FC-MOTO huge dissapointment - now what?

deleted

DREAMADVENTURER screwed with this post 06-19-2010 at 06:49 AM
DREAMADVENTURER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Dirty Hippie
Somewhere in a canyon

Oddometer: 227
I also had a bad experience with FC Moto. No response to my emails, no updates about my order, and no boots. They finally shipped them about 2 months after I ordered them. Very poor service, but I was never charged for the boots until they shipped. They did nothing illegal, just crappy service.

Have you been charged for the helmet? If they billed you but never sent it you would be on stronger ground.

Otherwise, what can you do? Exactly what you are doing. Passing the word to others so they don't get into the same situation, and take you business elsewhere in the future.
Dirty Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
I placed and on line order with FC-Moto evening of June 4. I got an email from fc-moto on June 8 stating that they were processing my order. Since I did not hear anything by June 11 I sent an email asking when the order would ship. I got a reply today, June 16, stating that the web site says that orders take about 10 days. When it ships I should receive an automatic email informing me of the tracking number.

There was a place in England that sold the C3 Schuberth helmet but it would have cost me close to $800 instead of the $480. If they don't bill until it ships and the Euro to Dollar drops then I will be better off.

I don't know what can be done legally between nations for individuals ti resolve disputes. I guess we just depend on luck.
dfhepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,093
A friend of mine bought his C3 through FC-moto several months ago and experienced the same frustrations you're going through ... but he eventually got his and it cost him a whole lot less than what I paid ordering mine from designerhelmets in England ... a lot less, the bastard.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
CGameProgrammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I also ordered a C3 from fc-moto. It arrived here in California much sooner than I expected but the lack of feedback was annoying. I think it arrived three weeks after I ordered it, or maybe two. And that was when one euro was $1.45. Now it's like $1.23 so this is the time to buy.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
OK experience on my part

I just got an order from them that I placed on 21 May. The pants I ordered were backordered, and they didn't tell me that when I placed the order; I only found out when contacting them two weeks later (after the 10-day window in which they say they will dispatch stuff). I went back and forth via email with them at that point, and eventually on 21 June, they offered that they had found out the pants would be available mid-August...but if I switched from black to grey, they could ship immediately. I told them to do so, and the order was in DHL's hands the next day (22 June). It got to me today, nine days later...and when I opened the box, the pants were black, as originally ordered. The jacket was also the color and size originally ordered, just in case you were wondering.

So...I saved a big chunk of money due to the weak Euro and differences in minimum advertised price clauses in Europe vs. the US ($980 vs. $699, including the $20.38 Bank of America tacked on for a foreign transaction). Overall, I'd say that their communication procedures could use a lot of work—if the grey pants were in stock in May, I'd have just as soon gone with those and had my gear nearly a month sooner—but overall, I'm happy with the purchase. I would buy from them again, but only after confirming availability.

I'd also note that the DHL tracking has a foreign-black-hole issue—once the stuff hit customs and the processing depot in the U.S., that's where it stayed (and where it still is), according to the tracking.
kbroderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

It is now July 1 ad I have not seen an email or received the C3 I ordered.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhepner
It is now July 1 ad I have not seen an email or received the C3 I ordered.
Have you asked them about the order, recently?

My experience was that I had to prod them for information the first couple of times, then once I got the lines of communication open, I got reasonably good info (well, except that they did ship me black pants after saying they couldn't do that until mid-August.

If they'd just get proactive about the communications, I think they'd be a great resource (particularly with the weak Euro right now). As it is, the time difference and their lack of proactive communication makes it tough.
kbroderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #9
CGameProgrammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick
I'd also note that the DHL tracking has a foreign-black-hole issue—once the stuff hit customs and the processing depot in the U.S., that's where it stayed (and where it still is), according to the tracking.
This was my experience as well. It seemed like it was stuck in customs up until it arrived on my doorstep much to my surprise. But you can track it until then when they do finally ship it.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick
Have you asked them about the order, recently?

My experience was that I had to prod them for information the first couple of times, then once I got the lines of communication open, I got reasonably good info (well, except that they did ship me black pants after saying they couldn't do that until mid-August.

If they'd just get proactive about the communications, I think they'd be a great resource (particularly with the weak Euro right now). As it is, the time difference and their lack of proactive communication makes it tough.
I sent them an email on the 4th and still have not heard anything back.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got an email from someone else at FC-Moto. It states that Schuberth is having a problem with the white helmet and expects to ship by end of July. If I want I can chose another color. I wrote back to say that I will wait for the white helmet and asked that I be kept up to date with status.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here

Oddometer: 1,819
I have the same issue, white XL on order. They told me first week in August for mine.

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

Did you have to prod them several time before they responded? Or did they just send you an email out of the blue?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
dfhepner
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got 2 emails this morning. The first stated that my order was dispatched and the second stated that my order was shipped and provided a DHL tracking number. They said that I should wait one business day before the tracking will show up. I guess that means that I will have to wait through the week end since the dispatching occurred on Friday June 16. I will document when the helmet arrives.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here

Oddometer: 1,819
Guess they must have receive a shipment because mine was also shipped this morning.

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote