ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #811
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
There was a 99 DR350 on Craigslist out of San Jose, I think it's still there. I was considering when it looked like the deal on my Husky was going south but the guy has an emotional attachment to it and was asking WAY too much for it, like $3000, and he would not budge on the price. It's only worth $2200 to $2400 tops. Heck, I only paid $2850 for my 07 TE250 and it will smoke that DR (I know cause I have a 92 DR -- they are GREAT bikes!)

Here's the link if you want to take a look... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3741169837.html

Yeah, I've seen that one, and he is asking too much. It is a beauty, with all those farlkes, but about double my price range. I might stretch my budget to $2000 for a 1998 - 2001 model, because of the upgraded suspension. I would most like to get a 1994 for about $1000, however. I'm hoping to come close to breaking even with the sale of the XL600.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #812
yobuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
I will be doing the Cycle Specialties ride on the 12th as well as the dual sport on the 18th with Gayle. You guys should join in the fun. Like someone said you don't need a BMW, I have done a few of the rides on my WR450 and KLR when I had them.
yobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #813
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Oddometer: 131
Took this bike

To this bridge

This past weekend.

Nice ride up behind Jackson, Ca.
"We should all be riding the bike that puts the biggest smile on our face. Fast, slow, heavy, light, 1cyl, 2cyl, 3cyl, 4cyl, 6cyl, American mfg., Japanese mfg., European mfg., it's all good if it makes you smile, no?" - Roadscum
And if not,
SilverFaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #814
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

There is some great stuff to see up there. When I was in college, I worked a summer in the Black Chasm Cavern in Volcano. It is probably the most interesting cave in the string of limestone caverns along the Sierra foothills.

I used to make the round trip every day from Sonora to Volcano in my little Geo Metro convertible. I got to know every corner like the back of my hand. Although the Geo had no power to speak of, I could outrun a Porsche going down hill.

As the snow melts, the top of Hwy 88 is a nice ride too.

Speaking of Sierra passes, they closed 108 again because of this little storm coming through.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #815
SilverFaux
never satisfied

I went right past the Volcano exit on my way to West Point. Thanks for the heads up on the cave tour. I love that stuff. Definitely need to make the stop next time.
"We should all be riding the bike that puts the biggest smile on our face. Fast, slow, heavy, light, 1cyl, 2cyl, 3cyl, 4cyl, 6cyl, American mfg., Japanese mfg., European mfg., it's all good if it makes you smile, no?" - Roadscum
And if not,
Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #816
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Man I am jonesen to come home !!!!

Have to plan some rides in July for sure!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #817
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Man I am jonesen to come home !!!!

Have to plan some rides in July for sure!!
Merced: my old stompin' grounds. My parents still live there, so I'll be down for Mother's Day this weekend.

The only bike I'll be riding on this trip will be my 24" BMX, though. My wife is taking the BRC this weekend (250cc bikes supplied), and along with all the Mother's Day stuff we have to carry the cooler for drinks and all the required gear. I don't want to complicate it for her any more than necessary.

I'm looking forward to joining some rides with you guys this summer.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #818
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Sotsnf

You guys might want to check this out for July. The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest are hosting a fundraiser. They do great stuff for the forest and together with others help to keep the forest open for us to ride. Here is the link just click it> http://www.sotsnf.org/html/events/events.php#event5
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #819
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Ready for the big adventure

Aye Captain, I don't think it can take anymore. Getting ready for long trip.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #820
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Looks like you're ready to roll, Coarsegold. Keep us updated on your trip!
And if not,
Old 05-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #821
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Thanks SilverFaux, I still have several weeks to think about what needs to be taken, what should be taken, and what should be left behind. Gonna be doing the Utah Backcountry Discovery Trail and the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Trail with part of the Continental Divide to points north.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #822
SilverFaux
never satisfied

More Pics n a very brief ride report....

The other thread I'm currently posting in:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423
And if not,
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #823
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
I am looking for a riding buddy to do a dual sport ride to central/north nevada.Leaving from Modesto on my xr650r.Loose plan is to hit Nevada from Hawthorne-run Countdown's smts tracks east.Hit the nevada TAT section back to Denio Junction and back around Pyramid lake in south west direction back to Modesto somehow-dirt or not.Time span 8-10 days.Should be 1200 miles or so.Pm if interested
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #824
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Thanks SilverFaux, I still have several weeks to think about what needs to be taken, what should be taken, and what should be left behind. Gonna be doing the Utah Backcountry Discovery Trail and the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Trail with part of the Continental Divide to points north.
Hey looks like you are ready for a good one, making me jealous, Still working over here not much to say but:

Be home the end of July for a couple of weeks and thinking about a new bike!!

Have a save trip wish I could tag along!!!1

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #825
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Still working over here

China?
And if not,