
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer
 
gagnaou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: FLint Hills
Oddometer: 1,364
Despres talking about tires. Sure sounds like he did not like the Pirellis...

__________________
French vacation house for rent! 15 min from the WEC finale this fall!!!

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #285
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnaou
Despres talking about tires. Sure sounds like he did not like the Pirellis...
Speaka-engrish! I need a translator for that one. Good footage there, however.

I can't really understand why, but Despres has always struck me the wrong way. I've disliked him from the first (english) interview that I saw with him and am not sure why. Is his reputation that of a poor sportsman? How do those from the outside view him? It's obvious that he is a world class rider, but others seem humble and less arrogant / conceited.

Perhaps this is a misconception...?
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014