ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #616
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Hey Jason
Enjoyed the ride despite we rode mostly paved back country roads. Still trying to figure out Why all those forest service roads are so well paved!! No wonder the state is broke, wish they would pave the roads in Merced County half that nice.

Should know if mid October Mid Week overnight will work! I am up for ore destinations too, Bodie is just what came to mind, the Tahoe area might be good.

Talk later
Thanks again
Bruce

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #617
TierHawg
Herder of the J-Cats

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
D&H Cycles in Modesto is out of business.
Dave moved his shop next door down from the old DH Cycle. The new place is called "Dave's Adventure Cycle". I'm not sure how much wrenching he does these days, probably need to call to find out. The place is a great spot to get tires, oil and moto supplies. This is my goto spot for tire changing in the Modesto area.
TierHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #618
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Hey Jason
Enjoyed the ride despite we rode mostly paved back country roads. Still trying to figure out Why all those forest service roads are so well paved!! No wonder the state is broke, wish they would pave the roads in Merced County half that nice.

Should know if mid October Mid Week overnight will work! I am up for ore destinations too, Bodie is just what came to mind, the Tahoe area might be good.

Talk later
Thanks again
Bruce
I think we were just too close to the ski lodge?

Yeah, let me know about October? Have you ever been to Lake Almanor up by Chester? I went there with the wife a few years ago, lots of dirt roads. You'd probably need three days though, it would take 5-6 hours to get there? One day to ride up, one to explore the area, and the last one to come back home.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #619
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
If you are up for riding above Bass Lake this weekend let me know. Day trip or overnight camp?
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #620
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

I might be up for a Sat ride, have to see what my wife has scheduled for me this weekend I should know by Thursday ..Bass lake sounds good,temps are suppose to drop by then!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #621
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Saturday sounds good. Sunday too if the honey do list gets cumbersome. Yes, the temps should be low 80s.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #622
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,745
It has been waaay to long since I have riden near bass lake... Just the roads are nice, don't hate me too much but getting my hands on a harley amd circling the lake with the mrs sounds like a good time.

Yall have fun - saving up my brownie points for a trip to play in the sand this month.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #623
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Saturday sounds good. Sunday too if the honey do list gets cumbersome. Yes, the temps should be low 80s.
OK, got the Hall Pass till about 5:00pm Saturday! I can be in Oakhurst by say 9:30 just tell me the meeting spot, I will be coming on Hwy 49!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #624
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Bruce, PM sent. I'm waiting to hear from a couple of other riders from Fresno and Clovis. We usually try to get into the hills earlier if possible so let me know. As it stands lets met at the Valero Gas station on Hwy 41 about 1 mile north of Hwy 49.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #625
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Incase anyone was wondering. It was such a great riding day up the woods above Bass Lake today. I managed to show Bruce a little bit of everything my newbie skill level could handle. Will do this again.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #626
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Incase anyone was wondering. It was such a great riding day up the woods above Bass Lake today. I managed to show Bruce a little bit of everything my newbie skill level could handle. Will do this again.
Shout my way if you need a partner next time, Ill buy lunch!

Im headed up to Tamarack tomorrow with a buddy tomorrow on my Husky and he on my quad. Just going to get some dirt under the nails becuase its been awhile.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #627
4point
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I might be game once and a while. Post up or PM me.
4point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #628
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Joe, thanks again I know we just scratched the surface there!! Enjoyed the day!!
Bruce

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #629
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Sounds like you guys had a good ride? Did you take any pictures?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #630
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

No pics Jason. Maybe next time.