Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
GISdood OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Prince George to the Prairies (barely) and back.

GISdood screwed with this post 06-02-2015 at 12:29 PM
GISdood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,618
Sound great

Kelly, sound great. Hope that back holds up , I know you two deserve a great trip.

May I suggest Royal Tyrrell museum, Drumheller, Alberta. I was with several school groups that toured that place and it is truly one if not the best collection of dinosaurs in the world.

As you ride the Yellowhead , at about 5 miles from the Tete Jaune Cache junction of 5 south and 16 to the west is Carr Road, please stand on your pegs and give a loud YAHOOOOOOOOOO for me, that is my road for 25 years. Thanks ahead of time.

Have a great trip, we leave for Winnipeg June 6th, sorry to miss you and B.!!1

ride safe /smart

gale OOOPPPS , just saw you are returning on 97, next time:)

Gale B.T. screwed with this post 06-03-2010 at 07:23 PM Reason: correction
Gale B.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

K & B, have a great trip, I can totally understand your decision to ride 97 over 5.

I can see you and my son in law there in PG must play for the same "easy fun hockey" league.!!! No rough stuff right!!????

gale
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,417
I'm a northern BC boy (Quesnel) that was transplanted to Edmonton 10 years ago. We've got space here at the house and I'm sure we can cram those bikes into the garage for you. Give me some advance notice and we can have a crew of the local riders over to meet and greet. The house here is a riders hang out in the local area.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
b_uffalo
Bruichladdich

Oddometer: 110
If you're interested

When your heading south on Hwy 93\95 towards Cranbrook take the Kimberly turn off, and then take the Gray Creek Forest Service Rd (favorite for those that know about it) to the east shore of Kootenay Lake. The road has awsome scenery and goes over the Gray Creek Pass. It's gravel but isn't difficult just a hell of a lot of fun, about 85km.
You pop out at Gray Creek on Kootenay Lake you can go north to Crawford Bay and take the longest free ferry in North America to Balfour and then head to Nelson and back to your original route. But I would take Hwy 3A South from Gray Creek along the east side of Kootenay Lake to Creston. It's rated as one of the best motorcycle roads in Canada nice and twisty!
b_uffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,098
Okotoks

is just a wee bit South of Calgary and while The_Filly doesn't ride, if I'm not working, I'd say we can meet in Calgary for a drink (coffee for me) or you would be welcome to come down & have a meal with us.

BTW Rob is a great guy

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISdood

Calgary plans are up in the air still - tentatively staying overnight with a on old high school buddy that lives there now, but nothing set in stone just yet. I'll drop you a PM when I know for sure when we'll be through Cowtown.

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
RedDogAlberta
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 6,246
Red Deer here. I'll certainly ride a bit be it the David Thompson or Drumheller valley. We must hit the Last Chance Saloon in Wayne, AB in the Badlands.

You're also welcome here. Catch up on laundry, etc. There's secured, alarmed parking for your machines.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Once you get your dates firmed up drop those of us who offered help of any type a PM and we can send you our Cell #'s so you can get a text to us . doG forbid anything happen, but I have a truck and a trailer that would easily fit both bikes should the need arise

Quote:

I'll post again here the day we leave PG. We'll be going from Jasper to Edmonton via 93 & 11 on Day 2. I don't think we'll be taking a laptop for the trip, but I'll try to pm you via my phone en route.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Congrats

Quote:
In other news, my wife went in for her BC Class 6 road test this morning and passed with flying colours!

Look out, there's another fully-licensed crazy two-wheeler on the road!!

Congratulations, honey! I knew you'd rock the road test!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Congrats to K and B

Congrats to you two for the BC Class 6 endorcement and all those new farkles on the bikes for your trip.

We just got back from the tundra( a short week above 11,000) where we took Vermin and family on a 5 day wilderness back pack trip, their first!! Pic available if you wish. We spoke of you two just in case your ears were ringing!!

Congrats again, looking forward to this ride report.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

I'm not local to Ab (transplanted Newfie who was lost in Ont for 23 yrs) so I can't help with road suggestions in the Hinton area. Drop Rob1313 a PM & he might be able to give you some suggestions. Drop me a PM before you go and if you run into trouble you'll have my contact info and if I can help I will. My work schedule dictates how much help I can offer

Quote:
Damn work anyway...

Only 3 more days here, then its gonna be a rush to get the last bit of wrenching/prep work done.

RedDog, NightWolf, rob1313... slight change of plans in travel already, and we haven't even left yet! Jasper was booked solid everywhere, and the hotels that did have vacancies started around $200/night. Screw that! We're pushing through to Hinton on Day 1 and crashing there, instead. Any recommendations for secondary paved routes to keep us off the 4-lane a bit between Hinton and Edmonton?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #13
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,417
Hey, sorry for the dalay, I got your PM, I've been eyeballs deep in things around here. From Hinton to Edmonton there not a lot of options. Once you get closer you can take pretty much any of the secondary roads (633) that parallel the yellowhead but to be honest I'd just ride it and get it over with. The secondary roads aren't really going to be all that snic, we are in Alberta:) Watch for the deer out here. We've got as many as you do