ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #1696
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,757
I finished up work early today,hopped on the 1250 Bandit and rode over to Oroville and then up 162 for a ways,most of the sand/gravel has been swept off the road. I made it past the upper entrance to Bald Rock road 5 miles or so,the road got wet,I got cold hands,turned around and headed back.

Nice afternoon out with very little traffic.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #1697
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Now that's a wind chime. And do you have a big sliding door so you can drive the snow machine's right inside?
the huge sliding door is more an anti vandalism mechanism, covers a pair of glass french doors and a glass man door...the big wind chime is another of-the owners metal art works. The whole package is a real testament to passive solar, low maintenance, high snow load design works... very roomy inside such a small sq footage. JB.
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #1698
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
the huge sliding door is more an anti vandalism mechanism, covers a pair of glass french doors and a glass man door...the big wind chime is another of-the owners metal art works. The whole package is a real testament to passive solar, low maintenance, high snow load design works... very roomy inside such a small sq footage. JB.
Nice cabin. Love the sliding door. Bullet proof no doubt. And the vents are really gun truant's.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #1699
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211

Went for a little jaunt up 32 to Butte Meadows, down Skyway to home. Not far but a good way to kill an afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #1700
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Had a meeting in Davis, put the bike in the back of the truck. After the meeting wife took the truck to Roseville, bud and I rode thru Capay Valley, then over 20 to Bear Valley Road, down to Maxwell then to Colusa and back home.
Great day for a ride, hope you guys got out.
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #1701
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
Had a meeting in Davis, put the bike in the back of the truck. After the meeting wife took the truck to Roseville, bud and I rode thru Capay Valley, then over 20 to Bear Valley Road, down to Maxwell then to Colusa and back home.
Great day for a ride, hope you guys got out.
I've driven past Bear Valley Rd 50+ times and wonder where it went. If you don't mind me asking, which road did you take back down into Maxwell?
It was a perfect day for a ride, a little chilly up on the hill but a great day none the less.
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #1702
8lives
Oops I fell again

Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen View Post

Went for a little jaunt up 32 to Butte Meadows, down Skyway to home. Not far but a good way to kill an afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Front page photo dude,nice shot!
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #1703
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh

@ 8lives- Thank you sir.
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #1704
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen View Post
I've driven past Bear Valley Rd 50+ times and wonder where it went. If you don't mind me asking, which road did you take back down into Maxwell?
It was a perfect day for a ride, a little chilly up on the hill but a great day none the less.
I think most of the traffic on the road is going to Wilbur Hot Springs, we continued on to Huffmaster Road which pops you out at Maxwell Sites Road. This was actually a screw up on my part, we should have went to Stonyford. I wanted to ride the West Side of the Valley to Paskenta, but ended up on a lot of interesting dirt roads going thru the ride fields all around Colusa plus it gave me the excuse to get a beer at the "Last Stand" in Willows.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #1705
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,770
Short 60 mile loop today...

Up Jordon Hill Rd. over to Concow rd. to Retson rd. then to Stirling City and home. Needed a good rough road to test the new suspension and see how I liked the other mods, Double take mirrors and 6.3 Gal Acrbis tank. I'm as happy as a pig in.....well, you know.

Such a poser.
Sad to see this creek this low. This is how it should look in July/August. I shouldn't have been able to get this far. Should be about 3-4 feet of snow here this time of year.

Should be at least 6 inches of water running over the road here.

Saw a lot of downed trees, this one was recent, all the others had been pretty much cleared from the road.

A few snow patches like this up to about 6500ft. That's as high as I got. Kind of ashame either way you look at that last statement but I don't do that stuff anyway.

That's all I got.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #1706
8lives
Oops I fell again

Oddometer: 1,729
Nice ride Redog1,thanks fer sharing,I just picked up a XT350 so as soon as I can I'll post some mountain rides,the V Strom is safe from me trying to turn it into a dirtbike now!
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #1707
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Great looking bike Brein! Wow, with that tank we'll be able to make it over to the coast without stopping, except to refuel my bike from your supertanker!

Double edged sword this weather we're having. Exceptional riding for February but I'm a bit concerned that riding areas may be limited this summer due to the fire danger....

Matt
Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #1708
redog1
KLR650-2009

Thanks Matt

Yeah, love the big tank, have the same range as the KLR now and I don't really notice it. I'm so used to riding a heavy bike, no matter what I do to the KTM it'll always be about 125 lbs light than the KLR. Had a blast today and found out that I really need to ramp up my workout.
I am looking forward to hitting the coast again this year, Lassen is still on the list also.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #1709
redog1
KLR650-2009

Thanks 8lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Nice ride Redog1,thanks fer sharing,I just picked up a XT350 so as soon as I can I'll post some mountain rides,the V Strom is safe from me trying to turn it into a dirtbike now!
When are you coming down for a ride? Skibum talked about it last year but he never made it. Guess I need to get up that way also. So much riding to do, so little time. Working for a living sucks.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1710
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,757
Looks like a good ride Brian,its great your getting that 530 how you want it!

Ive got the plate on the way for my 525 and some preliminary settup done on it so I will be out riding it around soon.

I took the 1250 Suzuki to Red Bluff and out 36 today,turned on A16 at Platina and rode that curvy little road to Gas Point road and then to Cottonwood,then through Corning through Red Bluff,then all back farm roads to Hamilton City and back to Chico. Perfect sunny weather today and 220 miles.