User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
wirewrkr
the thread-killer

Oddometer: 4,297
The new EBAY listing for this GEM is underway, the RESERVE price is $9500.00
OKAY, good luck on that. I really hope you get it.
If you do, I'm gonna start building ALOT more bikes to sell.
Robert

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!

wirewrkr screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 09:43 PM
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #17
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,352
I find myself wondering if the bike was built for sale, why the 1200miles? And if it was built to keep, why the sale? Something not ticky ticky right?
Who knows, but it looks nice to me.
When it doesn't sell, it will be interesting to see if there is a third go-around.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
wirewrkr
the thread-killer

Oddometer: 4,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator
I find myself wondering if the bike was built for sale, why the 1200miles? And if it was built to keep, why the sale? Something not ticky ticky right?
Who knows, but it looks nice to me.
When it doesn't sell, it will be interesting to see if there is a third go-around.
Yah but you don't "drive" a bike, and it doesn't have good "driveability"
Puhlease.

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
IIRC, the last CR gear sets that I'm aware of were sold by Dr Curve (Jim Roche) maybe two years ago. That was when he had just begun disposing of his stash of rare parts and he wanted about $1500 for the set of NOS gears. Not the complete tranny. Just the 4-speed gear sets.

I know that I ended up refusing the offer and they ended up going to Chris at San Jose BMW. I guess that he could confirm the selling price if he wanted to but all I know is that while they're a neat thing to have on a race bike, they're pretty useless on the street and that where I ride.

Those CR gear sets have been NLA from BMW for a long time and I'd bet that theres a bunch of guys who'd dig deep, just to say that they own the last set set!

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.

Hawk Medicine screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 10:18 PM
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #20
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator
I find myself wondering if the bike was built for sale, why the 1200miles? And if it was built to keep, why the sale? Something not ticky ticky right? SNIP!
Having just finished a long term project bike, I am well aware that before the bike is ready for prime time, theres always a bunch of small details that need to be taken care of.

You need to break in the engine, re-torque everything a couple of times , dial in the timing, jet the carbs, adjust chassis components, touch up the paint here and there. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle... Ride.... Fiddle... Ride.... Fiddle.

I just started breaking in my new top end and when I stopped for gas I discovered that my brand new locking /6 gas gap, had fallen apart. Now I have to fish the missing parts out of the tank and then reassemble the cap but if I had just paid someone big bucks for a ready-built hot rod Beemer, I might be a little pissed and I would definately want the seller to make good on the broken cap. No... For me, seeing 1200 miles on the build makes me think that the builder has probably done his due diligence and that his performance claims and reliable.

Lastly: Over the next year or so, we're going to see a lot of guys selling bikes, cars, homes, and other valuables that they never intended to let go of and the sales will be driven by our failing economy. There are a lot of people out of work in America and there are more joining the ranks every day.

Oh, and $9500 for that bike is just nuts!

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.

Hawk Medicine screwed with this post 06-06-2010 at 10:24 PM
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #21
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,127
Actually CR gearsets were available from BMW until not long ago. Maybe old stock, but Tom Cutter bought one (supposedly the last one) a few years ago.

If I wanted a CR gearset now I'd just have one made.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #22
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
"Lastly: Over the next year or so, we're going to see a lot of guys selling bikes, cars, homes, and other valuables that they never intended to let go of and the sales will be driven by our failing economy. There are a lot of people out of work in America and there are more joining the ranks every day.

Oh, and $9500 for that bike is just nuts!"

I agree, we will see more and more people selling stuff off. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Sadly, for those who are hurting, there will be some real bargains. The $9500 price would indicate the seller is not hurting. Or, may be he is hurting and the price is an indication of his level of passion for this motorcycle. I love the 3/4 seat cowling and it DOES demand the original seat.

With Triumph and Harley selling modern retro models, I wonder if this would work for BMW as a styling platform for a retro R1200R. Probably too small an audience.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
camgregus
riding gently now

Oddometer: 3,001
it was bid way less than that now....

Interesting to see what it does seem to sell for.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #24
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,901
Is it possible to get a 2-1 (or even 2-2) supertrapp exhaust like that for a /6?
If so, anyone have a location to purchase? I haven't been lucky in finding one yet.
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote