ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #2176
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 564
Yes I had the same problem with that tire - it is taller then most tires at100/100. Make sure your forks are dropped all the way in the triple clamps. Very noisy tire but wears very well but I now prefer the MT21. Their desert tractionator rear tire is by far my go to tire.

Yamaha TDR250

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #2177
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Any SE owners have a Tail Bag they'd recommend that could mount to a rear aluminum rack?

A tank bag is out since I ride up on the tank on this bike compared to my 990 adv, I'm interested in something like a Wolfman Peak tail bag, but they state it's mounting system may not be good enough for offroad. Don't want a Rollie since it'll be used like a tank bag (quick access to interior items)

Please let me know your ideas and experiences. This will be more for day rides
grant22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #2178
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,405
Guess who's fan is not working.

Checked the fuse and it's fine. Any other ideas?
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:58 AM   #2179
igrek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
check the sensor on the water cooler
igrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #2180
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
Any SE owners have a Tail Bag they'd recommend that could mount to a rear aluminum rack?

A tank bag is out since I ride up on the tank on this bike compared to my 990 adv, I'm interested in something like a Wolfman Peak tail bag, but they state it's mounting system may not be good enough for offroad. Don't want a Rollie since it'll be used like a tank bag (quick access to interior items)

I've had the Wolfman peak tail bag mounted for a couple of years with zero issues. I have it on a Touratech tail rack. It can attached in 2 ways, with hooks or you can just use the straps. I check it every now and then just like any other bag mounted. Not an issue. Its not waterproof, you need a cover..

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #2181
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrek View Post
check the sensor on the water cooler
You mean the thermostat or the is there another sensor on the radiator?
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #2182
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:

Have a look at a giant loop mojavi soft bag,i use it on my se and other bikes,nice good quality piece of kit.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #2183
twwhitey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:

I use a Kriega US10 on top of a black dog rear plate. Waterproof, rugged and not TOO big. Can be a pain to get into things deep in the bag but its low profile so it doesn't get in the way throwing a leg over the bike out in the bush

http://www.kriega.com/us-10-drybag/
Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #2184
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Oddometer: 219
Quote:

I've also been using the Kriega drybags for many years, also on a BlackDog plate. I've got US-10/US-20s that I combine in various ways. They are a bit fiddly, but once you get the set-up dialed, they work like a charm. I have a US-10 with my standard tools/supplies that I move from bike to bike.
In the picture below I've obviously slid a Rotopak underneath.

For Sale: Brand new '12 KTM 690ER Safari Tank http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post25402584
Monterey_BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #2185
frickenmotarded
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Cross post loopback from photo thread:

I currently have a GL Coyote that I used on my XRR but I may be 2 up at times so I'm looking into options aside from stepping up to a GL Great Basin which is still a possibility if the woman has zero desire to join me. Whats the preferred side soft luggage and rack combo. I see a lot of the Wolfman Expeditions on here.

How many of you have reinforced your sub frames and where is the normal failure point aka what needs to be strengthened?

I have a CJD LC8 rear rack and plan on tossing a 3 gal rotopax and now maybe a Kriega US10 on there.

Kriega, looks to be nice stuff and very versatile. Wonder how their US20 or 30 would do on a rack hanging off the side like the Wolfman Expeditions dry saddle bags.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #2186
oldfuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Quote:

For day rides and back and forth to work I only use the ktm-universal tail bag. best bag I've ever used for day rides. It removes in 15 seconds or less and installs in just a minute with no mounts (has strap/clips). I have it on my 1190 right now but swap it out on to my SE too (SE has a trail tech) rack. This bag will fit any rack that is tapered towards the back (like the stock 1190 rack). it will hold everything a tank bag will hold and you don't know its there. it's also a back pack when removed. Won't keep things dry during a downpour, but is good enough if you get caught in the rain. It also has a waterproof cover inside that you can put on and still ride the bike without it blowing off. it also stays put at speeds of 130+ mph…. so I've heard

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-universa...g-and-backpack
Attached Images

oldfuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #2187
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Ok, thx guys. I'm either going with the Wolfman 'Wolf' Tail bag or the KTM universal tail bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grant22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #2188
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Ok, thx guys. I'm either going with the Wolfman 'Wolf' Tail bag or the KTM universal tail bag.

Sorry,i got the wires crossed with what you were after.....re the giant loop mojavi
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:16 AM   #2189
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevh0 View Post
Guess who's fan is not working.

Checked the fuse and it's fine. Any other ideas?
First, check the coolant level in the radiator (not just the reservoir). If the coolant gets too low the fan switch won't operate. If it is low coolant you probably have a waterpump leaking coolant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #2190
oldfuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Quote:

Here's a pic with the Universal Tail Bag on my SE.
Attached Images

oldfuddy is offline   Reply With Quote