User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #706
crillyiv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Service/Shop Manual, online?

Where can I get a Service/Shop Manual for my 2007 950 SE? I am hoping to get it online/downloadable so I can work on the bike this weekend.

I wouldn't mind a free one but have no problem paying a reasonable amount to a reputable source.

I am trying to sort an electrical problem and the schematic would be very helpful. I'm also planning on doing the cannisterectomy and would like the manual to guide me through removing the tank, airbox, etc.

Thanks, jim

dis aliter vissum

Don't Panic

2007 950 SE
2010 TE 510
crillyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #707
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,085
You can try this:

http://www.boltonmotorcycles.com/DownloadManuals.asp
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #708
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by crillyiv View Post
Where can I get a Service/Shop Manual for my 2007 950 SE? I am hoping to get it online/downloadable so I can work on the bike this weekend...

If you can find a downloadable version, that would (probably) be the way to go.

The KTM CD sucks. The SE is, definitely, an afterthought on the CD. You have to sort through the Adventure and SM-R stuff, and pick and choose the info. that pertains to the SE.

Just a friendly observation, before you spend your hard-earned cash...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #709
crillyiv
Adventurer

buildit,
Thanks. Those are parts manuals and not "how to", but the exploded diagrams will definitely help me figure it out on my own if I can't find the "how to" variety.

WARRIORPRINCEJJ,
Thanks for the heads up on the info in the CD.

I'd buy one anyway just because I'm programmed that way.

-added-

A new friend helped me out with the manuals.

dis aliter vissum

Don't Panic

2007 950 SE
2010 TE 510

crillyiv screwed with this post 07-18-2011 at 09:26 AM Reason: update original post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #710
crillyiv
Adventurer

Carb bowl venting question

I'm doing the canisterectomy and SAS removal. This includes removing the valve that is attached to the bottom of the airbox which is connected to the two vents from the right sides of the carbs.

The SE has two carb bowl vents per carb, with one set from the right side going down to a Y and through the bottom of the airbox to the valve that's being removed. I've read that those lines are left venting to the outside of the airbox, with some replacing them with two separate lines.

The lines from the left side of the airbox (coming off the brass fittings) go forward, join, and then are connected to the top of the airbox being routed out the snorkel to reach the top of the airbox. I've read that most cap these and only use the two from the right side which are vented outside the airbox.

I've read that the purpose of the two vents from the left side (coming off the brass fittings) is to provide venting and balanced air pressure to the bowls during deep water crossings.

I'm wondering if there's a reason why I shouldn't leave the two vents from the left side as they are (going to the top of the airbox) and also keep the two vents from the right side of the carbs which vent outside the airbox throught its bottom?

Thanks, jim

dis aliter vissum

Don't Panic

2007 950 SE
2010 TE 510

crillyiv screwed with this post 07-25-2011 at 06:36 PM
Old 08-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #711
muscly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Broken skidplate

I was doing a oil change, and I found the mountingbracket on the skidplate was off, and a bolt on the oiltank also.

The 950SE have only 4000km, I have tried it for fun on a mx-track.

I did not like this poor construction, and the bolts to the oiltank are very poor/thin too.....Cant anyone make a longer skidplate wich will be mounted to the frame, both in front and rear

Because 99,999% of the earth,
are not pavement.

muscly screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 10:04 AM
muscly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #712
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscly View Post
...I did not like this poor construction, and the bolts to the oiltank are very poor/thin too.....Cant anyone make a longer skidplate wich will be mounted to the frame, both in front and rear

Because of fact that the engine hangs in the trellis frame, I doubt that anyone would design a plate that mounts to the frame, front and rear.

However, I believe that the "Guard-it Technologies" (G-iT) plate mounts fore, aft, and midship.

A few of the guys have 'em, including Mark. Maybe they'll chime-in with better info.

I agree that the OEM plate offers limited coverage. And, I have seen a couple with hairline cracks on and near the mounting tabs...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #713
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
I was doing a oil change, and I found the mountingbracket on the skidplate was off, and a bolt on the oiltank also.

I did not like this poor construction, and the bolts to the oiltank are very poor/thin too.....Cant anyone make a longer skidplate wich will be mounted to the frame, both in front and rear

A couple weeks ago I found my skid plate bracket broken the exact same way. I don't think I've taken any real big hits...
I was just thinking Frans the welder had an off day. I'm just running three mounting points for now. I guess a proper replacement is in order.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #714
Duc9R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
This headlight aim sucks...

So if I do not crank down my headlight adjustment bolt, the headlight beam pattern does not point at the road in front of the bike. In order to get mine down, and to a respectable beam pattern, I had to crank it down so far, that the bottom of the headlight bucket touches the fender....

Same for all of you?

If not, suggestions?

Thanks,
--Ross

Gone: 2007 990 Adv, 2009 950 SE R Erzberg, 2005 999R, 2008 1098R, 2011 F1098S
Duc9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #715
Hodgo
TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer: 1,549
Yes Exactly the same with mine. Had to crank it all the way down till it looks like it can't go any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc9R View Post
So if I do not crank down my headlight adjustment bolt, the headlight beam pattern does not point at the road in front of the bike. In order to get mine down, and to a respectable beam pattern, I had to crank it down so far, that the bottom of the headlight bucket touches the fender....

Same for all of you?

If not, suggestions?

Thanks,
--Ross
www.facebook.com/KTM950SE
Retired.. CR500E & lots more
Hodgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #716
Duc9R
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgo View Post
Yes Exactly the same with mine. Had to crank it all the way down till it looks like it can't go any further.

Good to know that it is not just my bike.

Thanks!
Ross

Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #717
DangerMoney
Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc9R View Post
So if I do not crank down my headlight adjustment bolt, the headlight beam pattern does not point at the road in front of the bike.
I had to crank mine down but it doesn't touch the fender. I found that as I rode it started creeping back up again. I ended up puttting some caulk on the adjuster threads to keep it from moving anymore.
DangerMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #718
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney
... I ended up puttting some caulk on the adjuster threads to keep it from moving anymore.
I used TWO Lock Nuts - its still looser than I like

My 950SE headlamp housing touches the frt fender too, but I use two washers on rear bolts to shim the front fender
evenly over the tire.
I do this on all of my bikes
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #719
Schannulleke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:

Mine broke in the exact same spot as your picture. At that moment the bike had never seen an offroad/gravel road.
Schannulleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #720
Duc9R
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
I used TWO Lock Nuts - its still looser than I like

My 950SE headlamp housing touches the frt fender too, but I use two washers on rear bolts to shim the front fender
evenly over the tire.
I do this on all of my bikes

Good idea.
I also got extra rubber bushings from KTM to see if physically moving the housing up will solve it. Pics to follow. $13 solution?

More soon