ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #1756
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
The local fire department is doing food at the races.
This is the first AHRMA race ever out there,it should be a good turnout,guys are hauling from a long ways away for this one.
178 pre paid for the MX tomorrow. and yes it is a great turn out. Pictures to follow.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #1757
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

AHRMA Event

There is an AHRMA Event going on right under our noses.
I saw a couple of AD riders out there. Chuck and Matt showed up.

Just a couple of teaser shots from today.

So if you can make it. the weather is perfect. and it is close. 2 miles North of Chrome Ca on 306 At Burrows gap. Not sure of cost. they are selling food.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #1758
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Yea, perfect spot reminds me of how thing would have been back in the 70's. I've known the owners for for 20+ years and this is the first time for me out at their ranch - beautiful spot this time of the year.
Even if there was not an event going on this would be a great spot for a picnic - you will be missing out if you don't check this out!

Hop-Sing, did you want to say ADD riders? If so you are correct.

damn now I want a trials bike....
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #1759
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Brien...... Sorry to hear Bud.. Heal fast my friend.

What time is this event tomorrow? I plan on hitting 36 over to the coast and back tomorrow but plan on leaving dark thirty so may or may not swing through on my way back into Chico.

Sdadventure, nice to meet you. I love Chester and all of its miles and miles of logging roads. I think you will find endless fun with that gs for your area. I spend most of my spring and summer and fall riding over the hill from Chico to get to the areas around the lake...and I spend winter riding pavement around the hill to get to the trails . Hope everyone is well or HEALING well for now. See ya guys soon!
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #1760
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
178 pre paid for the MX tomorrow. and yes it is a great turn out. Pictures to follow.
It was a fun event,lots and lots of shiny neat old race bikes going around the grass track layed out in the hills. 1st AHRMA event Ive been to, and has me thinking about getting the long stationary CZ 400 and Montesa 250 sitting here up and running.
I will post some pics as well.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #1761
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Pictures

It was a nice day out at Chrome.
Great turn out.

Did you have a note in your tank bag ?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #1762
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Thanks Jeramie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
Brien...... Sorry to hear Bud.. Heal fast my friend.

What time is this event tomorrow? I plan on hitting 36 over to the coast and back tomorrow but plan on leaving dark thirty so may or may not swing through on my way back into Chico.

Sdadventure, nice to meet you. I love Chester and all of its miles and miles of logging roads. I think you will find endless fun with that gs for your area. I spend most of my spring and summer and fall riding over the hill from Chico to get to the areas around the lake...and I spend winter riding pavement around the hill to get to the trails . Hope everyone is well or HEALING well for now. See ya guys soon!

I'll heal up ok, it'll just take some time. I'm having to rethink this difficult single track stuff, I think I'll leave that to the younger or more experienced riders. This cast and crutches thing doesn't work too well for an old ass such as myself. Maybe I'll get a dog.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #1763
ktmkevinm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Good Morning all. The story is that I have landed a new job and for the first couple of months I will be staying in Chico. What I'm trying to figure out is take my moto with me up there or not. My reservations are that I'm staying at a Hotel and not sure about leaving my bike in the parking lot all day. I'm sure Hotel management would'nt like seeing it the room when they clean so that's out. Is there someone that has space to keep an extra bike if worst comes to worst. My job is with DWR and I think I am working 6-10s. I'm thinking that Sunday will be my only riding day but there is alot of unknowns until I get there and get a feel for my new life. If you have any input it would be appriciated. PM me. Thanks Kevin
ktmkevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #1764
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Hopsing,I did have a note on the tankbag,as soon as I got to the track I was quickly forced into carrying a big camera around for a friend who was racing,it was fun using a real 35mm digital camera and got some good shots of friends racing.

Talked to guys who drove from Spokane and all over,it was a National so people put out the effort.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #1765
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkevinm View Post
Good Morning all. The story is that I have landed a new job and for the first couple of months I will be staying in Chico. What I'm trying to figure out is take my moto with me up there or not. My reservations are that I'm staying at a Hotel and not sure about leaving my bike in the parking lot all day. I'm sure Hotel management would'nt like seeing it the room when they clean so that's out. Is there someone that has space to keep an extra bike if worst comes to worst. My job is with DWR and I think I am working 6-10s. I'm thinking that Sunday will be my only riding day but there is alot of unknowns until I get there and get a feel for my new life. If you have any input it would be appriciated. PM me. Thanks Kevin
Yep its worth bringing your bike up imho. I am assuming the 6-10's means 16 hr day? I wouldn't want to leave my bike in a parking lot anywhere for that amount of time all week. I would check some of the storage locker rates around town. There are plenty and I would imagine you could get a good rate if you know how long you will need it for, give or take. (College town, summer vacation etc, etc) That way its safe and sound and ready to rock on Sunday!
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #1766
ktmkevinm
Adventurer

6 x 10 hour days. Hopefully there will be someone at the new job that likes to ride. Thanks if need be I will check into storage.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #1767
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkevinm View Post
6 x 10 hour days. Hopefully there will be someone at the new job that likes to ride. Thanks if need be I will check into storage.

You working out of the Chico office or RedBluff? I'll make you a deal, you can store the bike at my ranch but get me an extra 500 ac/ft of water for less than $100 ac/ft and no charge for leaving the bike with me.

Matt
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #1768
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
You working out of the Chico office or RedBluff? I'll make you a deal, you can store the bike at my ranch but get me an extra 500 ac/ft of water for less than $100 ac/ft and no charge for leaving the bike with me.

Matt
Now that's some Agricultural negotiating there,who da thought on a site like this,good stuff,fun to see people connect in all kinds of ways
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #1769
ktmkevinm
Adventurer

Quote:

Matt

I like your thought process! However I'm coming in lower then whale poop so I'm sure they will charge me for a glass of water!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #1770
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Which is it.

Quote:

Matt
Red Bluff or Chico. I didn't know they had an office in Chico.
The Red Bluff office has a fenced yard that could be a great option. I also know of a few shops in Red Bluff.

I am a DWR brat.