ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #1816
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 652
I called the no. and got the same information so I didn't ride up.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #1817
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
Trials event info

The Rocky Ridge Trial is this coming weekend.
Saturday is the Vintage/beginner trial. {This is the day I need checkers.}
This is a shorter day with sections starting to get shut down at 3:30.
Very good way to see the sport at a level that anyone could participate. There are 5 to 6 lines at every section. Different degrees of difficulty.

Sundays event starts at 10:00 with sign ups at 9:00. This Event is more tough and riders are expected to be able to ride at a much higher level. This is maybe more spectacular to watch and sections are a little higher on the hill. But we are on a fairly small piece of land and you should be able to make it to most sections.

My work hat comes off for the Sunday Event as I plan on competing and my buddy from Chico will be in charge. It is a very relaxed time and you can stand just a couple of feet from the riders as they compete. if you want more detail get a hold of me.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #1818
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 652
This is from the last ride up to Ball Rock, a lot of paddling through snow (I fast forwarded some of that) this was the first time the GoPro started fogging up so that's what you see in the video, this was the first year they left all the gates unlocked and open year round that I know of since I started heading up there.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #1819
8lives
Oops I fell again

Oddometer: 1,729
Someone in Chico has a nice KLR with a sidecar for sale on Craigslist,anyone here???
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #1820
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Where?

GPS settings 39.763816,-122.524038

Greek to me, Chrome Ca. is less than 3 miles South. Corner of Rd 306 and Newville about 1 1/2 to the North.

if you want to help Saturday, be there by 11:00 trials starts at 12:00
Sunday Trials Starts at 10:00 over both days by 3:30 Aprox.

Free
Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #1821
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Do you ride ?

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/chi...20ridge%202014

We Did.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #1822
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Id love to come check out the trials. Planning any within 3 hours of the coast or so?
wizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #1823
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Id love to come check out the trials. Planning any within 3 hours of the coast or so?
I hear this all the time. I tell people where and when and they don't show up. {except Matt } But if you are serious about it. Then you can come to the next Sac Pits event. It is East of Petaluma, out by Marshall.
Directions: Hwy 101to Novato. Take the San Marin Exit. Go west on San Martin Dr ,right on Novato BLVD. right on PT Reyes/Petaluma Rd. Left on Hicks valley rd. Left on Marshall-Petaluma rd.
May 17th and 18th. It is a very private motorcycle club M.C.M.A.
Overnight camping available.

This is the only event anywhere close to the coast. And not to sound rude but I bet no one reading this comes. I challenge you to show up and enjoy this great spot. No riding is allowed other than the competitors. But you could walk to several of the sections and we have a killer dinner Saturday night. Flyer at www.sactopits.org
Old 04-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #1824
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,780
Not sounding rude....

"And not to sound rude but I bet no one reading this comes."

...but maybe a little bitter.
But I understand, there's been more than once where I've been stood up by guys that I've made arrangements with to go riding, no phone call, no e-mail, nothing. I've never let it keep me from having a good time, just mildly changes the ride.

redog1 screwed with this post 04-29-2014 at 06:56 AM
redog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #1825
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I hear this all the time. I tell people where and when and they don't show up. {except Matt } But if you are serious about it. Then you can come to the next Sac Pits event. It is East of Petaluma, out by Marshall.
Directions: Hwy 101to Novato. Take the San Marin Exit. Go west on San Martin Dr ,right on Novato BLVD. right on PT Reyes/Petaluma Rd. Left on Hicks valley rd. Left on Marshall-Petaluma rd.
May 17th and 18th. It is a very private motorcycle club M.C.M.A.
Overnight camping available.

This is the only event anywhere close to the coast. And not to sound rude but I bet no one reading this comes. I challenge you to show up and enjoy this great spot. No riding is allowed other than the competitors. But you could walk to several of the sections and we have a killer dinner Saturday night. Flyer at www.sactopits.org
That figures. I have a kayak fishing tournament in shelter cove that weekend. I dont mean on the coast. Redding, red bluff, shasta are all a doable drive from arcata. (Actually closer than petaluma). Ill keep my watching for the events.
wizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #1826
Jackkennedy
Jack Kennedy

Oddometer: 3
Who wants to ride their dirtsickle?

My wife and I moved to Chico, ca 6 mo ago and I haven't been able to find someone to ride with. I'm a little bit of a chicken when it comes to ridding alone.

I like fire roads, single track, sand, mud, maybe a jump or two.
So if anyone wouldn't mind to add me to their next trail ride my email address is:

untried.cadence@gmail.com
Jackkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #1827
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,780
Welcome to the Chico area...

You should be able to find some riding partners in the area. I'd be glad to show you around but I'm laid up for about another month. I'm expecting to be back in the dirt in a couple of months. Nothing wrong with riding on your own as long as you lower the risk factor.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #1828
Jackkennedy
Jack Kennedy

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
You should be able to find some riding partners in the area. I'd be glad to show you around but I'm laid up for about another month. I'm expecting to be back in the dirt in a couple of months. Nothing wrong with riding on your own as long as you lower the risk factor.

Thanks. Keep me in mind in a couple months
Jackkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #1829
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkennedy View Post
I ride local singletrack a good amount,but some people hate it when I take em up to the trails. I ride a 300XCW and that's the sort of bike mostly seen up there.

Also the paradiseridgeriders.com are the only local riding club,there are dualsport riders,singletrack riders,all ages and abilities show up. And then check out ironmandualsport.com online,Bob's a local guy and puts on great dualsport rides starting in June.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #1830
NorCalLanesplitter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
I'll ride!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkennedy View Post
Hey dude,
I'm ready to ride and looking for a riding buddy as well. I'm in process of planning a ride this weekend with another dude who just moved here from Sierra Nevada area. I'd like to check out Hogsback Lane from Red Bluff up into the Lassen Nat. Forest but I haven't met anyone who can ride that trail with me yet. I like long but fun rides from Chico to Covelo, or Redding to Lewiston and they're mainly 50/50 dirt and pavement. I'm interested in single track and also realize I'm not 18 years old with a full throttle 2 stoke anymore. I'm a Euro Thumper middle aged dude who hauls ass and been riding all my life. email me back and I'll keep you in the loop. Welcome!
NorCalLanesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote