Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
Twistn'roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy Rider
Live in St. Stephen New Brunswick. No Kids, No wife, a KLR and a 950 Adventure.

A Gathering would be great!
Hey Fundy Rider, I'm going to be passing through St. Stephen on Sunday, Aug 1st. Do you know of any good seafood / pubs in the area?

I was planning to camp at Oak Bay. It would be good to share a beer or two being that you don't have any commitments or anything......

~TR~
Twistn'roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Oddometer: 233
Seafood and a Beer

Sure, Your in luck! The Silverking Restaurant in Blacks Harbour has in my opinion the best (No joke of a lie) seafood and not just around here.

If you came in at Vanceboro which is pretty much on your way there is a great place to camp and ride for a couple days if interested. If you don't have the time I would suggest the camping spot anyways.

I should be around then so the beer and chat sounds good. Send me a PM for the details and who knows what we may come up with?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #18
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Ozzie's is also very good and has been around for decades...right on main hwy, although I haven't been in a few years.

Hey Fundy, where you in St Stephen? I used to spend vacations there as a kid and still have some family left there, although most are gone now.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #19
Twistn'roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy Rider
Sure, Your in luck! The Silverking Restaurant in Blacks Harbour has in my opinion the best (No joke of a lie) seafood and not just around here.

If you came in at Vanceboro which is pretty much on your way there is a great place to camp and ride for a couple days if interested. If you don't have the time I would suggest the camping spot anyways.

I should be around then so the beer and chat sounds good. Send me a PM for the details and who knows what we may come up with?

PM'd ya
Twistn'roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #20
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

[quote=JTT]Ozzie's is also very good and has been around for decades...right on main hwy, although I haven't been in a few years.

Hey Fundy, where you in St Stephen? I used to spend vacations there as a kid and still have some family left there, although most are gone now.[
/quote]

Live off of Milltown half a mile from the smaller border. If your heading this way let me know. Always up for something.

Ozzies can be good too just not as consistently fresh and a little pricey. Just my humble opinion.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #21
MP5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Hey all ADV folk. I'm around the Saint John area half way to Freddy. Ride an 08 990, which I just spooned on a set of Conti TA's for a trip around the South Shore in a few weeks with another couple. And an 04 KLX 400 with all the reg. DRZ/KLX mods to make it more "dirty". Also a member of NBDSC.CA.

Would love to get together for an East Coast Gathering...and yes some beeeeeers.

BTW....I vote Comeau's Restaurant in Pennfield for the best seafood
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
More_Miles
über-n00b

Oddometer: 312
Chiming in

Woodstock NB here. I concur about Ozzie's being pricey. Growing up, it was a treat to go to Ozzie's and get a seafood platter. IMHO, while good there is better. Ad yes, I'm from Charlotte County!

I don't ride a dual sport, but the old Airhead has a healthy coating of dirt, and the only chrome are the dirt/dust covered mufflers! I'd be up for a gathering as well. Heading to Halifax for Canada Day then Cape Breton for the next two.

Cheers all!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #23
straight_8
SM rims for KTM wanted

Oddometer: 74
Thumb Me too!

[/quote] I'm riding the first 2 weeks of september, doin' a CW LWU/R (QC-LAB-NF-NS-NB QC)....[/quote]

Im doing the same trip but am leaving baie comeau on the 26 Aug...Attending Skibums soiree in NFLD Sept 2nd.

I'm in the Annapolis Valley with a 640 ADV and would sure be up for a gathering...and not a Timmies one like the chrome guys do it.
02 640 Adventure (Airbox, carb, exhaust modded)
07 Gas Gas ec300 (street legal, scott damper)
straight_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #24
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Atlanticade

Just a thought on short notice but Atlanticade is happening this coming long weekend July 1st through the 4th in St. Andrews New Brunswick. I am just recently separated so live in a basement apt. but better than a tent with lots of floor space and I'll lead you on some rides so we can show up all dirty and show those chrome heads how a bike is supposed to be used.

I am 20kms from St. Andrews

Fundy Rider screwed with this post 06-28-2010 at 08:00 PM
Fundy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 AM   #25
Serge LeMay
Dirtmedic

Oddometer: 82
A bunch of riders from the Soiree are going to come off the island in N Sydney and would probably like to meet the ones that available for some rides in the province...I for one, and for sure a couple of others

I'll be leaving Sherbrooke (QC) on sept 1st... probably around the 9th or 10th i'll be in NS...Sooo...anyone interested PM me
Serge LeMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 625
I'm from NF, will be over your way around the 21-25 July and again doing the TLH in late Aug, probably with the Soiree bunch on LWU/A. I'm riding a GSA in July riding with a buddy on a Concours 14. Would love to meet anyone who's in the area for a coffee or whatever along the way.

Cheers!

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #27
TREE
Interloper

Oddometer: 3,302
Lots of us here.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #28
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,765
We are on our way up.

Heading up for a couple weeks starting Monday. Hope to meet some of you guys along the way.

I used to Tall ship in the late 80's and had a couple friends on the Bluenose II.

Anybody know Bill Monroe out of White Head?
he was the Bosun on the Bluenose back around 88-89..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597428

bloochdog screwed with this post 07-07-2010 at 09:11 AM
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #29
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,836
Annapolis Valley..

I'm in Middleton with a K7 DL1000. I'm new to the DS thing and already have the scratches on the plastic to prove it! I came from riding an '07 Kaw Vulcan 900...but also have put over 55K on street bikes in the last three years.

Wife and kids put some constraints on riding..but usually they let me out to play.

C.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
Callahan71
Banned

Oddometer: 4,142
Nice to see some other Maritimers here. I live 10 mins outside Saint John...anyone know of some decent trails out this way?

"I'll lead you on some rides so we can show up all dirty and show those chrome heads how a bike is supposed to be used."

Haha, the Timmies down by my house is full of chrome domes. I rolled in covered from head to toe after putting it down in a big mud hole the other day...got a few looks of disgust that's for sure
Callahan71 is offline   Reply With Quote