Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Developing Ducati: AltRider + Marley Africa Road Trip + Team Spider Grips Ducati

Designing parts for the Multistrada 1200 had always been a part of the plan. With its innovative features and Ducati styling, Jacob and Don were excited to get their hands on the bike and start creating.

What we didn’t expect, however, is to hear from David Alexanian.

If you’re like many adventure riders, you’re no stranger to Long Way Round and Long Way Down. You watched Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boorman learn to handle their big BMWs and thought, “Geez… if they can figure this out, I guess the rest of us can, too!”

So imagine what it was like to get a phone call from the producer of those movies. He explained he was making another documentary series, this time using Multistrada 1200s in South Africa, and wanted to know if we could provide parts for the bikes.

Why yes we can, David Alexanian.

Everyone was on board immediately. We were excited both to share our new products, but also by the documentary itself. The Marley brothers -- Ziggy, Robbie, and Rohan --will kick off the Marley Africa Road Trip at the World Cup in South Africa, then ride to commemorate the 30 year anniversary of their father Bob Marley’s Zimbabwe tour. The whole AltRider team worked around the clock to make sure we could ship out the prototypes in time, and everything went out according to schedule. We’re pretty excited to see our stuff in the Marley Africa Road Trip! You can download the trailer by clicking here.

That would’ve been plenty to be excited about, but the Ducati deities weren’t done with us yet. Paul Livingston from Spider Grips got in touch with us, and asked if we had anything for Team Spider Grips Ducati. It seems when you’re breaking speed records at Pikes Peak, it’s a good idea to get some protection installed.

Yes, we can help with that.

This has been a crazy and amazing experience for us. So now we’d like to share it with you. Check out the video and pictures below of the Ducati Multistrada 1200S outfitted entirely in AltRider.

You can see more pictures and read in-depth product descriptions on our website, where these are all available for pre-order.

AltRider.com
Jeremy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
scottdc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Can't wait to check out the film, looks like it'll be good! Big fan of your guys work, btw. Had the pleasure of meeting Jacob briefly at the Seattle bike show as he is neighbors of a friend of mine I was there with and have been following your guys work ever since. Really nice quality stuff, makes me wish I had a bike you made parts for, heh. Maybe if Triumph actually builds the rumored 675 dual sport...

scottdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,765
It's on Netflix. :)

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
It's on Netflix. :)
Yeah, totally not what I expected. I think they only show about 10 minutes of actual motorcycle riding throughout the whole series. I thought it would be more adventure riding oriented because of Alexanian being involved, but the more I see that guy on tv, the more he seems like a douchebag.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #5
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I thought it would be more adventure riding oriented because of Alexanian being involved, but the more I see that guy on tv, the more he seems like a douchebag.
And you didn't get that impression from the LWR and the LWD series ? ;)

BTW, AltRider's products are first class and a good place to buy from.
And have you been to one of their events ? Fun ! :)

Cheers
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote