Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
SuperStreet OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
While My Wife's Away..

Hi all brave souls..

I have a great passion for travel riding a motorcycle. I really enjoyed the intimacy with the surrounding whenever I'm on my bike, everywhere I go. I love the idea to go places, taking good pictures, and the best thing is, I can pull over anywhere I desire with bike, sometimes just to enjoy God's creations.

But somehow, my wife think otherwise. For her Motorcycling is DANGEROUS and high risk activity.... I have to convince her over and over again every time I want to travel on a bike. I love my wife very much, and the last thing on my mind is to give her another headache...

But Lord Almighty have a very compromising way for both of us... My wife stood a chance to get another level of education at Lancaster University this year.. Started October 2009 and last for a full year. She was really happy... so was I....

As soon she left town, I started to roll.. I only have one two wheeler in my garage. It used to be my weekend-joyride bike :

... but I had it transformed into some tuff Street Machine called Orange Express :

And here goes my story...

SuperStreet screwed with this post 12-21-2009 at 10:19 AM
SuperStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
SuperStreet OP
Adventurer

I made my first official long range traveling to attend National Jamboree of Honda CB 25-26 Oct 09 held on a camping ground at Jatinangor West Java. I never saw so many CB's on a single area like this...
My bike has proven its reliability through mountains and flat surfaces..

The next week, I traveled solo to Bandung and managed to see Tangkuban Perahu.. I changed the exhaust system so the engine can produce more power at high RPM.. and it satisfied me again..

And the wild thought started to tickle me, what am I gonna do for new year eve? I sick and tired doing the same boozing nights and end up totally forgot about what happened last night..

Then I came up with "Bali will be a great place to spend new year eve".
From that moment on, I started to train myself and my bike for the mega journey. Luckily, I found companions with the same interest for this kind of challenge.

We begin our training to Garut West Java..
That was my lil brother on my left and my best friend on my right. They both in the Bali team. This time I had another upgrade, wider and stickier tires, lighter alloy wheels, bigger front disc and rear drum, braided brake line, and smaller rear gear ratio.

It was a complete track we had through, mountains, flat, heavy rain, cold, dark, off road and mud.. and we managed to go home safely.

A week later, we had our 2nd training Trip to Pelabuhan Ratu West Java.

And the last training trip is to Way Kambas, Lampung, 11-12 Dec 09. This was my first experience across island...

It was a real elephant..

One of them tried to play road-block with us.. Sorry pal, you just way too big to play with..

This view is amazing.. too bad my camera is not..

My first sunrise-sunset combo..

Sunrise @Lampung

Sunset @Merak

Now, I'm sitting by the hour glass.. ticking for Dec 26th 09, when the real journey begin...

SuperStreet screwed with this post 12-21-2009 at 10:21 AM
Old 12-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Nice pics, I'm ready for more. I like the mods you've made to the bike. One of these days I'll get out and take a great trip on a small machine. It just seems to make things more epic when you're not on a huge touring machine.

Enjoy the time away from your wife,
George
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
SuperStreet OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield
Nice pics, I'm ready for more. I like the mods you've made to the bike. One of these days I'll get out and take a great trip on a small machine. It just seems to make things more epic when you're not on a huge touring machine.

Enjoy the time away from your wife,
George
Thank you for your support George.
Small machine like mine draws people attention. When i told them that I'm going to travel 1000 miles they always think I will do it with big bike. But when I told them it's an old '73 100cc Honda, they really think I'm not gonna make it... That will be a real challenge, don't you think pal?

Andi
Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
kaipara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Very nice!
Lets have some more photos of your riding area.
Cheers
kaipara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
SuperStreet OP
Adventurer

Here some pics from my earlier journey

One fine Gulf @Pelabuhan Ratu West Java

I stayed in this seaside bungalow

Tea plantation Road

Lampung Road

Elephant Ride

Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
scraper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
awesome photos! awesome bike! thanks for posting. ill be watching this thread for sure.
scraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Keep ths pics coming. I do have a question. What is the little digital display on your bars? It looks a little like a wideband O2 readout, but 15.4 is kinda lean for an air:fuel ratio.

