ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #1726
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Looking forward to camping in the rain. Our Trials season kicks off next Saturday down at Frank Raines OHV park. Down 5 to Patterson, then off into the monster hills. The creeks should be high. And the girls are staying home.

Maroon, or green truck.
An update on the Chrome races/Trials might get some more locals out there to check AHRMA out up close.

All I really know is the MX is on the 22nd of March,Trials is the next day.

There will be some bitchin ass old bikes out there,and friendly folk who love to talk about said old bikes.

Ive recently picked up a 71 125 Rickman Zundapp MX,it might run Im told
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #1727
FLYINGBONES
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Oddometer: 15
When is the next ride?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
FLYINGBONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #1728
redog1
KLR650-2009
 
redog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Magalia, CA./ Butte & Siskiyou C.
Oddometer: 1,791
Cry No riding for me for awhile...

Broke my leg up at Georgetown last Saturday. Not good, first time in a cast in 40 years. Non-walking cast for at least the next 4 weeks then?
Ride on guys. I think I need to take Bobs (ironmans) intermediate riders course when I get healed up and learn some better riding technics.
I apparently suck.
__________________
No, I don't know where that road goes, let's find out!
redog1
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #1729
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oobus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: In the orchard
Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Broke my leg up at Georgetown last Saturday. Not good, first time in a cast in 40 years. Non-walking cast for at least the next 4 weeks then?
Ride on guys. I think I need to take Bobs (ironmans) intermediate riders course when I get healed up and learn some better riding technics.
I apparently suck.
Oh crap, that's not good for anybody. I guess that mean's you are on crutches, they are a real pita. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
So, there must be more to the story

Matt
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #1730
8lives
Dharma Bum
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Broke my leg up at Georgetown last Saturday. Not good, first time in a cast in 40 years. Non-walking cast for at least the next 4 weeks then?
Ride on guys. I think I need to take Bobs (ironmans) intermediate riders course when I get healed up and learn some better riding technics.
I apparently suck.
Details on what happened?I think we are all venerable to "stuff happens".
__________________
Trickster Redeemer
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
I used to do drugs,I still do drugs,but I used to too!Mitch Hedburg
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #1731
redog1
KLR650-2009
 
redog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Magalia, CA./ Butte & Siskiyou C.
Oddometer: 1,791
Ok, a few details,

Bottom line I was riding over my head and didn't have the bike geared properly for what we were riding. Going up a steep rocky climb with some steps, didn't carry enough momentum, bike stalled and went to put my feet down and there was nothing there. Fell over to the left, left foot got caught under the bike, I started to roll downhill but my foot didn't want to got with me, twisting and I knew something bad was happening. Finally got loose and in extreme pain. Rode the rest of the day. What's a little pain amonst friends. I'll put up a pic when I get them downloaded. Don't have any of the place or the incident, I was a little preoccupied. I've got a couple of generic pics and one of my foot that I took Sunday night.
__________________
No, I don't know where that road goes, let's find out!
redog1
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #1732
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LaPorte's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Ca.
Oddometer: 492
Sorry to hear about you're get off. Get well soon.
__________________
If you don't know where your going don't lead!
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #1733
8lives
Dharma Bum
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,899
Bummer,well take care of that leg,summers a'coming.
__________________
Trickster Redeemer
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
I used to do drugs,I still do drugs,but I used to too!Mitch Hedburg
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #1734
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Bottom line I was riding over my head and didn't have the bike geared properly for what we were riding. Going up a steep rocky climb with some steps, didn't carry enough momentum, bike stalled and went to put my feet down and there was nothing there. Fell over to the left, left foot got caught under the bike, I started to roll downhill but my foot didn't want to got with me, twisting and I knew something bad was happening. Finally got loose and in extreme pain. Rode the rest of the day. What's a little pain amonst friends. I'll put up a pic when I get them downloaded. Don't have any of the place or the incident, I was a little preoccupied. I've got a couple of generic pics and one of my foot that I took Sunday night.
Crap,that sucks! Sorry to hear of it.

Ive had some good offs up at Ragdump that have made me think twice about slowing down a bit and trying to remember technique instead of blasting through. Mostly slow fall downs but sometimes those are the awkward ones,hope things heal well.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #1735
redog1
KLR650-2009
 
redog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Magalia, CA./ Butte & Siskiyou C.
Oddometer: 1,791
Yeah, it sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Crap,that sucks! Sorry to hear of it.

Ive had some good offs up at Ragdump that have made me think twice about slowing down a bit and trying to remember technique instead of blasting through. Mostly slow fall downs but sometimes those are the awkward ones,hope things heal well.
Still going to try and do Hells Canyon, just have to see how things heal. I'll see you tonight and we'll talk about it.
__________________
No, I don't know where that road goes, let's find out!
redog1
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #1736
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 449
Broken

Sorry to hear Redog1. being hurt sucks.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #1737
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 449
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
An update on the Chrome races/Trials might get some more locals out there to check AHRMA out up close.

All I really know is the MX is on the 22nd of March,Trials is the next day.

There will be some bitchin ass old bikes out there,and friendly folk who love to talk about said old bikes.

Ive recently picked up a 71 125 Rickman Zundapp MX,it might run Im told
"
"All I really know is the MX is on the 22nd of March,Trials is the next day."
This is Footdragger's statement.

If you want to know the real time and date;

http://www.ahrmanw.com/aMotocross.htm

try this for the MX, the Trials is Saturday, the day before the MX.

So if that is, all he really knows. Be careful.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #1738
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 449
More than the East

Hey I don't see any of the East side boys signed up for the MendoRally.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #1739
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,818
Greeves / Montesa






Finally got some pics up of the Greeves/Montesa. Too bad Im too lazy to get the Greeves ready to race.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #1740
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 449
Old farts

You had better take that Greeves out there and show it off.
Bring a good pen, You might want to get it signed.

I can't get anyone in for free at the AHRMA event, However at my Pits event you all get a free pass. I have two Trials events that weekend and will probably pull up and run down South after the Saturday Trials and skip the MX on Sunday. I put in a sore effort at the last Class A Trial after winning on Saturday. So I have some ground to catch up on Sunday's.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014