ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #631
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
[QUOTE=McKay;19764444]Shout my way if you need a partner next time, Ill buy lunch!

Did someone say FREE LUNCH!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #632
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Preparing to ride from Fish Camp to Briceburg over Tenmile road among others this morning. Most of today's route I haven't ridden so it's going to be an adventure. I took tracks from Mr. B and made a route from them for my Garmin to lead me. Leaving about 9am. Sorry about the short notice. I'll check back to this thread prior to leaving to see if anyone wants to come along and I'll wait up some.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #633
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearsteer View Post

Did someone say FREE LUNCH!

They did, I need to take my Tiger offroad and de-virginize her. Looking for easy riding as she still has the Battlewings on.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #634
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Let me know how the route works for you

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #635
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Today was a good day. Fish Camp to Midpines mostly on dirt. Pavement consisted of a portion of Jerseydale Road and then Scott Road.
Pictures taken today click on link. https://plus.google.com/photos/10031...05060978601313
Click on the link below to download the Mapsource file.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8O...ndjc05Qd2xIejg

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 10:42 PM Reason: first try at posting a link to my garmin maps
Old 10-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #636
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
I hear those Tigers are sweet. We all need to go for a ride. Fri or Sat work for anybody?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #637
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Joe,
Looks like you picked the right day for the ride, suppose to get some rain today and it looks like snow up high, our old friend winter is coming!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #638
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearsteer View Post
I hear those Tigers are sweet. We all need to go for a ride. Fri or Sat work for anybody?
Seems I am grounded this weekend!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #639
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like I might get a hall pass for Saturday!! If I do all my chores tomorrow!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #640
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Looks like I might get a hall pass for Saturday!! If I do all my chores tomorrow!
Uh oh... Remember the hall pass was all about her.

Hahah just kiddin'

NSFW: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vPuPF...%3DvPuPFVt_Xoo
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #641
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Good stuff !!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #642
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

I have decided to make my break for the in-laws cabin up on Evergreen Road about 9ish a.m. on Sunday morning. Sunday being a nice sunny day it should be good sailing. A little bit of rain yesterday should keep the dust level down. It's going to take me nearly 6 hours to travel those dirty roads less traveled before I'm done for the day. If anyone would like to join me anywhere along my route, or at the start I can send you my Garmin route and approx time that I will be at a prearranged point.
Generally speaking I'll leave my home in Coarsegold and ride through the ranch land north of Coarsegold over to Hwy 49, Probably take Chowchilla Mountain Rd from there but I need to check that out. Eventually making my way over to Briceburg. Then up the switchbacks and over to Old Coulterville Rd to where it gets close to Harden Flat Rd then Hwy 120. From there Evergreen Rd isn't too far on pavement. For those of you on big Adventure bikes you should still have plenty of time to ride back home or you can stay with us(wife's taking the car). You'll need a sleeping bag to stay on the screen enclosed porch. Temps will be high 30s to low 40s at night. A shower(bring towel) is available.
Send me a PM if interested
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #643
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Have a Safe Ride Joe, I spent about three hours riding this morning, ran up to Mariposa and sampled the dirt, the rain definitely helped, but every now and then there is a good gotcha!!!
Saw a few bikes about, seems the cool weather is bringing folks out!!
bruce

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #644
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Bruce. Here is a link to some pics I took over the weekend.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003134...eat=directlink

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 10-17-2012 at 08:06 PM
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #645
ADVMindset
Americana Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Hump Day Ride ! Camp 9 Road

Went for a short much needed ride yesterday after getting the fuel pump replaced on the GSA...
Headed over to Camp 9 Rd. off of Parrotts Ferry Rd. , rode all of the way into the power plant. PG&E is in there doing some dam removal work and the road is in BAD shape ! LOTS of construction traffic and damn near ran into an empty flatbed tractor/trailer coming out as I first started in. I saw another GS, I think an 800 parked along the road...never did see the rider.
There was the usual half a dozen or so cows grazing along the road and several more down by the water. I was going to head over on the other side and take the FS road that heads out, not sure what the number is, but it was too late in the day for that !
As I got back into Sonora I followed another rider on a KTM Adventure that looked like was on a road trip, never had a chance to stop and chat.
Perfect weather for a late day ride...gonna have to do it again soon.
Anyone want to meet up, let me know !
ADVMindset is offline   Reply With Quote