ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #316
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,551
I knew this thread would have started already, but not since February!!

Here's to another great race and best of luck to all competitors!

Let's hope we'll get better TV coverage this year (I doubt it), and some improvement on the official site's reporting, like live positioning on maps (I doubt it).

Let the F5s begin!
__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #317
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,244
something to look at till this yr


__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #318
Flood
F5lood.
 
Flood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 10,161
Dos Sertoes 2008, that's a beautiful set of pics.
__________________
TEAM F5

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #319
CBVRacing
CBVRacing
 
CBVRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 470
Basic Training with Cyril

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVlLx0smVIh
__________________
CBV
__________________________________________________ ____________
Get your Dakar fix -- Dream Racer (The Film) available now at www.dreamracer.tv
Join Dream Racer on Facebook
CBVRacing is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #320
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut
 
Kyler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: 51st State - Western MD
Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing
his trainer shouldn't talk so much
__________________
Ken => I'm a DAMN Rider (No rules, just ride!)
Happiness is a 3-wheel drift!
Member of the Maryland OHV Alliance
Kyler is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #321
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 22,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIW
his trainer shouldn't talk so much
No Hablas Ingles.
__________________
Got Smugmug? Use code HWkDUhHwGv5Tc for a discount.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #322
escuchamente
Let's Ride
 
escuchamente's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing
__________________
Dual Sport Riding Techniques
Advanced Dual Sport Riding Techniques: The DVD!
Proud to be Riff Raff, forever! Thanks Charlie, Rob, Niles & Jonah for a great ride.
escuchamente is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #323
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing
Speaking of videos, when is the Dream racer coming out? Should be about now shouldnt it?
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #324
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Speaking of videos, when is the Dream racer coming out? Should be about now shouldnt it?
+1.
__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #325
GreatWhiteHunter
Lovin' Life!
 
GreatWhiteHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Ass on the seat, hands on the bars.
Oddometer: 341
this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Speaking of videos, when is the Dream racer coming out? Should be about now shouldnt it?
Do you mean this?

__________________
* 2006 Suzuki DL1000K6 V-Strom (the fast, red one)
* 2010 KTM 530 XC-W Sixdays
* 2009 KTM 300 XC
* 2010 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 X-RS
GreatWhiteHunter is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #326
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteHunter
Do you mean this?
No he means this


Dream Racer: 2010 Dakar Documentary


Dream Racer
Climbing mountains, sailing the world, starting a business: many people have dreams. But most die a death at the hands of apathy, the human mind's uncanny ability to find excuses not to act, inertia, the barriers that life puts in one's way - job, mortgage, family, and other responsibilities.
This is the story of a man who refuses to let his dream die. He wants to race his motorbike in the 2010 Dakar Rally and will do everything humanly possible to make this happen.
Christophe Barriere-Varju isn't a highly paid professional athlete, he's a regular guy with a day job, and every penny he earns goes toward racing.
It costs $120,000 just to take part and Christophe is short on cash. He spent his entire savings on last year's race, a race he had to abandon on day 8 after breaking his wrist. He got off lightly. In 2006 he dislocated his shoulder, popped it back in and rode on, only to fall and break 3 ribs 180 kilometers later. The same year, at the Sertoes Rally in Brazil, he spent four days vomiting into his helmet fighting food poisoning and practically swallowed his own tongue.
But Christophe will not be put off. Even when all signs point to the contrary, Christophe will continue to believe. Delusion? Pure madness? Admirable positivity? His is an exceptional brand of optimism.
But will it be enough? Will Christophe even make it to Buenos Aires and the start of the 2010 Dakar? If he does, will he have what it takes to finish?
This is the story that Dream Racer will tell.
Stay tuned at www.teamrallyaustralia.com for the premier release of the Dream Racer documentary Trailer video the week of the 12th of October.
__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #327
GreatWhiteHunter
Lovin' Life!
 
GreatWhiteHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Ass on the seat, hands on the bars.
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99
No he means this


Dream Racer: 2010 Dakar Documentary


Dream Racer
Climbing mountains, sailing the world, starting a business: many people have dreams. But most die a death at the hands of apathy, the human mind's uncanny ability to find excuses not to act, inertia, the barriers that life puts in one's way - job, mortgage, family, and other responsibilities.
This is the story of a man who refuses to let his dream die. He wants to race his motorbike in the 2010 Dakar Rally and will do everything humanly possible to make this happen.
Christophe Barriere-Varju isn't a highly paid professional athlete, he's a regular guy with a day job, and every penny he earns goes toward racing.
It costs $120,000 just to take part and Christophe is short on cash. He spent his entire savings on last year's race, a race he had to abandon on day 8 after breaking his wrist. He got off lightly. In 2006 he dislocated his shoulder, popped it back in and rode on, only to fall and break 3 ribs 180 kilometers later. The same year, at the Sertoes Rally in Brazil, he spent four days vomiting into his helmet fighting food poisoning and practically swallowed his own tongue.
But Christophe will not be put off. Even when all signs point to the contrary, Christophe will continue to believe. Delusion? Pure madness? Admirable positivity? His is an exceptional brand of optimism.
But will it be enough? Will Christophe even make it to Buenos Aires and the start of the 2010 Dakar? If he does, will he have what it takes to finish?
This is the story that Dream Racer will tell.
Stay tuned at www.teamrallyaustralia.com for the premier release of the Dream Racer documentary Trailer video the week of the 12th of October.

My bad. I hadn't seen this. Must have missed it if it's been discussed already. Cool stuff.
__________________
* 2006 Suzuki DL1000K6 V-Strom (the fast, red one)
* 2010 KTM 530 XC-W Sixdays
* 2009 KTM 300 XC
* 2010 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 X-RS
GreatWhiteHunter is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #328
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,933
Thumb wooohoo Ze Helio races Dakar 2011 with BMW !!!

Rally Dakar - Zé Hélio aceita convite da BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy
19/11/2010

Săo Paulo (SP) –





A phone call in the morning of this Friday changed for better flat of the pilot of motorbike Zé Helio, considered one of the main names of the rally cross-country of the present time. "I received a connection of the Wolfgang Fisher, leader of the BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy, making official the invitation for defend the team in the Rally Dakar 2011. It is everything confirmed", anticipated the Brazilian. Bigger test of the modality in the world, the Dakar will be carried out between 1ş and 15 of January in the Argentinian one and in the Chile.
Aboard a motorcycle SpeedBrain G450 RR BMW, Zé Helio is going to face it supply by the second time. In 2009, the pilot inaugurated with the 12ş place in the general classification, position that accredited him as the best competitor of the Americas between the motorbikes.
"I am very satisfied, the chances of run the Dakar in the near season were more and more remote. Now, necessary go behind a series of providences and still intensify the trainings with motorbike and the academy", continued the pentacampeăo of the Rally International of the Interiors and Brazilian defending champion of the Super category Production.
Zé Helio has the sponsorship of BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy, co-sponsorship of Inpaer and I lean of the Company Athlética.



great stuff, go Ze !!
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye

SafariBerg screwed with this post 11-19-2010 at 02:49 PM
SafariBerg is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #329
LUDO
Studly Adventurer
 
LUDO's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: California
Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
Rally Dakar - Zé Hélio aceita convite da BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy
19/11/2010

Săo Paulo (SP) –





A phone call in the morning of this Friday changed for better flat of the pilot of motorbike Zé Helio, considered one of the main names of the rally cross-country of the present time. "I received a connection of the Wolfgang Fisher, leader of the BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy, making official the invitation for defend the team in the Rally Dakar 2011. It is everything confirmed", anticipated the Brazilian. Bigger test of the modality in the world, the Dakar will be carried out between 1ş and 15 of January in the Argentinian one and in the Chile.
Aboard a motorcycle SpeedBrain G450 RR BMW, Zé Helio is going to face it supply by the second time. In 2009, the pilot inaugurated with the 12ş place in the general classification, position that accredited him as the best competitor of the Americas between the motorbikes.
"I am very satisfied, the chances of run the Dakar in the near season were more and more remote. Now, necessary go behind a series of providences and still intensify the trainings with motorbike and the academy", continued the pentacampeăo of the Rally International of the Interiors and Brazilian defending champion of the Super category Production.
Zé Helio has the sponsorship of BMW SpeedBrain Monster Energy, co-sponsorship of Inpaer and I lean of the Company Athlética.



great stuff, go Ze !!
I predict he is to be replacement for David Fretigne injured in Morocco.

Go Ze!
Go Gordao!
__________________
===========
Maldita Vida Boa
LUDO is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #330
DaZbrah
start me up
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Belmont Sewer, now TJ
Oddometer: 27
Go Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
actually JCR packed the motors last week to send to HT rally raid and Quinn is in Baja pre running...
In Baja wining
DaZbrah is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014