ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #226
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikatoom
Sunday October 24th- Cycle Specialties Dual Sport Ride

Update: We had 300-400 people at the shop today for Oktoberfest. I got to talk to a bunch of riders and most everybody is up for Donner Train tunnels. (don't worry - Jerseydale will still be there in November!)

The plan will still need some detail. I anticipate an early start from Modesto and perhaps a stop or two along the way to pick up more riders.

Stay tuned......
I won't be able to go (nuts since it was my suggestion) but be advised... apparently I-80 is an absolute mess right now. Down to one lane and controlled traffic in many areas... lots of accidents... takes a lot of time to get from A to B.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #227
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman
Nice,
That's what I get for showing off, too bad that part isn't recorded. You got every bit of the bad part, but none of the silliness that got me there.

Thanks, that made me laugh.
Yeah, I wish had a "hero" shot to go with those. The next previous picture, you are behind a tree..... oh well!
Calikatoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #228
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer: 199
Going for a ride.

Im gonna go for a ride from Columbia to Beardsley tomorrow. I'm gonna try to be at Columbia park around 10-1030 or so if anybody wants to go. Red ford f-150 with a DR350 in the back. Gonna run Columbia up Itialian Bar Rd/4n01 w/stops at Mt. Knight and Crandal Peak to the dam at Beardsley, the slab it back from Strawberry. Sould be about 100 miles round trip......
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #229
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Wife and I took the Subaru to the Bourland Trestle off FR31 today. It's kind of between Long Barn and Cottonwood Rd. Conditions are perfect for riding right now. Roads were moist but not muddy so no dust at all.

Thinking of maybe taking the bike up there next weekend. Will post a few shots of what's left of the trestle later. Pretty impressive even though it's not all there anymore. The original route we tried to take there was blocked by a rock slide. Can't get the Subaru through but a bike could make it easily. We had to backtrack a few miles and take a different way there. It's definately a big-bike friendly route.

I'll also put a track up on my website tomorrow sometime. Pretty tired now.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #230
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

A couple of pics of Bourland Trestle.

Never ceases to astonish me how many cool things we have access to so close to home!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #231
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Hey guys, I had other stuff going on for the past month so, I didn't have much time for riding. Anyone want to ride on Tuesday or Wednesday (12-13)?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #232
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Cant make it mid week, I just took two weeks off from work, but I did get the bike back up and running...four weeks down..Ribs healed, backed better and knee....well two out of three ...thinking of trying to make a run over 120 next weekend and maybe overnight around Mono lake.....anyone interestd....still not 100 percent sure I can get the time from work, we seem to have gotten busy in my absence.

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #233
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer: 199
I put up some pictures from todays ride in the West catagory, Columbia to Stawberry.....

Ill try to put up the rout later...basically Itilian Bar Rd to 4N01....
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #234
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Cant make it mid week, I just took two weeks off from work, but I did get the bike back up and running...four weeks down..Ribs healed, backed better and knee....well two out of three ...thinking of trying to make a run over 120 next weekend and maybe overnight around Mono lake.....anyone interestd....still not 100 percent sure I can get the time from work, we seem to have gotten busy in my absence.
I might be able too? Let me know if you if get the green light to go.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #235
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Not looking good, I got a plane that has to get finished by next Friday, going to need to work the weekend....maybe next....hope this weather holds!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #236
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Not looking good, I got a plane that has to get finished by next Friday, going to need to work the weekend....maybe next....hope this weather holds!!
Hey Mr. B!

Who are you and what do you do for a living? :)

I am intrigued - A guy in Merced with an F800GS. Did we sell that bike to you by chance?

Airplanes - I have helped build on various homebuild projects over the years. My Dad is a pilot and I grew up around airplanes!

Do we know each other?

-Gail
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #237
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Gail,
No I did not purchase the bike from you guys, I got it from Tanner and Jack in Fresno. Not to say I have not visited your fine store....
Actually work for a charter airline, we operate 737's flying mostly on East coast. I am the Maintenance Foreman for the hangar here at Castle, we perform all heavy maintenance, teardown and rebuild every two years...
Trying to make your ride on the 24th, depends on work and what not...Next time I am up in Modesto, i will stop by an say Howdy!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #238
Jett5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
That bridge looks pretty cool! I would like to see that some time....
Jett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #239
Calikatoom
Norcal Moto Nut

Just throwing an FYI out to the world.
I'll be watching the weather closely as a possible rain storm might pass North of us. It might also rain on our heads.
I will be posting updates on Pashnit, SBR, ADVrider and my E-Newsletter later in the week if the rain comes.
If the weather is going to be lousy, we will have to cancel this Sunday.
Keep your fingers crossed!
Gail
Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #240
David13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
I like your title. San Andreas to Oakhurst.
Friday the 14th of October I started in Oakhurst, with two compadres, Joe and Franz on their Ducatis. We went thru' the park on 41 north, which was in fine condition, and we waited only a few minutes for the construction delay.
We stopped at Evergreen Lodge for lunch. There they headed toward home thru Coulterville. I went first out to Hetch Hetchy, then back to 120 on Camp Mather road.
Then north on 49, Rawhide Road, San Andreas, Jackson, and stopped for the night in Pioneer.
After some riding on Saturday, including Charleston Road south from Shake Ridge into Volcano, back to Pioneer.
Sunday I made the return trip from Jackson to Oakhurst thru' Yosemite Village. And got some good rain in the 16 miles to Oakhurst from the park exit.
All excellent roads. Sunday on 41 south, wide open. No construction on Sunday, and because of the clouds, few tourists.
And the road is about 98 % complete. Last month I skipped 41 and made the same run on 49 thru Coulterville.
All nice roads up there.
dc
[HTML][/html]
David13 is offline   Reply With Quote