ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #2251
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
Not really a 'sale' as much as giving away, just pay for shipping. Some people like to have them in their camel bak as a back up.........especially since these can leave you stranded. And ktm doesn't sell these individually.

FYI, These points ARE available seperately, just not from KTM. K&L supply sells them for one...

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #2252
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
They're available on ebay too.
grant22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #2253
Boatman
Upward and onward!!

Oddometer: 10,272
Honda has them too,,, for waaaaayyyyyy more money.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #2254
CollinsB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
I have had the FMF Ti's on my bike since 06' The newer version are very different from the original version. I love the dual exhaust note on the SE.
RIDE ON!
After reading a number of great reviews, I decided to try a pair of Barrett exhaust cans... http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/photos.html
Should arrive next week. I'll update after mounted and tested.
CollinsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #2255
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Not sure if any SE owners would want, but this happened, and before it goes in the trash, it's up for grabs.

SE subframe, complete break/failure. Looks like with some TIG skills, you can have a complete back rear sub.

You can pickup at my home in AZ 86406 or at my work in CA 90710

This is with me at work right now, Harbor City, CA and can be picked up for free. Let me know.

grant22 screwed with this post 09-20-2014 at 12:10 PM
Old 09-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #2256
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfuddy View Post
Anybody have their safari get rubbed through underneath and leak?
Since no one has responded and you could probably use a data point, mine has not.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #2257
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Not sure if any SE owners would want, but this happened, and before it goes in the trash, it's up for grabs.
PM sent!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #2258
oldfuddy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney View Post
Since no one has responded and you could probably use a data point, mine has not.
Thanks, and thats great, hang on to it! I'm searching the OC threads as I recall seeing some discussion a while back about safari leaks, but haven't found any discussion where it rubbed through in a pressure point area. Even if I fix it it's still going to rub so it might be fruitless. It'll be a project for a rainy day, stocker back on and I have a rear aux tank. Cheers.
oldfuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #2259
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 878
Safari tank

Old Fuddy where / what did the tank rub on ? Maybe I should look at mine. Is it Possible to prevent this from happening.
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #2260
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfuddy View Post
Thanks, and thats great, hang on to it! I'm searching the OC threads as I recall seeing some discussion a while back about safari leaks, but haven't found any discussion where it rubbed through in a pressure point area. Even if I fix it it's still going to rub so it might be fruitless. It'll be a project for a rainy day, stocker back on and I have a rear aux tank. Cheers.
Mine has not rubbed through. Luckily, I caught the problem areas early in the process and was able to mitigate the problem with a tire tube. As for the repair, it should be doable. There is a plastic repair place in South Phoenix that does some high end repair work and has successfully fixed a safari tank that I once owned. The tank had nearly been cut in two (don't ask why). The repair was impressive and is still holding, a couple of years later. The shop is http://www.philipsplastics.com/
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #2261
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
To those of you who have installed center stands:

Any of you add center stands, then lengthened them a couple inches, then it seems the center stand is floppy in the UP position?

What fixes did u use? I'm considering 2 new springs to start out with.

Thx
I lengthened a short stand for my SE. External strengtheners before the foot lever, and with new springs it just about worked. It seemed heavy and lazy to come to the UP position. If you're having problems, be aware that the factory long stands have the foot lever remain the same distance from the mounting, and the extension is below the lever resulting in a lighter stand in the UP position. Wind the spring adjuster to max tension. Cheers.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #2262
oldfuddy
Studly Adventurer

don't panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsslober View Post
Old Fuddy where / what did the tank rub on ? Maybe I should look at mine. Is it Possible to prevent this from happening.

I've had two and they both rubbed in the same places. I'm not convinced they all rub, but many do. I wouldn't worry too much. If you haven't had it off in awhile it wouldn't hurt to check the next time you pull the tank for whatever reason. I put some rubber tubing on my current bike frame before I installed it and put some duct tape on the tank, but didn't know it was going to leak so that was a good mitigation strategy, just a little too late. below is a pic from one my previous SEs the tank was on and the areas it rubbed.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #2263
oldfuddy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
The repair was impressive and is still holding, a couple of years later. The shop is http://www.philipsplastics.com/
fantastic. Thanks much.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #2264
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
I lengthened a short stand for my SE. External strengtheners before the foot lever, and with new springs it just about worked. It seemed heavy and lazy to come to the UP position. If you're having problems, be aware that the factory long stands have the foot lever remain the same distance from the mounting, and the extension is below the lever resulting in a lighter stand in the UP position. Wind the spring adjuster to max tension. Cheers.

Ok, thx Ice rider

Mine is at max tension. I'm gonna try two new springs to start, then maybe sneak a third in there to help with more tension.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #2265
oldfuddy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
To those of you who have installed center stands:

Any of you add center stands, then lengthened them a couple inches, then it seems the center stand is floppy in the UP position?

What fixes did u use? I'm considering 2 new springs to start out with.

Thx
I didn't lengthen the stand, but both springs got weak with age and I was too cheap to buy new springs so I went to a local motorcycle salvage yard and matched up a spring the best I could and paid the guy a quarter at the counter and put it on right in the middle of the two springs. Ran three springs instead of two and it worked great.