ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #196
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMindset
Let Me know what You think of it....I've been considering one !
I got one last Dec for xmass, i had a hard time seeing it will riding, a very small screen. I ended up getting a zumo 550, but have not had a chance to try it out yet. I will say the maps are easier to use and the routes are easier to set up with the Delorme...I was going to sell my PN-40 but thinking I will use the two on longer trips as they do seem to compliment one another. The Garmin has a great data base of stuff, gas stations etc....

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #197
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMindset
Let Me know what You think of it....I've been considering one !
So far I like it. It can zoom far out and still keep street detail, better than garmen. Tracks are WAY more deteiled. Not so much stright line connecting points, but actual location. I could eveb seen where I parked on a curb of a street.

Screen is a bit small but I go for the way better detail and metter tracking/maps.
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #198
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

I admit it show you everything (PN 40) one my last major track it showed where I turfed it....my speed read 22 mph on "dot" and "o" the next......then it just sat there till someone came and got that pig off me....
Jousting 101...

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #199
Memnok
Fly high, go far.

Oddometer: 347
Aaaaaaand the XR is back on the road!

----------------------------------
Good government is no substitute for self-government. Mahatma Gandhi

That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. - Thomas Jefferson
Memnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #200
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Sorry I was wrong it is Trumbull Peak and here is the info from the website

Adventure Ride - Trumbull Peak, Sunday Sept 19th
We just scouted the route to Trumbull Peak this past Sunday and it looks great! Click the picture to the right to get an idea of the view we will enjoy while eating lunch on the trail! Be sure to bring your camera!

99% of this ride is very friendly beginner level riding. The final 1/2 mile climb to the top of Trumbull Peak has a grade about as steep as a mountain driveway. It is very ridable for a beginner with a tiny amount of "go for it" ! The off-road portion of this ride is aprox 45 miles.

We will be meeting at Cycle Specialties at 8:30AM with the ride starting at 9:00AM. We will also be stopping in Coulterville at 10:30AM for anyone that would like to meet up. Be sure to pack water, camera and lunch!

Maybe see you there..
Whats up everyone..... Darren let me know I needed to check in. I had no idea we had a thread dedicated to Stanislaus, Mariposa, Tuolumne etc!

The ride to Trumbull Peak is pretty easy. The final 1/2 mile is alittle steep (like a driveway) but everything else is easy.

Bob - Bring the KLR.

Andrew - Howz it going my man?! It'll be great if you can make it out tomorrow!

Ride leaves Cycle Specialties at 9:00. We should pull in to Coulterville around 10:30.

Bring a lunch, water and a camera. The views rock!

Calikatoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #201
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
I'll definately be there in the AM. I will be riding my DR350 up to Coulterville and meeting you guys there. I put a new seat pad on today... hopefully it will be a little more comfy for these longish rides. Also bought a new MX helmet and goggles today so I should be a little more comfortable in the dirty stuff than with my full-face street helmet.

I'll have a GPS for making a track of the ride and putting it up on my website. I love riding/driving in this area so this should be fun!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #202
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp
I'll definately be there in the AM. I will be riding my DR350 up to Coulterville and meeting you guys there. I put a new seat pad on today... hopefully it will be a little more comfy for these longish rides. Also bought a new MX helmet and goggles today so I should be a little more comfortable in the dirty stuff than with my full-face street helmet.

I'll have a GPS for making a track of the ride and putting it up on my website. I love riding/driving in this area so this should be fun!
Yes, a track will be nice as I originally wanted to go but instead "get" to go to the inlaws for lunch......
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #203
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Pics from today's ride

Trumbell Peak lookout station in Stanislaus National Forest.

Only thing taking up residence here these days...

True story... was gonna pee right there... until I looked down and saw him literaly about a foot from my legs. Needless to say, I found another place to do my business because that spot was obviously taken.

Was a fun ride. Good turnout. Really dusty though.

I'll try and get a track log up on my website tomorrow evening.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #204
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Great ride everyone! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

Darren - what is your website address? I'd like to check it out.

-Gail
Old 09-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #205
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

PS. Next ride is Sunday October 24th.

Not sure where just yet. I may go scout a loop on the county roads at Clear Creek next weekend.

Darren mentioned the Donner Train Tunnels too.

Both ideas sound pretty awesome!

Anyone else have a ride idea?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #206
Memnok
Fly high, go far.

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikatoom
Not sure where just yet. I may go scout a loop on the county roads at Clear Creek next weekend.
Here is a link to one of the Clear Creek rides from the south bay group. At the end I believe there is a GPS track.

----------------------------------
Good government is no substitute for self-government. Mahatma Gandhi

That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. - Thomas Jefferson
Memnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #207
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

As promised... gpx of Sunday's ride to Trumbull Peak uploaded to my site... http://www.1darren1.com/home/gpx-files-of-adventures

Unfortunately, this knuclehead did not turn on his GPS until well into the ride. What we did was start in Coulterville and take Dogtown Rd all the way to Greely Hill Rd and then to Old Coulterville Rd. The track picks up several miles up Old C Rd when we stopped for our first break. Well actually I wasn't a knucklehead... my bike was the only one there with a kickstart and by the time I was on my bike ready to start the starting procedure, everyone else had pushed their magic button and was ready to go and my gps was deep in my tankbag.

A couple more pics...

dtp screwed with this post 09-20-2010 at 08:09 PM
dtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #208
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Mightly quite!!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #209
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Mightly quite!!!
Plan a ride!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #210
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Need a bike!!! I am still down with repairs to body and bike...
Perhaps mid October....

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]