ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Mark5PA OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
NE PA Dirty ToR (NEPAD)

Had some good response, so maybe we will give this silly game a try. I think it will give the NE PA dualsporter an option of tags to go after, and being a relatively small area, a good tag if you don’t have time for a long haul, or if you need an excuse to find some new dirt roads.
If this game languishes beyond page 4, I sill shoot it, and put it out of its misery.
Here are the rules:
1. Location
* Your tag must be within a 40 mile radius of the intersection of business route 6 and route 29 in Tunkhannock. Being the “Benevolent Dictator”, I have chosen this. If there is enough whining & good reason, the epicenter & distance may be changed.
* The tag MUST be on a road with a surface of dirt, gravel, mud, grass, rocks, or sand. Basically, anything except concrete and asphalt.
* The road on which your tag resides MUST be a legal road for motorcycle use!!! Other than that, any road is okay: dirt, gravel, singletrack, water crossings, etc.
* Churches may not be tagged on Saturdays. It is disrespectful to the congregation for bikers to show up Sunday Morning. Even good bikers.
* Tags can be placed close to other tags, but please try not to make them the same as previous tags. The official list of tags may or may not be kept.
2. Tag Photos
* Building and landmarks are limited in this game. Don't expect us to recognize a single Oak tree because some woodpecker made a hole in it. Go for places that people will recognize. DO NOT make your clue too obscure! This game IS about the ride to new dirt, NOT googling. GPS is ok, but not everybody has that fancy equipment (like me), so lat/long should NOT be the only clue.
* Make your photographs count. If you pick a very recognizable landmark, it still won't do me a damn bit of good if you take it at 3 in the morning with no flash. It's okay to post 2 or 3 photographs if you think it is necessary for us to recognize the location.
*Your bike & Cache must be in at least one of the photographs.
*Indicate the location of the cache in at least one photograph (or a good description).

3. Gameplay
*To play, go for a ride. Find the location tagged in the previous post. The new tag should be placed on the same tag ride, or at worst, within 8 hours. Post pix of both at the same time. If you are going to use the full 8 hours, be a bud, and post a pix of you and the Cashe having a beer.
*By using a Cache, we are able to determine who arrived at the tag first. If you arrive at a tag and do not find the Cache, you have probably been "Bruced", meaning someone else got it first. Whoever gets the cache first gets to post the next tag. Takes the ” hurry home to post” out of the game.
* File photos are generally not allowed.

* No cheating. Cheating means telling someone where the tag is, or making the tag so one certain person will get it.
* If hints are given about the tag to players outside of this thread (For example, discussing in person, or through PM), the relevant information should also be posted in this thread to keep the game fair.
* If a tag is on a road which is impassable due to closures or inclement weather (such as sheets of ice), the tag may be claimed with a photo of the closure sign or impasse. The location may be used at a later date for a new tag. Do not use this just because you don't want to take your GS through a puddle--the road must be officially closed or present a situation which would endanger the safety of any taggers.
*Reasonable Effort: There are occasions when things just don't go as planned. If you go to a location, search for an honest 20 minutes for the cache, and can't find it, we'll give you the point. It's not worth spending hours searching for a cache which may have already been grabbed, or stolen by a local. Do make every effort to find it, and if you have the correct tag shot, and it is confirmed that you did not get bruced, you will get the point (assuming, of course, you also post a new tag). Please return to the spot (in daylight, perhaps) to grab the cache at a later date. This reasonable effort clause also applies to other situations: camera malfunctions, or circumstances beyond your control that prevent you from adhering strictly to the rules. (If you can't post a picture, drawings are acceptable, or REALLY good descriptions of the tag and cache locations.) Don't abuse this, but we all know that sometimes, stuff happens.
* Penalties: If you break a rule, such as posting a tag on a paved road, grabbing a tag without posting a new one, or posting a tag on posted private property, you MUST buy the last 10 taggers a cold refreshing beverage, and me, if I’m not on the list.
Keep this thread reasonably on topic. For chatting and arranging group rides, please use the Eastern PA Bullshit thread.
* Twitchy may have Bob substitute for him if any NEPAD tagger has an knarley adventure that Twitch would like to go, outside the 40 mile area. Twitch should be replace as soon as possible.

THE MAP

View
NEPAD ToR in a larger map
View NEPAD ToR in a larger map

So here it is.
Tag #1
West of a town known for its Rattlesnake Roundup (going on this weekend!). If you arrive from 29s, go straight through town, make a left after the open grate bridge. From the 29n, make a right at the stop then left. 2.5 miles of winding hard top, then another 1 mile on good dirt. Tag is on the left.

Meet Twitchy.

See that tree above my bikes tail. (you'll know for sure)

Twitchy will be at the base of that tree, facing the creek, under some leaves.

With a rock over him.

This is the view on the left looking west. Looks like the road Y's, but there is a gate to a residence.

Another view of the spot, main road.

If you continue out this road, will bring you out on rt 487, on the north side of Ricketts Glen SP. About 8 miles. If you go out, use caution. There are a couple turns that dead end (gates), and it easy to get lost.
One of my favorite rides.

Endless Mountains,PA

Mark5PA screwed with this post 08-19-2010 at 04:23 AM
Mark5PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 15,095
Knee Pad Tag??????
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,586
Not far from me and I know exactly where that is....so here I sit without a dirt worthy motorcycle

Now I have to figure out how to pick up a cheap dual sport. I wish I had my KTM SXC back!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon

Oddometer: 1,765
I gotta get the new KTM 640 adv legal!!! time to get it dirty
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Mark5PA OP
Beastly Adventurer

It's time to get dirty. You could make it on any of you bikes Paul.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Bocephous
Bitter Clinger

Oddometer: 343
Hot frickin dam. I will join this game after my arm heals.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Bocephous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

I may have to grab this tomorrow morning...I know this road like the back of my hand....
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
I may have to grab this tomorrow morning...I know this road like the back of my hand....
in otherwords he doesn't know where it is
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry
in otherwords he doesn't know where it is
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
Mark5PA OP
Beastly Adventurer

Don't laugh! Denise stopped up Lake Carey after his Phili trip today. Said he couldn't find the road. My directions were a tad funky.

If you arrive from 29s, go straight through town, make a left after the open grate bridge. From the 29n, make a right at the stop then left. 2.5 miles of winding hard top, then another 1 mile on good dirt. Tag is on the left.

Should be 29 "from the south" & 29 "from the north". Sorry.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
Tony216!!!!
My wife's pet.

Oddometer: 86
It's funny, I wanted to go get this tag today and couldn't figure out a single dirt road I could drop it on.

...When?
Tony216!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
Snowfreak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony216!!!!
It's funny, I wanted to go get this tag today and couldn't figure out a single dirt road I could drop it on.
City Sickers

Motorcycles must be very big and loud and chromed, and must bark and smoke, and you only ride them on Sundays--Dear God that's not what a motorcycle is!!! Erik Buell
Snowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,692
I will go as soon as it gets dark......Hopefully Twitchy Glows in the Dark.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 15,095
Bring a flashlight to shine on him. Wait, you're the photographer.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,692

So a 40 mile radius. This map should be the area. Right? If so I am on my way to get twitchy.