User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
huskygirl OP
HuskyGirl

Oddometer: 174
Laugh 2010 Girls Ride Report - North Western Victoria

Very late ride report for the 2010 Girls Ride!! With an injury sustained by me and with Miss Jane getting ready to take the lead in the Cancer ride, it has been a bit hectic.

Here’s the crew, HuskyGirl, Miss Jane, Jud, Sue (you should see what I can fit in my panniers), Sheryl, Helen Mary, and Max; PowerMel is taking the photo on her one good leg. (If you are lucky PowerMel may even load up a scan of her foot with a Hardware Store worth of bolts and screws in it.)

Departure was from Beechworth Bakery in Bendigo with the first dirt not far up the road with a quick tour through the Whipstick. It was here the first fall on the Husky came about for the weekend. The pleasure of getting the bike diry in some shine grey mud overtook me and I totally forgot I had road tyres still on from the asphalt sprint around Victoria Anzac weekend. Managed to drop the bike, eat some mud and all in front of the Park Ranger who had decided to follow us. Since there was a man around, got him to pick up the bike (Miss Jane, does he count as another pitboy?).
Girls coming out of the Whipstick....

Miss Jane had found some good fast country lanes to the Terrick Terrick and then onto Mitiamo for a break.

Then on up the Mitiamo – Kow Swamp Road and onwards to Cohuna to join Max and PowerMel for some late lunch.

After filling up with lunch we popped over to visit Cheryl’s Aunty Kath who had organised a surprise afternoon tea for us. Lots of cakes, more liquid and then back on the bikes. Lucky the lamb shanks were going to take some time, we were bursting..........

Fantastic ride into Gunbower Island, with camp set up at Bend No 2. Great night had by all, with lots of laughs. An indicator of how much fun the girls had riding throughouut the day was the number of rides already half planned for the next several years.

Dinner Prep.....It was a bugger carrying the table and gas burner on the bikes..........PowerMel contemplating the life of a parsnip......

A respectable fire..........

Lamb shanks..................

In the morning, we saw these guys slowly paddling down the river, heading for SA.

Mushroom season.

Trip out the next morning, saw Miss Jane and I head out early to allow plenty of time for a sprint back to Bendigo and onto the Bellarine for me. Taking the long way out I managed to spin the rear wheel on some more shiny grey mud, miss a burnt red gum trunk, and break my left mirror, with the final result the bike down on its right side and my right leg not particularly happy with my performance. A few torn muscles and stretched ligaments puts me out for the cancer ride for the following weekend (8th May). http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568528

All I can say is it is a long way from the Murray to the Bellarine on the Husky seat when you can’t stand up or shift your weight!!!!!

Thank you to Miss Jane for organising another great event and to all the ladies for a fine time.

huskygirl screwed with this post 05-09-2010 at 04:07 AM
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Oddometer: 1,484
Good to see all you out having some fun and a bit of a bummer on the injury.
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
barra
trying to get there

Oddometer: 1,325
I'm amazed at how good the evening looks. Unless I'm near a pub for the nightly meal, it's a can of spam and a mars bar for dessert. I just might have to take a lesson from you lasses and put a bit more time and effort into my eating habits. Seems you all had a good time, I'm bloody hungry now. Cheers.
barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Oddometer: 296
Ride Reports

So I've been lurking here for years and get beaten to writing up a ride by my wife who hates ADV because of the the time I waste here.

The shame, the shame.....
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,542
Nice report. You gals know how to have a good time, except for the injuries. I hope they heal quickly.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
momentumrocks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Bravo Girls!

Enjoyed reading your report. Also enjoyed seeing another one of those beautiful blue F650's of which I am a proud owner. You are fortunate to have that many dual ladies in one area.
momentumrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #7
huskygirl OP
HuskyGirl

Ah, that is where it get's interesting. The girl crew came from all over the place something in a range of 250kms, and then we travelled some hours up to where we camped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentumrocks
Enjoyed reading your report. Also enjoyed seeing another one of those beautiful blue F650's of which I am a proud owner. You are fortunate to have that many dual ladies in one area.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
huskygirl OP
HuskyGirl

Injury finally healed (well sort of). Once the frozen kneecap was manipulated into some sort of movement, the concept of walking became much more natural.

The bike(s) have for some been put away, as we wait for the full winter to hit us and for some snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Nice report. You gals know how to have a good time, except for the injuries. I hope they heal quickly.