OT: Looking for a camp nurse -- soon!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Hakatan, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Hakatan

Hakatan quality > quantity

Oddometer:
    :spam Are you a RN (or LPN, or even a MD) currently licensed in Colorado or one of the compact states looking for a low-stress short-term assignment in Colorado?

Our outdoor adventure camp is seeking a camp nurse to serve as the sole on-site health care provider. There will be an MD on-call from Denver 24/7 for issues. Experience working in a camp or other rustic environment preferred. Campers range in age from 11 to 16, and are in good health.

We still need a camp nurse for two time periods this summer:

Dates: June 16th -- June 25th and July 18th -- August 1st, 2010

Every Friday afternoon through Sunday morning off. Every other week campers are out on excursion, so no sick call or medication dispensing duties. You just have to be 'on site and available' in case of emergency.

This is a paid position, with room and board provided. The pay doesn't compare to a hospital position, but the scenery is way better :lol3

Location: Beautiful 360 acre camp in the middle of Pike National Forest, 8000' elevation, located between Woodland Park, Deckers, and Bailey, Colorado along the dirt road that leads to Stoney Pass. Yep, close to prime dual-sporting terrain. :deal

<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.236508,-105.430298&spn=1.02112,3.515625&z=9&output=embed" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="350" width="425"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>

If you or someone you know is interested, please PM me as soon as possible.

Thanks!
  2. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    49 weeks, 2 days. :thumb
  3. Hakatan

Oddometer:
    But who's counting? :lol3

Congratulations, Mike. Call me if you're looking for a job (or a break from your real job) in summer 2011. :thumb
  4. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    :nod
  5. Hakatan

Oddometer:
    I think we found someone for the first three days :clap But we still need a camp nurse for June 20 -- June 25.

Anyone have any leads for me?
  6. abqcookie

abqcookie Serow Siren

Oddometer:
    I'll talk to our school's nurse. School's out and she's on vacay. Maybe she'd like a few days pay and the great outdoors.
  7. Hakatan

Oddometer:
    Bump -- still looking for a camp nurse for this Sunday through Friday. :deal

Thanks for checking. Please PM me if they're interested, so we can plan a time to talk.
  8. Hakatan

Oddometer:
    Update for Summer 2011 -- we have the nurses hired for the entire summer except for a 3 week period: July 11th to August 1st, 2011.

If you or someone you know is interested, please PM me.