ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #1546
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLeader View Post
I just mounted a new knobby on my WR after riding on a trials tire for over a year.
I really want to hear what you find difference wise switching back to knobby,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgarden Bob View Post
For the New Years Poker Run, guys usually start to leave around 3:00 and everyone's usually gone by 5:00. If you just want to show up to meet some of the guys, maybe have some food and drink 12 - 1:00 is always a good time.
Hmmmm, even If the planets align properly I probably wouldn't be standing in front of you until around 1:30 at the earliest, I guess I will just play it by ear.
My motorcycle is 5000 times faster then a centipede!
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #1547
NorCalLanesplitter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Any takers for a DS ride this Saturday 12/21?

Hi everyone,
I am a noob to ADV and really need to take my moto out for a long ride! It's fresh out the shop and ready for all it can handle. I'd like to start out of Chico, but would be willing to load the bikes up to Chappie, Stonyford or something local. I'm a big fan of FS roads and desert, but am up for the challenge of single tracks. I have a plated 2007 Husky TE 450 and I like to full throttle when I can. The weather is as good as it is going to get and I'd really appreciate a riding buddy. I moved here a year ago and look forward to any takers!
NorCalLanesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #1548
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,793
Welcome aboard NorCal...

Stay tuned here and you'll find somebody to ride with. Going to tough right now though with Christmas and all right around the corner. Snow will be your limiting factor from now until about April for the dirt.
Again welcome aboard and stay tuned.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1549
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Great Winter movie

Not into playing in the snow and ice this morning before work. Found this little series from the late 60's about cross country moto riding in an inmates sig. ENJOY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-l7ufP-I4
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1550
redog1
KLR650-2009

That's some good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
Not into playing in the snow and ice this morning before work. Found this little series from the late 60's about cross country moto riding in an inmates sig. ENJOY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-l7ufP-I4
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #1551
ChicoProf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Laugh

That was hilarious. Those bikes look a lot like the first bike or two I owned and rode in Colorado. The protective gear (or lack thereof) is also about the same.

I met some of you guys in October on Rockgarden Bob's ride to Butte Meadows. I was the one on the Super Sherpa. I love the Sherpa, and I'm beginning to look for a second bike so that my 17-y.o. son can ride some trails with me (and maybe street when and if his mom allows...). He's already 3" taller than I am, but not too heavy, so I'm debating another 250 dual sport (maybe an XT250), or I might go with something a little larger that I'll ride at first until he's more experienced (maybe a DR-Z400?). As a shorter guy, I don't really like the idea of a bike with more than 35" seat height, though I'll adjust with links if need be. In any case, I expect to be looking for a recent model dual sport.

Suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

ChicoProf screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 02:06 PM
ChicoProf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #1552
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
If this is the trip where they end up in Panama - I have to say me and my bud watched the whole thing........

Too bad there are not any more hippie chicks living in communes!
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1553
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
If this is the trip where they end up in Panama - I have to say me and my bud watched the whole thing........

Too bad there are not any more hippie chicks living in communes!
I like that they are riding BSA single cylinder bikes and that they actually seem to run and run,and catch huge air out in the desert.
Pretty good trick!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #1554
redog1
KLR650-2009

I've got a KLR 650 I'm going to sell....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoProf View Post
That was hilarious. Those bikes look a lot like the first bike or two I owned and rode in Colorado. The protective gear (or lack thereof) is also about the same.

I met some of you guys in October on Rockgarden Bob's ride to Butte Meadows. I was the one on the Super Sherpa. I love the Sherpa, and I'm beginning to look for a second bike so that my 17-y.o. son can ride some trails with me (and maybe street when and if his mom allows...). He's already 3" taller than I am, but not too heavy, so I'm debating another 250 dual sport (maybe an XT250), or I might go with something a little larger that I'll ride at first until he's more experienced (maybe a DR-Z400?). As a shorter guy, I don't really like the idea of a bike with more than 35" seat height, though I'll adjust with links if need be. In any case, I expect to be looking for a recent model dual sport.

Suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian
...CHEAP Shoot me a pm if your interested. Not the red one I was riding, this one.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1555
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Hilarious, great way to spend the morning. Nice find and thanks for sharing. The narrator cracked me up.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #1556
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Merry Christmas

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1557
redog1
KLR650-2009

Merry Christmas to you also...

...and every one else here on ADV Rider
Old 12-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #1558
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Merry
Christmas !!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #1559
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Freedom

I Have some. Going to putt the western foothills in 12 hours or so. Going to start after warming the engine a bit. destination will be North end of Ball road. I have a little side venture there. Right by the R ranch on 36. I will not be going out 36 but may return that way depending.
I also need to make a run down or at least out to rd 306. I have a couple big events coming up that I need to start working on. We will be holding a couple different Trials events out there this year. After 3 successful years of my family holding events out there we have drawn in a National event as well as our Sac Pits event. The National is a ARHMA event Drawing over 100 riders.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #1560
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
new toy

Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote