ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #526
jabreu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
from Fairfield CA

Hello all,
This is Jerry from Fairfield as you can see. I am a ways away from you lucky people that live so close yo great riding. I would like to see this thread continue. Seems things have slowed a bit. I Would love to come up say to Sonora or Twaine Heart, Murphy's , heck I can go almost anywhere. I am no youngster 58 still healing from neck surgery in in march.so as you would expect a bit slow, All that being said. I still have a lot of riding in me. I ride a dr 650.. I am still off work so I can do weekdays.
Keep up this thread. [IMG]wilbur spring 018[/IMG]
jabreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #527
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Jerry
I am also recovering form some surgery, knee for me, but am able to sit on a bike for a couple of hours, done some light off road stuff since the surgery but nothing too stressful.
I am in Merced and if you are ever up for some riding in that area, lets plan something. I was up to Dodge Ridge yesterday and enjoyed the cool weather, it is fixing to get hot here the next few weeks so the higher the better!
Off work too, but seems I might be heading out for a contract back east in a few weeks. If not I would be up for some riding, I ride a BMW F800.
Heal Fast
Bruce

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #528
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

This thread seems almost "done"!!!!
Anyone out there interested in doing some riding this fall?

Anyone?

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #529
Corinthiano
Lost & PROUD of it!

Oddometer: 35
Done? Wait a minute, I just got here, it can't be 'done' already.

Yes, I'd definitely like to ride, especially now that it's finally getting a little cooler.

Volvo S80, Porsche 914 w/Subaru WRX engine (Zilla)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1150R, BMW R65LS, Suzuki DR650SE
Corinthiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #530
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Been doing some exploring in the area bordered between Highway 140, hwy 49 and hwy 41 the area between Mariposa and Yosemite. Some of the stuff is really off the beaten path and I have been instructed by my wife to not ride it alone, so if anyone is interested one weekend, when it cools off I am in !!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 08-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #531
jabreu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Mr B
I am going back to work in about three weeks so I will have to come your way soon, Do you know of camping spots in the area you speak of?
jabreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #532
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

I am up for riding pretty much any weekend and on occasion Wed or Thursdays...

I ride an F800 so nothing super technical but let me know and we can find a meeting place.....I am in Merced

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #533
Memnok
Fly high, go far.

Oddometer: 347
Sorry, I had other plans yesterday. My other hobby has been neglected for too long:

----------------------------------
Good government is no substitute for self-government. Mahatma Gandhi

That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. - Thomas Jefferson
Memnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #534
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks Nice, used to watch that at Point of the Mountain , just south of Salt Lake, always wanted to learn..

Planning on riding some this weekend, been finding some new (to me ) roads east of Mariposa heading up from Jerseydale Road. Headed up Hite 4WD trail last weekend, but it got too steep and off camber for me alone!!!
Anyone interested in riding that area...was thinking of trying to head over to Devils Peak Fire lookout and then back on Chowchilla Mt Road....
Anyone know that area??

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #535
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Hey everyone, I'm back on the forum. It's been awhile for me. I had a lot of crap going on over the summer. Unfortunately, not much riding, I'm looking to get back on the bike. Who's got some good ideas? I recently moved back to the Angels Camp area. Anyone know of some good riding spots in Calaveras, Amador, or Toulumne counties?

Hi Bruce.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #536
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Jason,
Glad to see you are still with us!!

Been riding a bit mostly around Mariposa.

Seems you should have some pretty good riding out your backdoor!!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #537
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah, there should be? I have'nt been up here in almost 20 years. I could try some of the old forest roads I use to take when I use to hunt? I think a lot of the area may be torched from the fire they recently had up there? I do have my own race track in my backyard. It's good practice on the DRZ.

Let me know if you want to come up this way, maybe, we can check out some stuff around Pincrest?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #538
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Isn't that where Dodge Ridge Ski Area is?
I have been wanting to take a ride up that way, I skied Dodge Ridge once, nice area!

Name the date we could meet in Jamestown or anywhere along the road...I am still riding my 800 ....You still working weekends?

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #539
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah, I'm doing a double this weekend at the Lodi range. I have Sept. 16 and 29-30 free this month. Are you working? I was thinking about taking a 3-4 day trip at the end of the month or early October?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #540
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Nothing right now got a couple of things in the pipe one is in Seattle (Everett, Boeing) and the other would be in Iraq.
But nothing now as far a a couple of days will have to wait and see, the wife and I are planning a trip around the end of the month to Utah and Wyoming see the colors after the crowds....
I will stay in touch.
Glad to see you are still around

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]