I have a '78 Honda CB400TII that I am slowly turning into a scrambler type ADV bike with plans to do a 3,500 mile dirt/pavement loop of the southwest USA and maybe a little into Baja when I'm finished (goal is spring/summer of 2011) Reports like this inspire me to get out there and work on my project bike and spend less time riding my VFR800.

Have fun,
George
Old 12-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
hensons
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
I miss those long rides with friends. Havent gotten out to do one in a while. Ill get back on it tho!
hensons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
artnet
i'm a motorcyclist

Oddometer: 91
great pictures .... can't wait for your RR at bali

www.daddynaeva.wordpress.com

artnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,222
SuperStreet on the road again

Nice pictures, and a very nice adventure.

It is very interesting to see you do those adventure rides on a CB100. I thought it was adventurous of me to do those type of rides on my 1991 CB250.

When I was 17 years old and my brother was 16 years old, we rode our 1966 Suzuki S-32 (150cc twin cyclinder-new bikes) from Oregon to norther British Columbia, Canada on a two month adventure. We were almost to Yukon territory when it was time to head home.

Keep up with your adventure rides and the wonderful pictures.

Here is a picture of my CB250 Adventure bike on a 600 mile camping trip to the central Oregon high desert. I rode solo to meet up with friends for camping and chasing jack rabbits.

The dirt road had deep dust and sand, making it difficult to ride, so chose the cow trail for easier riding.

Dave
Attached Images

smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
bones_708
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Love the old vintage bikes

One of my problems is I just don't fit on them worth a darn. I've got an 74 cb360 and it looks like a kids bike when I'm on it. My Suzuki tc120? Like a bear on a toy bike.
bones_708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,505
Enjoying the words and pics SuperStreet. Ride safe and keep posting the great pictures.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
SuperStreet OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanfield
Keep ths pics coming. I do have a question. What is the little digital display on your bars? It looks a little like a wideband O2 readout, but 15.4 is kinda lean for an air:fuel ratio.

I have a '78 Honda CB400TII that I am slowly turning into a scrambler type ADV bike with plans to do a 3,500 mile dirt/pavement loop of the southwest USA and maybe a little into Baja when I'm finished (goal is spring/summer of 2011) Reports like this inspire me to get out there and work on my project bike and spend less time riding my VFR800.

Have fun,
George
It's actually a Voltmeter George. My bike has Full DC on its electrical system, therefore it relies completely to the battery. The Voltmeter give me information whether the charging is good or bad. 15.4 means I had more than 12 volts charging current.. bad news comes if the reading shows bellow 11.8, which means I have less than 12 volts of charging and it will slowly consume my battery spare power. If it does then I must immediately have it check or repair.

Keep the spirit on George, it's a very different satisfaction when you ride on a custom made bike like mine... I'm sure you'll gonna enjoy it as well...

@Smillin jack : Thank you for stopped by Dave. Your CB250 has drum on front if I'm not mistaken? Did you experience any difficulties after crossing waters like river? Mine used to have drum on front also, but it faded after I went thru a heavy flooded area, practically that time I had no brake at all.. But overall, your bike is one tuff adventure machine, i like it.

@Trophy1298 : Thank you m8, safety is my priority, so I can go home in one piece and share my story with u guys. Cheers...

@Artnet : Thank you for your great support here and there... Your words keeps me fired up bro..

SuperStreet screwed with this post 12-21-2009 at 09:48 PM
Old 12-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
Jedediah
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
Very Nice

Thank you for posting.

I have always wanted to ride an Elephant. Really!

Jed.
09 BMW R1200GS ADVENTURE

"We are all going to die of something if we live long enough!." My Father
Jedediah is offline   Reply With Quote