ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
neskipper OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
NETRA Trail System (MA)

Hello All,

I just purchased and received some roll charts of the NETRA trail system. There is a trail called Andover to Newburyport which seems too good to be true but what do I know. On the Andover to Newburyport trail notes that I received from NETRA is states the the route was revised in June of 79.

I'm suspect.

Has anyone done this trail?
Has anyone done any of the NETRA trails in MA?

Thanks!

Southern NH
2007 Dr650SE

neskipper screwed with this post 06-08-2010 at 01:13 PM
neskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by neskipper
Hello All,

I just purchased and received some roll charts of the NETRA trail system.
"NETRA trail system" is kind of a misnomer. The NETRA rollcharts are more ROUTES than TRAILS. They are routes that someone, sometime laid out. Often a mix of trails and dirt roads and roads.

A lot of them are out of date. For example, I have been on some routes that try to send you across closed, posted land due to change in ownership since the chart was made.

NETRA is more or less a "club" rather than a "business". The charts have been put together by members and shared with the club. It's not like it is a commercial service. So "use at your own risk". That something is on some old chart that somebody gave you, wouldn't trump trespassing laws or land ownership.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote