ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #1936
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,956
Can someone with factory mufflers please give me the outlet diameter on the muffler.

Many thanks Andi
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #1937
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 937
Out Let

27mm ID
dogsslober is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 AM   #1938
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsslober View Post
27mm ID
Cheers man, appreciate it
Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #1939
Jarno
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thx for the quick reply guys!

600SS, GPZ500, Z750S, ADV990, ADV640, 950SUPERENDURO
Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:59 AM   #1940
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,076
Some questions

I recently got a 950se just after some onfo if possible please gentlemen,
# do the oem voltage regulators fail because of where they are located?,or have they got a internal oem problem?,if its heat related i will relocate it.
#the rottwieler filter system,is it a good thing?any dramas with dirt ingress if mounted and serviced to oem specs?
#any dramas with useing a mikuni diaphram pump instead of the oem pump? thanks
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #1941
Headbeater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Very happy with my 950 se and the rottwieier (spelling>?), but make sure you use a filter sock, like PC racing. I can remove my filter without removal of the fuel tank, saves lots of time and the extra power is nice.
Headbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #1942
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Had to pinch the little connectors a little on my turn sig, unplugging and plugging back in wasn't a nuff
Ok, crimped the little buggers this time, before crimping I noticed that when they were fully on they seem to sit not completely firm so now there is no dispute and they will need a tractor to pull them out, hopefully this will sort it.

Just need a battery and new front tire, of interest MT21 or Enduro 3 front in Salta Argentina ...... $250 USD , $50 in Peru!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #1943
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Oddometer: 244
Little Carburettor Problem...

I've got a small problem that's stumping me. Bike is stumbling at high speed 75+ mph and ultimately dies. Pull to the side, restart, repeat. If I don't whack it or run at a reasonable pace, it goes all day. Running a Motohooligan intake with reworked jetting from H2W - 45 low, 65 idle, 178f/180r main, IMS @ 2.5, 3.0+mm float. It's a bit rich at sea level, but fine at altitude.
One thing rather strange did occur during the clean and re-jet. There were no lower washers on the slide needles. I thought this strange, but there were no operational issues before this change, so I just reassembled and moved on. With all the other changes, could this be the source of my current issues?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #1944
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,312
Hmm... If it was just a jetting problem, I can't believe the bike would actually die. Your idle circuit seems right on so the bike should idle. To be clear, you're saying your bike stumbles at high speed and then your rpm goes to ZERO and you have to restart?

Sounds fuel related to me. Any kinked vent lines? Have you tried running with the gas cap open as a starting point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey_BS View Post
I've got a small problem that's stumping me. Bike is stumbling at high speed 75+ mph and ultimately dies. Pull to the side, restart, repeat. If I don't whack it or run at a reasonable pace, it goes all day. Running a Motohooligan intake with reworked jetting from H2W - 45 low, 65 idle, 178f/180r main, IMS @ 2.5, 3.0+mm float. It's a bit rich at sea level, but fine at altitude.
One thing rather strange did occur during the clean and re-jet. There were no lower washers on the slide needles. I thought this strange, but there were no operational issues before this change, so I just reassembled and moved on. With all the other changes, could this be the source of my current issues?

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #1945
DRJens
DRJens

Oddometer: 16
Fuelpump...
DRJens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #1946
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,879
Quote:
Needles at?
Ambient temperature?
If I got it right, if you open the thottle slowly it is fine up to 100% throttle, but it dies on hard acceleration, correct?
Also, I beileve you meant LEAN @ sea level, fine at altitude. Is there any case your problem appeared with dropped outside temperatures?
mousitsas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #1947
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
Hmm... If it was just a jetting problem, I can't believe the bike would actually die. Your idle circuit seems right on so the bike should idle. To be clear, you're saying your bike stumbles at high speed and then your rpm goes to ZERO and you have to restart?

Sounds fuel related to me. Any kinked vent lines? Have you tried running with the gas cap open as a starting point?
Not a problem with the tank. I swapped from the stock to the Safari, checked all the lines, filter is showing flow, and pump vacuum lines have no kinks. I popped the gas cap and the symptoms persist.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #1948
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 937
Quote:
Not a problem with the tank. I swapped from the stock to the Safari, checked all the lines, filter is showing flow, and pump vacuum lines have no kinks. I popped the gas cap and the symptoms persist.
Which fuel pump? stock, vacuum, facet? Sounds like it running it self out of fuel. Low float level maybe.
dogsslober is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #1949
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Needles at?
Ambient temperature?
If I got it right, if you open the thottle slowly it is fine up to 100% throttle, but it dies on hard acceleration, correct?
Also, I beileve you meant LEAN @ sea level, fine at altitude. Is there any case your problem appeared with dropped outside temperatures?
1) Third position. I can't help but think that it has something to do with no thin shim washers under the needles; but as I said, it ran fine before w/o them. I'm in search of those now.
2) 50 to 70degF. That's kind of the way it is here on the Central Coast.
3) Yeah, sorry about that. Lean, but not overly so.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #1950
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Quote:
Which fuel pump? stock, vacuum, facet? Sounds like it running it self out of fuel. Low float level maybe.
I'm running a vacuum pump and had similar thoughts. It does react similar to running dry. Next is to check with a Facet I've got lying around. It could be that, even though the vacuum line looks OK, it may not be pulling sufficiently. After that, it's the floats, although they were set just North of 3mm when I did the rebuild.