ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #1741
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
ouch!

Sorry to hear the sad story. did the extra riding on the injury cause increased damage? Hope not, sometimes it pays to be a wimp.

at least you were doing something worth a story. the neighbor kid is wearing a new cast from goofing off and falling off the couch!
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #1742
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Finally got some pics up of the Greeves/Montesa. Too bad Im too lazy to get the Greeves ready to race.
where is the photo of the Rickman? I saw the ad, but this was a bad month to buy anything. besides, you may have already grabbed it by the time I saw it. I have a body work less Rickman Montessa and was really tempted by the ad. JB
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #1743
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Hey I don't see any of the East side boys signed up for the MendoRally.
Ive been thinking about it,things are still up in the air.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #1744
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcaddy View Post
where is the photo of the Rickman? I saw the ad, but this was a bad month to buy anything. besides, you may have already grabbed it by the time I saw it. I have a body work less Rickman Montessa and was really tempted by the ad. JB
Its a pretty rough Rickman in real life,been sitting a very long time.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #1745
Sdadventure
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Question chester area

if any of you head up toward the chester area it would be great to hook up and ride.
Sdadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #1746
Sdadventure
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
im turning in my crf 450 for a GS 1200 for the road and fire and logging roads
Sdadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:40 AM   #1747
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,741
I don't really know if riding the rest of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcaddy View Post
Sorry to hear the sad story. did the extra riding on the injury cause increased damage? Hope not, sometimes it pays to be a wimp.

at least you were doing something worth a story. the neighbor kid is wearing a new cast from goofing off and falling off the couch!
...caused any additional damage but it sure hurt like hell to shift. I'm sure riding the rest of the day and walking on it for another day and a half didn't help matters.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #1748
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
...caused any additional damage but it sure hurt like hell to shift. I'm sure riding the rest of the day and walking on it for another day and a half didn't help matters.
Sorry to hear of the mishap. I feel a little responsible, after giving the 530 such a glowing review on bob's ride in La Porte when you were looking for alternative to the KLR tonnage. Let me know if you want to sell it cheap. ;-) BTW, I run 13/52, low enough for trials speeds in 1st and will still do the ton. Haven't fallen over and trapped my leg since last Saturday!

Heal up soon.
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #1749
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,741
Thanks Stu,

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
Sorry to hear of the mishap. I feel a little responsible, after giving the 530 such a glowing review on bob's ride in La Porte when you were looking for alternative to the KLR tonnage. Let me know if you want to sell it cheap. ;-) BTW, I run 13/52, low enough for trials speeds in 1st and will still do the ton. Haven't fallen over and trapped my leg since last Saturday!

Heal up soon.
Won't be for sale anytime soon, it makes me when I ride it. It will be parked for awhile and the sale of the KLR will be delayed. Kind of hard to do anything on a non-walking cast.

Ok, here's the few pics I have.
first pic is after my mishap and where we should have called it a day but we really were only about an hour into it. I didn't want to ruin everybody elses day but in reality I feel like I kind of became a hinderance.

Down at the creek taking a break.

What my foot looked like after riding all day on it and walking on it all day Sunday.

Where I'm at now after spending all day Monday at the docs.

redog1 screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 03:11 PM Reason: added pics
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #1750
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
You had better take that Greeves out there and show it off.
Bring a good pen, You might want to get it signed.

I can't get anyone in for free at the AHRMA event, However at my Pits event you all get a free pass. I have two Trials events that weekend and will probably pull up and run down South after the Saturday Trials and skip the MX on Sunday. I put in a sore effort at the last Class A Trial after winning on Saturday. So I have some ground to catch up on Sunday's.
Hey Hop-Sing, stopped out there on my "long way home" from work about one hour ago looking for you. Appears to have a lot of bikes/moho's showing up tonight.
Anybody interested in riding out there tomorrow for an hour or so and check things out? I've got work to do on the ranch so can't run around all day but thinking it would be fun to go out eat some lunch and watch some trials!

Oh, and nice cankel Brein!

Matt
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #1751
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
Hey Hop-Sing, stopped out there on my "long way home" from work about one hour ago looking for you. Appears to have a lot of bikes/moho's showing up tonight.
Anybody interested in riding out there tomorrow for an hour or so and check things out? I've got work to do on the ranch so can't run around all day but thinking it would be fun to go out eat some lunch and watch some trials!

Matt
Im going out to Chrome on Sunday for the MX,see whats what. Probably ride the streetbike out. Silver 1250 Bandit.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #1752
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 318
Dig post holes or Trials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post

Matt
I was hoping it would rain again anyway before I have start digging. Thanks Matt for giving me an option to weight against. Hope to see you out there, but like you I don't want to spend too much time. Its hard watching other people riding motorcycles on such a beautiful day and in a great area for any kind of riding. If you happen to see this before I go you mentioned lunch. Do they have a food vendor out there?

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #1753
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Sent you a pm Chuck, give me a call.

Matt
Old 03-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #1754
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Damn it, now I want an old trials bike
Old 03-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #1755
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
I was hoping it would rain again anyway before I have start digging. Thanks Matt for giving me an option to weight against. Hope to see you out there, but like you I don't want to spend too much time. Its hard watching other people riding motorcycles on such a beautiful day and in a great area for any kind of riding. If you happen to see this before I go you mentioned lunch. Do they have a food vendor out there?

Chuck
The local fire department is doing food at the races.
This is the first AHRMA race ever out there,it should be a good turnout,guys are hauling from a long ways away for this one.