Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #4306
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,422
How 'bout if I just show part of my bike? I installed the Saddlemen track-style adventure seat. Very easy bolt-on. Installs the same way as the OEM. No chance to evaluate it yet because of persistent winter-like weather :mad: It seams very well made, and is firmer than the OEM saddle. I'll share some more impressions when mother nature allows the chance to ride for any substantial distance.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #4307
MooMoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
How 'bout if I just show part of my bike? I installed the Saddlemen track-style adventure seat. Very easy bolt-on. Installs the same way as the OEM. No chance to evaluate it yet because of persistent winter-like weather :mad: It seams very well made, and is firmer than the OEM saddle. I'll share some more impressions when mother nature allows the chance to ride for any substantial distance.
I would like to see how that seat looks on the S10 and look forward to your review.
MooMoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #4308
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
I would like to see how that seat looks on the S10 and look forward to your review.
I tried to post a pic in the OP, but I guess ADV Rider doesn't like pics hosted by Tapatalk, cuz the link kept vanishing *poof* Here's a half-assed photo from my Galaxy S3a taken inside a garage.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #4309
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Farkles added.

Good... I see the bike is ready to a nice off road trip in Spain..

Really nice
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #4310
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,990
Quote:
I tried to post a pic in the OP, but I guess ADV Rider doesn't like pics hosted by Tapatalk, cuz the link kept vanishing *poof* Here's a half-assed photo from my Galaxy S3a taken inside a garage.

Tengina?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #4311
MooMoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:

Looks good. What are your initial thoughts of the seat? How is the height and width compared to the stock one?
Sorry, not trying to jack the thread. I'm just curious as I am looking to get a replacement seat and I have not heard much about the Saddlemen seats.
MooMoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #4312
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 372
Here are a few new ones... Better ones on the way...

Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #4313
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

http://i1135.photobucket.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #4314
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

What's the verdict on the Ohlins.

Oh and Jaumev, you might have to up your game now.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #4315
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
What's the verdict on the Ohlins.

Oh and Jaumev, you might have to up your game now.
Im going to post a much more spacific post when its dialed in. I think we have it almost there.

The natural thing to say is how awesome it feels, Etc, Etc.. But the nuts and bolts of it is nothing beats suspension set up for a riders weight and riding style. Much more refined, 100% better off road, the compression and rebound actually do something on the Ohlins. On road and the light off road Ive done so far is smoother and in more control. I don't get the soft mush I was getting before. And in the corners you can push harder and there is no wondering or undulation, feels much more planted at many variable speeds. I can hammer on it, and it gets smoother at speed on the little of road Ive done (so far). And on the same hand its very much in control and planted on the high-way / roads.. Another thing I noticed right off the bat was when you kick it off the center stand it doesn't burn up have the travel under its own weight. The sag is very close to proper now and makes a big difference.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #4316
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
Good... I see the bike is ready to a nice off road trip in Spain..

Really nice
Thanks, yes but first you have a trip to Morocco to think about

I will let you know some dates soon and hope that we can work something out.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #4317
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post
Im going to post a much more spacific post when its dialed in. I think we have it almost there.

The natural thing to say is how awesome it feels, Etc, Etc.. But the nuts and bolts of it is nothing beats suspension set up for a riders weight and riding style. Much more refined, 100% better off road, the compression and rebound actually do something on the Ohlins. On road and the light off road Ive done so far is smoother and in more control. I don't get the soft mush I was getting before. And in the corners you can push harder and there is no wondering or undulation, feels much more planted at many variable speeds. I can hammer on it, and it gets smoother at speed on the little of road Ive done (so far). And on the same hand its very much in control and planted on the high-way / roads.. Another thing I noticed right off the bat was when you kick it off the center stand it doesn't burn up have the travel under its own weight. The sag is very close to proper now and makes a big difference.
Thank you for a real world report. Now, gulp, approximate cost? Or is it one of those "If you have to ask" things?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #4318
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Thank you for a real world report. Now, gulp, approximate cost? Or is it one of those "If you have to ask" things?
I am awaiting delivery of a simple YACUGAR unit at £660 ($1000) in the UK. A simple OHLINS was £1000 ($1500).

I needed a stronger shock to take all the weight that I carry and they are currently putting it together to my specs. I did not need a high end one as my 2 up loaded weight will be constant for the next year and once set, the preload will be constant.

Tabasco's is a high end unit and will probably be over $2000.

YACUGAR are a Dutch company who formed from the technicians that were WP (White Power Suspension) before KTM bought WP and moved the operation to Austria.

see: http://www.yacugar.com/

There is a US distributor,
Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #4319
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TABASCO~ View Post

Hmm...almost like I have been preaching all along!

Enjoy that bling! Suspension is THE BEST mod you can do if you ride your bike spiritedly in ANY conditions.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #4320
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I am awaiting delivery of a simple YACUGAR unit at £660 ($1000) in the UK. A simple OHLINS was £1000 ($1500).

I needed a stronger shock to take all the weight that I carry and they are currently putting it together to my specs. I did not need a high end one as my 2 up loaded weight will be constant for the next year and once set, the preload will be constant.

Tabasco's is a high end unit and will probably be over $2000.

YACUGAR are a Dutch company who formed from the technicians that were WP (White Power Suspension) before KTM bought WP and moved the operation to Austria.

see: http://www.yacugar.com/

There is a US distributor,

Do you know how much that is in KLR dollars???

Or three Woody's back wheel replacements.