ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #76
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
no worries....

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #77
SmileAndFollow
KLRn00b

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin69
As much as I can with the temperature in the high 90's. I just got back from camping at Pinecrest with the family, it was pretty nice there.
Make sure you drink my share of the beer.
How was the water temp up there? I am thinking of taking out the kayaks tomorrow, but I don't know if I want to freeze.
1999 KLR 650
SmileAndFollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #78
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAndFollow
How was the water temp up there? I am thinking of taking out the kayaks tomorrow, but I don't know if I want to freeze.
I think it said the water temperature was around 57 at the store? We didn't get in, we just hiked around the lake. There were plenty of people swimming in it so, I guess it wasn't too cold?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #79
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Well we had a pretty good time with the boys from Fresno last weekend. Mighty Hot along the Kings River but we managed to survive and tell the tale, so to speak..I am trying to upload the GPX file but keep getting an error message. Anyone know what I am doing wrong. i export the file in gpx format and then try and attach, but i get an error message??????

The net result of the weekend,
1. Fresno BMW is awesome to support this Outing, thanks again to Tanner and Jack and everyone that made it possible.
2.Mesquito's suck!
3. Camp food is always good
and
4. Dont ever dare a guy with a Chain Saw...

the general area that we where headed

Most everyone.....

First causalty .....dead battery

One night .....Really....

The Ranger saved the day for the dead bike....thanks Ranger .....Dude....

first stop....

A typical road....

Tanner, the guy that made it all possible, thanks again..Sorry I missed Sundays ride However the bike made it back to merced with out any more stalling...

Grouping back up and getting ready to cross the Kings River....Fricking HOT>>

Who needs Swamp Loggers/AX MEN we just needed an extra chair!!!!

Ask and yee shall receive.....

Once again thanks to Tanner and Fresno BMW for taking the time to do this, Dinner was great, Breakfast and some fun riding....

Bruce

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]

Mr B screwed with this post 07-12-2010 at 11:37 PM
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #80
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice pics, it looked like fun. Yeah, the heat really sucked on Saturday.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #81
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,709
Subscribed,

I'd love to join you guys anytime you've got something going on between Yosemite to Tahoe and east towards Nevada. My riding partner Lionsroaar, as earlier stated would also most likely join you. Looks like a good group and some fun riding.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #82
Lasherman
Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer: 199
Looks like much more fun than helping the in-laws move and loadind a semi-trailer!
Lasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #83
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Nice pics, it looked like fun. Yeah, the heat really sucked on Saturday.
I can imagine we got stuck at one point down low and it was ....tough...my temp indicator said 105

but it was a dry heat!!!

so anyone got any ideas for and August ride??? was thinking sometime around the middle of the month, maybe something up in the high country...

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #84
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

August Ride?

I was planning on doing a dual sport ride on August 21-22 up by Lake Almanor , but it was cancelled. It is east of Red Bluff on the California map along Hwy 36. I have a room booked in Chester for Aug. 21 already, and was thinking about going anyway, just to check the area out? It is probably a 4-6 hour ride from Merced though. If you really wanted to get a good day of riding you would need to leave early or, stay a couple of nights? From what the promoter told me you would need to book a room like right now, if you wanted to stay in a hotel.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #85
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Sounds interesting! I have not spent much if any time up north, only along the coast. Let me check my schedule at work see what might be happening here in the hangar. I know I have to go to Miami around the 1st for an engine swap but I should be finished by then. The wife is working Friday nights, I think through the entire month of Aug...so a definite maybe!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 07-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #86
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Might be picking up a DR350 this Saturday. If so, then I'd definately be up to riding the back route into Yosemite the following weeked --- if it isn't 105 degrees outside!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #87
Memnok
Fly high, go far.

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp
Might be picking up a DR350 this Saturday. If so, then I'd definately be up to riding the back route into Yosemite the following weeked --- if it isn't 105 degrees outside!
Ya just gotta ride faster when it's hot!

----------------------------------
Good government is no substitute for self-government. Mahatma Gandhi

That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. - Thomas Jefferson
Memnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #88
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I was planning on doing a dual sport ride on August 21-22 up by Lake Almanor , but it was cancelled. It is east of Red Bluff on the California map along Hwy 36. I have a room booked in Chester for Aug. 21 already, and was thinking about going anyway, just to check the area out? It is probably a 4-6 hour ride from Merced though. If you really wanted to get a good day of riding you would need to leave early or, stay a couple of nights? From what the promoter told me you would need to book a room like right now, if you wanted to stay in a hotel.
Are you trailer'n your bike up there or riding up? Checked the area out on the map, looks like lots of riding in and around chester...peaks at about 6000 and the airport in chester is at 4500, i bet it is nice there...

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #89
bobbyk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I would love to join you guys for a trip into Yosemite. I have friends that have done it, so I know there is a route out of Coulterville. Can't do it next weekend (Laguna Seca MotoGP) but one of the weekends after might work out. I will keep checking to see if anything materializes.
Bob in Oakdale.
bobbyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #90
Odin69 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Are you trailer'n your bike up there or riding up? Checked the area out on the map, looks like lots of riding in and around chester...peaks at about 6000 and the airport in chester is at 4500, i bet it is nice there...
If you want to go, I'll ride my 650 Dakar up. If no one is interested in going, I will probably trailer my DRZ there? The DRZ is easier for me to pick up by myself if it should happen.

Here is a link of the area, you can find places to stay on there.

http://www.plumascounty.org/

I have a reservation at the Antlers motel for Saturday August 21. From what I have been told, you will want to make a reservation as soon as you can? I guess it is a popular place to visit during the summer months?