Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #46
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
I was amazed I missed this report as I try to read anything doing with Arkansas. You did it right! I too learn NOT to drive faster than I can stop in line of vision. And you did right by turning when you did. Running solo and taking chances where nobody may find you for days is a sure way to become part of the food chain.
Thanks for sharing. I was roaming about Arizona area on Bandit at the time of the report so that how I missed it. I just looked at your dates.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #47
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
I was amazed I missed this report as I try to read anything doing with Arkansas. You did it right! I too learn NOT to drive faster than I can stop in line of vision. And you did right by turning when you did. Running solo and taking chances where nobody may find you for days is a sure way to become part of the food chain.
Thanks for sharing. I was roaming about Arizona area on Bandit at the time of the report so that how I missed it. I just looked at your dates.

Cool! Yeah... driving faster than you can see is a recipe for disaster! Definitely one of the scariest moments I'm been in.

Solo riding is surely different from being with a group or another rider, I enjoy it immensely because I get to ride at my own pace (sometimes much faster than a group can go). Also deviating from the intended route is easier because you don't have to regroup and reorganize.

I am planning a trip here in a few weeks that will take me past these places and deeper into the Appalachians... should be fun!!!

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote