ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #1681
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Footdragger

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5806029&type=1

Got this shot from my friend Lane.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #1682
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 239
I like the sound of this...keep us posted on this thread

JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Yes it's me kissing the fender. All you gotta do is come to the event. I always stress about having checkers. Will keep in touch. Our club property is only 45 minutes up the hill from grass Valley. corner of hwy 20 and I-80 eagle lakes turn off. Right by signal Peak.
Yes this is a very good family type of sport. Our Saturday events are great for lower end riders. anybody that can let a clutch out could compete. camp and watch the more serious riders Sunday.
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #1683
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
I would agree with your friends comments about that photo! A long time ago I used to race a Bultaco Astro around tracks like that. Sometimes the front end was up in the air like that and sometimes the back end was stepping out like that, but never at the same time. That is a great shot!

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #1684
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
I would agree with your friends comments about that photo! A long time ago I used to race a Bultaco Astro around tracks like that. Sometimes the front end was up in the air like that and sometimes the back end was stepping out like that, but never at the same time. That is a great shot!

Chuck
That IS a classic shot of King Kenny doing what he does best,pretty cool he could come back and do hot laps at the Indy Mile on the TZ750 at age what ever age he is,he never considered doing simple parade laps,slid it in to the first corner and just kept it howling for the crowd.
Hes always been a class act and a true racer.

I did that flattrack thing for about 10 years,easily the most fun Ive had wearing clothes,I still tend to irritate people on fireroads drifting by em on the high line. Its too much fun not to!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #1685
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Just checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
That IS a classic shot of King Kenny doing what he does best,pretty cool he could come back and do hot laps at the Indy Mile on the TZ750 at age what ever age he is,he never considered doing simple parade laps,slid it in to the first corner and just kept it howling for the crowd.
Hes always been a class act and a true racer.

I did that flattrack thing for about 10 years,easily the most fun Ive had wearing clothes,I still tend to irritate people on fireroads drifting by em on the high line. Its too much fun not to!
Cycleland, But did you ever do Orland Indoors. Or Taste speedway.
the 70's had more than, Just naked girls. I was more of a "Hangtown"
junkie when hangtown was out in the country, and Roger was the man.

On any Sunday was my favorite movie, until I watched Emperor Of the North. So the first time I meet Dick Mann I was in awe. I crashed hard in a section he was "Checking" one time, I never felt so good about a 5. only because He loved my effort.

That picture of Kenny is a classic. the guy that posted it for me to see is also a classic. Lane came to my Trial at The Rocky Ridge. meeting him and getting his thumbs up was/is a big feather in my cap as he can be a hard grade.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #1686
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Cycleland, But did you ever do Orland Indoors. Or Taste speedway.
the 70's had more than, Just naked girls. I was more of a "Hangtown"
junkie when hangtown was out in the country, and Roger was the man.

On any Sunday was my favorite movie, until I watched Emperor Of the North. So the first time I meet Dick Mann I was in awe. I crashed hard in a section he was "Checking" one time, I never felt so good about a 5. only because He loved my effort.

That picture of Kenny is a classic. the guy that posted it for me to see is also a classic. Lane came to my Trial at The Rocky Ridge. meeting him and getting his thumbs up was/is a big feather in my cap as he can be a hard grade.
I started out at Cycleland in 1972,raced Orland Half Mile,Orland Indoor,San Jose Half Mile (inside the mile) Gridley 1/4 Mile (one time only) Quincy rough and tumble 1/2 mile on Decomposed Granite.
Triple M in Marysville,Lodi Cycle Bowl,Auburn shortrack,(inside the current speedway track,Peach Tree Nationals out by Yuba City,all great fun!

Corning MX,Westwood MX(with singletrack and waterhole)Liveoak MX, Orland MX inside the halfmile,Cycleland Scrambles,Cycleland Marathon MX's,Marysville MX under the bridge, If there was a race I was there, for about 10 years,and still walking today.
Even did some roadracing at Sears Point. I also went up to Happy Valley a few times for the TT races,by Anderson I think? It was a fast TT.

I should probably get some sort of trials bike,havent ridden any trials since PIT's Fall River memorial day party/trials event.

A friend's dad used to take us to Hangtown,starting in about 1974 on up through 77/78.good days at Hangtown,Ive been to the current track a few times,always good races.

