Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #31
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,152
Evans NPG+ coolant

http://www.evanscooling.com/

Lifetime coolant eh? Well 500K is lifetime for most things. no water - no pressure needed. freezing point below -100 and boils above 350...

Sounds like a miracle!

Anyone interested? Some fellas around here have trouble with cooling in the hot areas (Florida)

Here is the only thread I found on site:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=evans+coolant

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #32
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
Good replies all, keep it up. Is there anyone out there that looked at the same parameters and came to a different solution-KLR,DR,Dakar, Honda? What made you go that way? Thanks.

Jurgen
I think the bikes which have a very similar focus to the 640 (Enduro anyway) are the DR650 & the Husky TE610. My mechanic & riding buddy basically said I was dead to him if I bought a Husky - I totally respect his opinion so that ruled out the TE610. If the budget had been a bit lower I might have got a DR, but the out of-the-box dirt ability of the KTM seemed well worth the extra coin.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #33
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
As a so-called re-entry rider, I wanted a dirt bike that I could ride on the street, and carry enough gear to travel in Mexico. I almost bought a neighbors XR650L, but someting just wasn't right about it. Not comfortable enough for how poor the suspension was, maybe? The DR 650 got a look, but the suspension needed upgrading, as well as the tank, and handlebars, and...

I ended up buying a KTM Adventure sight unseen, but I had read a fair bit on the beast. I wanted something that could go fast offroad, big enough for the highway, strong enough to carry touring payloads, and not require much additional spending, as my wife would be pissed. I have bought different sized countershaft sprockets, a new chain, new rear sprocket, tankbag, oil & filters. Thats about it. I just got Pastrana FMX bars that I haven't put on yet. My buddy bought a brand new DR 650, and he dropped far more coin on his big tank & skidplate in his first week of ownership. The bike still needs help (not bashing!) compared to mine, but it suits him well.

A lot of bike for the money .

So AussieRob, ever find paint for your luscious blue beast? I want to repaint my tank & mask someday, so I hit up everyone with a "good looking" Adventure.

Dunno if you remember Australia II winning the America's Cup, but I just saw my old mate Grant Simmer this evening here in Houston. He was the navigator in 1983.

Cheers,

Paolo
Old 11-11-2004, 06:21 PM   #34
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,314
As I've mentioned many times in this site, I love my LC4. I have yet to find a bike that is a better overall package. With that said, I can't wait to see what KTM is going to bring us with the new LC4 package. Hopefully less weight, a 6-speed, and less vibration. Then, and only then, would I consider selling my bike and upgrading.

KTM if you are listening, bring out a new and improved LC4 enduro and Adventure. You have a lot of loyal customers that would buy!!!!!!
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
I only like two kinds of women, foreign and domestic
dirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #35
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider
As I've mentioned many times in this site, I love my LC4. I have yet to find a bike that is a better overall package.............

KTM if you are listening, bring out a new and improved LC4 enduro and Adventure. You have a lot of loyal customers that would buy!!!!!!
I hate my ADV and my Duke sucks, I think it's time to get a KLR............
Old 11-11-2004, 09:10 PM   #36
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider
As I've mentioned many times in this site, I love my LC4. I have yet to find a bike that is a better overall package. With that said, I can't wait to see what KTM is going to bring us with the new LC4 package. Hopefully less weight, a 6-speed, and less vibration. Then, and only then, would I consider selling my bike and upgrading.

When will the new LC4 package appear? mid 2005?

Jurgen

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #37
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:

Jurgen
my magic 8-ball says "don't count on it"

Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #38
nvklrgirl
Mrs. kdxkawboy

Oddometer: 1,294

Very interesting and useful information. Thanks guys!
nvklrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:59 PM   #39
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Seeing that the Duke 990's US release has been pushed back to 2006! I doubt a new and improved D/S is much of priority, and even if it is, IMHO, KTM is unlikely to dedicate their seemingly limited/overtaxed production capacity to this bike. (At least here in the USofA the dealers I have talked to, are frustrated with their inability to get ahold of current models.)
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 AM   #40
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
http://www.evanscooling.com/

Lifetime coolant eh? Well 500K is lifetime for most things. no water - no pressure needed. freezing point below -100 and boils above 350...

Sounds like a miracle!

Anyone interested? Some fellas around here have trouble with cooling in the hot areas (Florida)

Here is the only thread I found on site:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=evans+coolant
I'm interested. I am going to try and sort through my cooling problem this weekend (when its cool!) and once I get that sorted, will likely go with the stuff. Similar stuff is in both cars (OEM.) They sell another product to prep your cooling system if you are switching over for the first time.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:59 AM   #41
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiti
I'm interested. I am going to try and sort through my cooling problem this weekend (when its cool!) and once I get that sorted, will likely go with the stuff. Similar stuff is in both cars (OEM.) They sell another product to prep your cooling system if you are switching over for the first time.
I was diggin on the net and came across some Ford Truck forum where they were talkin about it. Mostly believers, some for years, a few naysayers. But there was talk that old engines might need a "cleaning" to remove "SCA" buildup from the engine. One fella said something called RMI-25 was recommended to him. Evans has a "coolant flush" they sell there - probably a safe bet.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:45 AM   #42
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Quote:

Jurgen
It's doubtful we'll see it that soon, but KTM IS working on a new LC4 replacement. That came from the top. As others have already said, the 950/990 projects as well as the RFS250 SX probably have priority. As much as we all love our beloved LC4's, it still comes down to business and I'm sure EXC's were outselling LC4's at about 100 to 1 in the states. But I do believe, as Suzuki has proven with the DRZ400, that if KTM were to come out with a lightweight, powerful, and smooth replacement, that sales would increase in that segment.
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
Old 11-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #43
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Creep - you've been awfully quite the last couple of days. You started this great thread, now lets get some input.
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
Old 11-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #44
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
My cooling system's working just fine, but I've seen this Evans stuff mentioned enough to wanna try it anyway. Improved cooling and reliability out in the desert mountains sounds like a nice prospect. Hell, I might even try it my truck. It doesn't overheat, but I tossed a blower onto it and localized hot spots cause occasional preignition when they're set up this way.

Rapiti, if you decide to go this route, please keep us posted with a new thread specific to Evans (for easy searching).
Old 11-12-2004, 09:50 AM   #45
AusieRob
Just Gas It!!

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
A lot of bike for the money .
Hmmm... A lota of money for a lota bike

Quote:
Dunno if you remember Australia II winning the America's Cup, but I just saw my old mate Grant Simmer this evening here in Houston. He was the navigator in 1983.
Do I Remember!! S**T, I'm still recovering from the hangover... Man, that was a party plus in Oz that day. The day we gave it big time to those cheatin' yanks. Oops... I live here now

Don't know anything about the paint other than its the best paint scheme that has ever been or ever will be on a Adv... Hey Paolo

"Locusts...." :uhhuh
AusieRob is offline   Reply With Quote