ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #3331
craigincali
Just hanging around
 
craigincali's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: A town called Hell
Oddometer: 1,939
Today: 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona yellow

Tomorrow; ???
__________________
Me
I am usually drunk when I post so dont take it personally !
2010 KTM 990
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #3332
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Man, i want them all these days!

Triumph Tiger 800
Triumph Scrambler
Yamaha super 10
Moto Guzzi Griso 8v
Bmw R1200R
If my Road Glide ever sells i'm gonna be screwed, then i really have to make a decision.
If your Road Glide ever sells.. looks like you'll get a proper bike next.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #3333
rs42sport
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rs42sport's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glenview, il
Oddometer: 129
Between a 883/1200 FI sportster, the new cbr500r or the nc700x
__________________
2004 honda silverwing 600
2004 Honda VTX 1300c sold at 25250miles
2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 traded at 9800miles
2009 Burgman 400 traded at 9424 miles
2007 Kymco People S 250-traded at 7860 miles
rs42sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #3334
vicvegas
eager beaver
 
vicvegas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thompson,Mb
Oddometer: 189
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
If your Road Glide ever sells.. looks like you'll get a proper bike next.
Well my Glide sure ain't a kymco but it's ok. i mean its great at what its meant to do but its just not the perfect do all bike for me right now.
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #3335
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Well my Glide sure ain't a kymco but it's ok. i mean its great at what its meant to do but its just not the perfect do all bike for me right now.
Every Harley is great at what it's meant to do.. since that's only "being a harley".
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #3336
Randy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Newnan, GA USA
Oddometer: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Every Harley is great at what it's meant to do.. since that's only "being a harley".
Yep and mine excels at that!

After being a motorcyclist for over 35 years and owning and riding many different styles of bikes, and having a fairly strong anti-Harley attitude for as many years.... I finally let my prejudice go and gave one a try.

Granted, my sporty doesn't excel at anything in particular, other than putting a big smile on my face every time I throw a leg over and push the start button. Or,
even walk out into the garage and look at it....

Ridden at a rather relaxed, smell the roses pace, I find it a very enjoyable motorcycle. It tickles the right visceral senses for me and in ways that a great many "better" motorcycles fail to do. It's no sport bike and its no touring bike, but for just a casual, fun to ride bike it's just right. A great streetable power delivery, reasonable comfort (I am in the process of improving the suspension though), decent handling when ridden at a sane pace, and just a feel and sound that's just right. I probably wouldn't be satisfied with it as an "only bike" but luckily I have others for other riding needs, so the sporty fits into the stable very nicely. . In fact since getting it at the first of the year all the rest have been collecting dust.

Still sorta surprises me when I think, "me? On a Harley? And I LIKE IT!" But that's the way it worked out.


__________________
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #3337
waveydavey
happy times!!
 
waveydavey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Pulling dragons from the ground again
Oddometer: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
If your Road Glide ever sells.. looks like you'll get a proper bike next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Every Harley is great at what it's meant to do.. since that's only "being a harley".
__________________
"...once the honey was gone he wandered off, farting and too soon satisfied."



FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #3338
Unleaded
Unit Train
 
Unleaded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Hellinois
Oddometer: 738
Well, in the recent spirit of the thread, here's my submission for today.

I really would love one for a second or third bike. Much fun.

__________________
www.motorcycletravelers.com
Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #3339
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,540
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #3340
jdgretz
Looking for new places
 
jdgretz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
I'm jonesing for this right now


Great bikes, and it just so happens that I'm getting ready to sell mine (don't need two sport touring bikes) but haven't posted it yet.

Drop me a note if you're still wanting one.

jdg
__________________
'07 Norge - the fast red one
'03 Honda Shadow 750 - Rocky
'99 Honda Helix - Little Zippy
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #3341
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher
 
jeepinbanditrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: MCAS MIRAMAR
Oddometer: 1,138
Vstrom.
__________________
2004 Suzuki DL650 Weestrom
1978 GS 1000
"Those who would trade security for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #3342
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Yep and mine excels at that!

After being a motorcyclist for over 35 years and owning and riding many different styles of bikes, and having a fairly strong anti-Harley attitude for as many years.... I finally let my prejudice go and gave one a try.

Granted, my sporty doesn't excel at anything in particular, other than putting a big smile on my face every time I throw a leg over and push the start button. Or,
even walk out into the garage and look at it....

Ridden at a rather relaxed, smell the roses pace, I find it a very enjoyable motorcycle. It tickles the right visceral senses for me and in ways that a great many "better" motorcycles fail to do. It's no sport bike and its no touring bike, but for just a casual, fun to ride bike it's just right. A great streetable power delivery, reasonable comfort (I am in the process of improving the suspension though), decent handling when ridden at a sane pace, and just a feel and sound that's just right. I probably wouldn't be satisfied with it as an "only bike" but luckily I have others for other riding needs, so the sporty fits into the stable very nicely. . In fact since getting it at the first of the year all the rest have been collecting dust.

Still sorta surprises me when I think, "me? On a Harley? And I LIKE IT!" But that's the way it worked out.


Yeah, that makes sense, I'd have one in the garage as a 3rd bike.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #3343
TexanInSeattle
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TexanInSeattle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
Oddometer: 321
Paul Smart Ducati 1000

__________________
"Fucking computers! See all the trouble they cause!"
TexanInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #3344
phoenixdoglover
Where to next?
 
phoenixdoglover's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Oddometer: 111
ZoomerX

I was in Thailand recently and saw a few of these:
__________________
2009 KLR650
2009 Suzuki C50T
2011 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
phoenixdoglover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #3345
Wobbleside
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: South Bay, SF Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 150


Seems like it would make an awesome commuter.
Wobbleside is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014