Foot dragger screwed with this post 02-13-2014 at 02:08 AM
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #1687
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
I started out at Cycleland in 1972,raced Orland Half Mile,Orland Indoor,San Jose Half Mile (inside the mile) Gridley 1/4 Mile (one time only) Quincy rough and tumble 1/2 mile on Decomposed Granite.
Triple M in Marysville,Lodi Cycle Bowl,Auburn shortrack,(inside the current speedway track,Peach Tree Nationals out by Yuba City,all great fun!

Corning MX,Westwood MX(with singletrack and waterhole)Liveoak MX, Orland MX inside the halfmile,Cycleland Scrambles,Cycleland Marathon MX's, If there was a race I was there for about 10 years,and still walking today.
Even did some roadracing at Sears Point.

I should probably get some sort of trials bike,havent ridden any trials since PIT's Fall River memorial day party/trials event.

A friend's dad used to take us to Hangtown,starting in about 1974 on up through 77/78.good days at Hangtown,Ive been to the current track a few times,always good races.
If you were at the Corning MX, I'll bet you rode with a few of my highschool peeps, must have been around 1985?
BTW that track is now a pot farm!
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #1688
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 339
Quote:

Corning MX,Westwood MX(with singletrack and waterhole)Liveoak MX, Orland MX inside the halfmile,Cycleland Scrambles,Cycleland Marathon MX's, If there was a race I was there for about 10 years,and still walking today.
Even did some roadracing at Sears Point.

I rode a few events at Cycleland about 72 or 73 on a 250cc Yahaha DT1 with a stretched swingarm and Class C rubber. There was a guy riding a 250cc Cooper that just waxed everyone. Never saw another Cooper anywhere else. Happen to remember that?

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #1689
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome

Damn Chuck. I didn't think anyone would remember Orland indoors.
Considering the Race fuel and no ventilation, I still jones for that high.

Sounds like you liked to

Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #1690
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
If you were at the Corning MX, I'll bet you rode with a few of my highschool peeps, must have been around 1985?
BTW that track is now a pot farm!
I raced my 74 250 Elsinore and the 76 RM 125 at Corning,so earlier,they had a rubber band start gate.
Once the wind was blowing us right off the track,leaving the ground meant crashing.
A pack of guys from Cycleland used to drive out there to race.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #1691
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
I rode a few events at Cycleland about 72 or 73 on a 250cc Yahaha DT1 with a stretched swingarm and Class C rubber. There was a guy riding a 250cc Cooper that just waxed everyone. Never saw another Cooper anywhere else. Happen to remember that?

Chuck
I do remember a Cooper out there,I dont think he would wax the expert class on one of those things.
Also remember John Gennai,Alex Jorgenson,Doug Chandler,Chris Carr and a host of other black plate top pro guys making the drive to come out to Cycleland,that place had quite the rep in those days.

If you were lucky enough to win the Novice main event,then they would let you start on the ft row of the Handicap expert main event,all the fastest guys of the night are starting between 5 and 55 yards behind.
That whole pack would get wound up and come by like a freight train,trying to hold them back wasnt a great idea.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #1692
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 239
Trails clear to 5000'

Looks like a good weekend for riding! was out yesterday and all the singletrack in our area was clear of snow up to 5300'-a little slimy with all the moisture.
TAKING A BREAK AT THE CABIN -4500'

Juan
Nevada City
KTM 350EXC-F
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #1693
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Damn Chuck. I didn't think anyone would remember Orland indoors.
Considering the Race fuel and no ventilation, I still jones for that high.

Sounds like you liked to

I raced a Hodaka Super Rat with road race tuning at Orland Indoor,the noise it made at about 13 Grand made people beg me to shut it off. The 100 class was full of highly tuned screaming little bikes.

Racing in January,32 degrees outside,fans blowing clouds of 2 stroke smoke outside,cold air re-circulating,and the noise! We used to pit outdoors in the freezing cold. There's something about racing on polished cement,its just too much fun!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #1694
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Thumb Nice Juan...

Looks like a great place to sit and have a beer after a hard days riding.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #1695
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Wind chime

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
Looks like a good weekend for riding! was out yesterday and all the singletrack in our area was clear of snow up to 5300'-a little slimy with all the moisture.
TAKING A BREAK AT THE CABIN -4500'

Juan
Nevada City
KTM 350EXC-F
Now that's a wind chime. And do you have a big sliding door so you can drive the snow machine's right inside?